Jul 03, 2003, 04:18 PM
Thread OP

Who's flying on July 4?

I don't know if I should ask my wife if I can go out flying. This might be one of those times that "I should know better than to ask".

JT
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2003, 04:40 PM
God is good
Weather's not going to cooperate . . . . rain is in the prediction .

But, on the other hand, I could get a couple of flights in at the field between soakings

VP
Jul 03, 2003, 04:46 PM
Clinger, MAGA
We plan on flying on the 4th. Early in the morning --before the parade... Hopefully on the 5th as well. Got in some flights this morning too.
Jul 03, 2003, 04:50 PM
Not on the 4th, but the 5th and 6th. Electrics in the morning, surfing in the early afternoon, and sloping in the late afternoon / evening. Life is good!
Jul 03, 2003, 05:06 PM
Strange Plane Central
I will be flying this
Jul 03, 2003, 05:26 PM
Single-task at best...
Flying as per usual over here in civilisation....

Have a good day lads!

tim
Jul 03, 2003, 05:31 PM
WAA pilot #167 (yeah baby!)
I'll be doin' this...

-Adam
Jul 03, 2003, 07:16 PM
BillBowne
BillBowne
Looks to be 91F tomorrow and 97F on Saturday, so we hope to do our flying tomorrow and stay indoors on Saturday. New Jersey is swampy at this time of year -- the wind is straight off the topics!

Maybe I'll be a bit traitorous tomorrow and fly my Sopwith Pup

Bill B.
Jul 03, 2003, 11:42 PM
My flying site is the same location that the fireworks display is launched from ....So the road is closed all day While they set up I suppose. Oh well forecast is for about 108 deg. and extreme UV hazard (just another summer day in Tucson...hey it keeps the riff-raff out)

Jim
Jul 03, 2003, 11:52 PM

Re: Who's flying on July 4?

The Thunder Birds and Blue Angles.

Me too.
To a much smaller crowd.
Jul 04, 2003, 01:08 PM
Yay, Thunderbirds!

Five other guys (including 2 other zoners) plus me put on our own air show. Also had a couple soccer teams for an audience.

I had a five plane day, spent over four hours and drained every battery.

Happy 4th!

BC

here's my F-22
Last edited by Basketcase; Jul 04, 2003 at 04:26 PM.
Jul 04, 2003, 11:38 PM
D W
D W
I love you man.
I got out this morning for a little while. But don't know if you can call this "flying"...
She'll be repaired.
-David-
Jul 05, 2003, 02:43 AM
Master

Who's flying on July 4th

Spent 12 hours on July 4th flying in a Korean Air Lines Boeing 747 from Seoul to Frankfurt.
Feeling kinda shattered today after a tough week of meetings over there and the need to get over the 7 hours jet lag today.

Shot this neat (?) arty/crafty photo in the process.
Jul 05, 2003, 07:54 AM
Live to fly!
I had 2 quickies - one in the morning on my Su-31 and one in the evening with the Rare Bear... Can't help myself, must fly...
Jul 05, 2003, 09:25 AM
Pres. Uff-Da Air

7/4 Flying

I went flying on the 4th. Brag, Brag. Kind of windy 15-20, the only other fliers out were 2 buzzards at 1400+. My fellow club members were all recovering from grilleat or something Maybe today will be better socially. Buzzards have few social qualities. (they do fly nice) Uff-Da Pete

Quick Reply