MACH1RC.COM, awesome graphics for the scratch builder, now announcing the "Shockwave" - RC Groups
Sep 14, 2010, 09:24 PM
Winging it Ň>
New Product

MACH1RC.COM, awesome graphics for the scratch builder, now announcing the "Shockwave"

Adreher and I have collaborated to form a new company to help bring great graphics and colors to the scratch building community...mach1rc.com

The idea is to make printable graphics that are also the plans. Painting a great color scheme is the hard part for most builders; including me. With the images w are offering, the plans and paint job are incorporated into one image. No templates to make no painting, just great looking and great flying airplanes.

Adreher has made an outstanding contribution to the RC community with his terrificpaint thread, and his influence and artistry can be seen all over the foam scape. He has done a great job once again on the FireFly XS; our first product.

Please have a look at the first of many mach1rc.com videos below.

Mach1rc FireFly XS (2 min 33 sec)

By the way the construction technique used to make the FireFly XS has turned out a surprisingly durable airframe. Stay tuned for the blooper video to see what I'm talking about.
Last edited by leadfeather; Oct 20, 2010 at 09:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2010, 10:06 AM

So easy!

This really is an awesome way of scratch building. Once I have printed the plans, it only took me about 3 hours to complete the whole plane! (keep in mind though, I have built probably 10 Fire Fly's, so I can get the done pretty quick these days). But if I had to paint the as well, that time would be much longer. I am enjoying this plane so much I have a pink one ready to be made (that's right, real men fly pink planes).

Here is another video of me and the leadfeather flying the Fire Fly XS

mach1rc.com FireFly XS (3 min 53 sec)
Sep 15, 2010, 10:38 AM
Suspended Account
Looks neat. Any details on the process and best materials for printing and applying the graphics?
Sep 15, 2010, 03:54 PM

Congratulations Leadfeather and Adreher on a great idea.

It looks like you've created a whole new level of design for RC aircraft. Innovation must be your middle name. There are so many of your outstanding aircraft in the air and now they can come with a terrific paint job as well.
Great work always speaks for itself.

– Dick Kllne
Sep 15, 2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000
Looks neat. Any details on the process and best materials for printing and applying the graphics?
We will get more details on builds soon (with pictures of course). I have done all my printing at office max or office depot, and leadfeather used just a laserprinter for his tiled one. Applying graphics is VERY easy with the full sheet, a little more work with tiled. All i have done so far are full prints. I use 3m spray glue, spray down the depron (a full sheet), line the print up on one end, then carefully lay the print down, then cut the pieces out Each file you buy also comes with a very nice build guide.
Sep 15, 2010, 06:06 PM
Winging it Ň>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickeroo
It looks like you've created a whole new level of design for RC aircraft. Innovation must be your middle name. There are so many of your outstanding aircraft in the air and now they can come with a terrific paint job as well.
Great work always speaks for itself.

– Dick Kllne
Thanks for the kind words Dick! They are especially meaningful coming from you. So many of my designs have incorporated you inovative KF airfoil!

We are pretty excited about what we are starting. We have a long list of planes on our wish list and a couple of new planes currently in development. I'm anxious to see where this goes.
Sep 15, 2010, 06:31 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather
Thanks for the kind words Dick! They are especially meaningful coming from you. So many of my designs have incorporated you inovative KF airfoil!

We are pretty excited about what we are starting. We have a long list of planes on our wish list and a couple of new planes currently in development. I'm anxious to see where this goes.
P51 perhaps :-)
Sep 15, 2010, 06:41 PM
Winging it Ň>
Nope not on our list, but the "printed warbirds" thread may have one.
Sep 15, 2010, 06:54 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather
Nope not on our list, but the "printed warbirds" thread may have one.
Ah ok, thought you might do your P51 with this.
Sep 16, 2010, 06:41 AM
It's Just Foam!!!
From all of us with (VERY) limited painting skills, and dried-up Sharpies lying all over the house, THANK YOU! Guys, this is such a cool idea.Just what I need to get a decent-looking plane built! I'm getting tired of my wife saying"Why don't YOUR planes look that nice?"
Sep 20, 2010, 10:43 AM

durability video

Another video These things are tough (especially considering they are depron).

Bloopers Reel 1 (2 min 29 sec)
Sep 20, 2010, 03:35 PM
Fly lower!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adreher
Another video These things are tough (especially considering they are depron).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4MKotpp6Xw
Too Funny!

seriously,
You guys do great work with your designs and airbrush ideas. Looks like this will take "plane" graphics to a higher "plane"! Especially for those that don't enjoy airbrushing, or rattle cans. And talk about a time saver.........

Keep up the good work.

aerolite
Sep 20, 2010, 08:34 PM
Winging it Ň>

Coming soon

We've been busy. Test flying has gone great and our first "all new" airframe is being finalized.

Future Awesomeness (0 min 13 sec)
Sep 21, 2010, 12:48 PM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Quote:
Originally Posted by adreher
We will get more details on builds soon (with pictures of course). I have done all my printing at office max or office depot,
What does it cost to have something like that printed full sheet in color?

Azarr
Sep 21, 2010, 01:14 PM
Azarr,

Can depend on where you go. I had been going to Office Depot because they had a 50% off all prints going (keep an eye out for that kind of stuff, it was awesome!). The firefly cost about 20-25 bucks to print full page. The new plane coming out was about 35-40 bucks to print. So, doing the tiled version is much cheaper, and if done well still turns out great, but the full size prints look very sweet! The reason I decide to print full page and just pay the money is because it's easier, it's faster, and even with the print cost you only have 40 bucks in an amazing looking, performing, and very durable airframe (more durable, better graphics than most commercially available kits, IMO). But, I can also understand that a scratch builder won't want to pay that much to print Hope that helps!