Oct 30, 2019, 10:52 PM
Dont confuse me with the facts
Gary do you still have those exact gear door covers available. I know others were printed, but the ones in your photo are my favorite for a number of reasons. Do they work off grass.

Also, didn’t you have a faster race jet than the one in those pictures too?

Scott
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2019, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottfpv
Gary do you still have those exact gear door covers available. I know others were printed, but the ones in your photo are my favorite for a number of reasons. Do they work off grass.

Also, didnít you have a faster race jet than the one in those pictures too?

Scott
Hey Scott,
Are you asking about the mains doors?
The pics I posted above were just to show various Servo covers, and the nose gear door. They are on various Habus of of mine. The "Race" habu had the round, two pc mains doors. They are one offs, hand cut from Styrene. The diamond shaped doors were my first design. originally made from bent Styrene. Rodger (air sally) made me a few hand laid carbon fiber ones. And the diamond shape was later copied (with out permission) my a guy in Corona CA (I forget who at the moment) and he made and sold 3D printed versions. The Diamond shape was discontinued by me due to the fact that they acted like an airfoil, and they would catch the wind, and force would stop the gear from retracting in flight.
The Pic below is the actual "Race" Habu.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Oct 31, 2019, 03:52 PM
Dont confuse me with the facts
Yes, the mains.

I was thinking you had one without a rudder and links above the wing. My bad. Anyways, thanks for the reply.

Scott
Oct 31, 2019, 06:17 PM
Your correct Scott. The race jet does not have a rudder, but slower, 160 mph, 10 one does.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Nov 07, 2019, 04:06 AM
jofro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade_D
Yeah. Habu was awesome!
Sad truth is - they make more $$$ by showing disposable foam garbage down peopleís throats.

You buy foam - it falls apart, you run and buy a new one.
You buy composite - it lasts 20+ years.

Got 3 Habus. Best plane I ever owned.
Comrade, it's nonsense! It's all about how you build them, no matter what they are build from. I fly everything for foamies to carbon fiber and there's no difference.
Nov 07, 2019, 05:28 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Yes Comrade, no need for that Mercedes when a Lada will do exactly the same thing!
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA
Nov 07, 2019, 05:57 PM
jofro
BTW, Mercs could never do what the old crappy Lada did.
Few of my oldies, build of foam, closing on 10 years, no sign of aging, I expect another 10 more if I still hang around the way I go.
Nov 07, 2019, 06:05 PM
Still Screamin'!
They all have winglets
Nov 07, 2019, 06:34 PM
jofro
Ronny, only the extra heavy ones for their size. But you never know which is better unless you do it. Out of close to 40 jets in my fleet only half a doz.
Nov 13, 2019, 10:43 PM

Retracts

Are there any other retracts that will work other than the eflight?
Nov 14, 2019, 04:40 PM
jofro
Sounds like the stock retracts having some serious issue?
Nov 14, 2019, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro
Sounds like the stock retracts having some serious issue?
Personally I donít think they are well suited for anything other than smooth pavement. Otherwise itís going to depend on multiple factors - pilot skill, landing technique, surface, etc.

I just got my Habu flying again today, repaired my broken nose trunion and swapped in my rugged Tamjet struts. I donít fly this jet too often (maybe 2 times a month?) and it ideally needs a couple knots of head wing to help slow it down since itís so slick. Unfortunately I didnít have that today and I landed long again (600x60 ft paved) and it went just off the end into the dirt. Sucks, but no damaged, except my pride. I have over 300 flights between this jet and a previous one and it takes some reps to stay consistent at landing well. Much like real jets.
Nov 15, 2019, 03:59 AM
jofro
You can always re-drill the trunion to use heavier gauge wire leg. Easiest solution if not going for the more reliable set.

Quick Reply