Jan 03, 2012, 01:32 PM
looks like CG is off..I, of course could be wrong. but I come in slower on final, with flaps deployed. When flying slower you dont want to roll that far. A good way of thinking about, what I do, is you want to keep that air under the wing. When you roll to far at slower speeds, no wing, no lift, you snap into a stall.. I have done it also when I first started in jets. They need speed to keep that kind of a turn..But I would also double check your CG on your new one, looks a little off..Sorry to hear about it..keep going, thats the only way anyone gets any better..
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2012, 01:39 PM

Stmax Sm80-45 in-stock now!!

More good news We have 2-SM80-45 in stock Now
http://ohiousarc.com/cart/sm8045-stu...2b3d6c73477e23
Jan 03, 2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYDSRC
More good news We have 2-SM80-45 in stock Now
http://ohiousarc.com/cart/sm8045-stu...2b3d6c73477e23

Instead of scrolling through this thread, any vids of this in a BU32 you can direct me to??? thinking about hopping mine up..
Jan 03, 2012, 01:57 PM
I found this on for you
Habu 32 with new Stu Max 80mm fan (3 min 47 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTR450
Instead of scrolling through this thread, any vids of this in a BU32 you can direct me to??? thinking about hopping mine up..
Jan 03, 2012, 02:26 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
I'll be working on a video of several SM80's in the air at once in the coming weeks... that will be sweet!!
Jan 03, 2012, 05:22 PM
Watt me worry?
A caution:
Be sure you don't give too much throw to your control surfaces.....I set mine at less than the manual..... The plane just does not use much on aeliron or elevator.
Jan 03, 2012, 06:02 PM
bgettler
Can someone point me to a pump that works with the tamjet brake kit?
Jan 03, 2012, 06:08 PM
Mile High EDF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bob
Can someone point me to a pump that works with the tamjet brake kit?
http://www.robart.com/products/hand-air-pump-wgauge

Better price
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXET26&P=ML
Jan 03, 2012, 06:19 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
WOW ! this is one long thread Packed with a BUNCH of info that i need for this next project.....One that i am way excited to dig into.A big thanks to all you guys that take the time to post your findings.I have only had time to get through a 100 pages of bouncing around looking for the info i need,but it is very time consuming (i even read on my phone on brakes at work) but i do need to get going on this bird cause all the gear is just way to hard to look at on a table .My situation is that i have never built or flown a Glass/Wood EDF that will fly this fast.I have spent years flying and building Composite Giant Scale gassers (and a few wood arf,s) and flying Freestyle.I have had a BUNCH of foam pushers in the 140 range,some pylon planes in the 140 range,some Foam EDF,s in the 120 range,just nothing like this Habu 32 on a TAM 8s set-up...So if you guys out there that have some backround with this type of set-up,can you please give me any tips you think i need to know....Mainly if there is anything i need to do to the airframe to take the speeds cause it will end up being flown hard once there is a mutual understanding and respect between pilot and plane I thank you guys in advance for any help you might give.This Habu will be flown on an 11X,just in case some of you guys might have some tips on the TX set-up. Douglas
Jan 03, 2012, 06:26 PM
Does anybody have a pic of there mounts on a Tam fan ? I have an idea on what i want to do,but would be cool to see others.
Jan 03, 2012, 07:30 PM

Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge
LSB, don't give up! This is how I lost my first Habu 32: half throttle, left bank from about 75 ft, bang in the dirt!! My high rates were on, and I tip stalled (accelerated). This will happen with a bird that has a high wing load like the Habu 32, and no wing twist.

Put in some relflex like previously posted (1.5 deg aileron up, 1.5 deg flap down), make sure you CG is within the range, and use lower rates during cruise. I set my rates to match the flap switch: High rates for full flaps (lower speed), Med rates for half flap, and low rates for no flap (cruise).

Now I have no issues with tip stall and over a dozen good flights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets
That look very nose heavy. I can see you pull elevator and it drop back as soon you let goes.
Your mistake turning without enough air speed and been nose heavy. I can see as soon you bank. The nose already drop.
Next one check the C.G and set up your radio with 30-40% expo for less sensitive.
I fly all my jets with expo and adjusted until feel smooth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyda00
high angle of attack can create a stall aswell thats what it looked like to me but i could be wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri6672
115 cg is no problem, mix in some crow/ aileron reflex, it will help alot with tip stalls. No need for wing fences on the habu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101
It looked twitchy on elevator in your flat and level pass...

did you have to much elevator throw? any expo?
could be tail heavy...

Then as you said you were too slow and pulled to much elevator

It will turn that slow if the bank isn't so steep

sorry to see that.. hope you get back out there soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithtsr
It look tail heavy to me. What was your cg set at? I lost one a month or so ago at about half throttle on base to final. I was in a right turn and it snapped left and into a fence.....a metal fence

I'm really still not sure what happened. My cg was at 115mm, it should have been ok. I wonder if wing fences would help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetnfast
OUCH! Sorry to see your Habu go in...seems like you already know what you need to do next time...keep the speed up! Flying something without a prop means no airflow over the control surfaces at slow speeds and an accelerated stall like that mean the nose will drop right away. good luck on your next one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK
It was a rather short flight but did you check your CG prior to your flight? If your not comfortable flying the Habu maybe get a Buddy with the same TX as yourself and Buddy Box a flight or two?? I first learned to Fly these EDF Jets by purchasing a Foam Habu...but then again, the composites are a different animal. Anything I can do to try to help..PMME..I have a few extra parts for the Habu32 kicking around...Sorry about your loss.

Appreciate all your feedback, it was a hard and expensive lesson to take but i will be much better prepared for the next flight. I think the CG was off as many of you said and looking at the AOA, i should have had much more speed then. I will post more videos of the replacement and some flight vids!
Jan 03, 2012, 07:31 PM
Gotta have toys!
Hey Voodoo, nice to see you over here. The Habu-32 is a great flying EDF. You will have no problem with it. I have an 11-X file I can send you that should transfer right over to your radio. Just let me know if you want it.

Steve
Jan 03, 2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bwana1
Hey Voodoo, nice to see you over here. The Habu-32 is a great flying EDF. You will have no problem with it. I have an 11-X file I can send you that should transfer right over to your radio. Just let me know if you want it.

Steve
Good to see you are still over on this thread,i was reading some of your first posts when you were just thinking about getting this bird Well,seeing how i learned most of how the 11X works with all your help on FG,i would love to take your hard earned work and load it to my TX I take it you are enjoying your habu 32 ? If this 32 will fly half as good as my crap foam Habu on 6s,i will fly it in a IMAC contest in the basic class just to trip people out LOL.
Jan 03, 2012, 09:15 PM
Gotta have toys!
I've been flying my Habu-32 regularly from the beginning. Totaly stock, and no problems. Why limit yourself to the Basic class. I've done a lot of rolling circles and snaps with mine. I expect to see you flying the Advanced sequence with yours. LOL!
Jan 03, 2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
Does anybody have a pic of there mounts on a Tam fan ? I have an idea on what i want to do,but would be cool to see others.
Only advise I can give is to tack the mounts with CA and check for alignment. Look up the tail, measure as best you can to be sure the fan is centered. I used a bead of Vpoxy to final glue them. Also, Be sure the tabs are flat on the ply rails so when you bolt them down your not distorting the fan shroud. Good luck! Great fan for sure

Quick Reply