Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:56 PM
-= GYRO =- is offline
Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
I just had an opportunity to look at the MXS kit that I bought. I must say the quality and finish seems better than the other 2 major company's planes I got recently. I like how they cut all the covering for you. The carbon rods on the motor mount seem like a wise choice. I hope it flies as well as the other big 2. I'm sure it is going to build easier.
Welcome to the world of MXS owners... I think it flies BETTER and than the other big 2.
What motor/servos are you planning to run?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:08 PM
bryansifsof44 is offline
Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
bryansifsof44's Avatar
I'm happy with the performace and durability of the MXS. Coming up on 300 flights and put her through hell and back and, IMO she's still pretty.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:24 PM
TG43 is offline
Find More Posts by TG43
Registered User
TG43's Avatar
Maidened my MXS. Flew great. Was a little bit different maiden for me since everything was new, first time trying savox servos (felt good)...even switched from Spektrum to Futaba radio. Quite a bit nose heavy I think which is good because I was hoping to move the battery back a bit to make it easier to get in and out, it's under the cowl a bit now.

That's my story.
I love planes!
Last edited by TG43; Mar 14, 2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:26 PM
-= GYRO =- is offline
Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
Maidened my MXS. Flew great. Was a little bit different maiden for me since everything was new, first time trying savox servos (felt good)...even switched from Spektrum to Futaba radio. Quite a bit nose heavy I think which is good because I was hoping to move the battery back a bit to make it easier to get in and out, it's under the cowl a bit now.

That's my story.
I love planes!
Congrats on your maiden!! The MXS is an awesome plane. I like it much better than the 3dhs Velox that I had. The MXS is just as capable but MUCH more stable.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:29 AM
TG43 is offline
Find More Posts by TG43
Registered User
TG43's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
The MXS is just as capable but MUCH more stable.
Thanks...and I agree.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:51 AM
jetinteriorguy is offline
Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
Congrats on your maiden!! The MXS is an awesome plane. I like it much better than the 3dhs Velox that I had. The MXS is just as capable but MUCH more stable.
I found this to be true as well, not that the Velox VR1 isn't a great plane. For me I think the Velox is a little better at the slower stuff, whereas the MXS is more of a hot rod that loves to go all out.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:59 AM
-= GYRO =- is offline
Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
I found this to be true as well, not that the Velox VR1 isn't a great plane. For me I think the Velox is a little better at the slower stuff, whereas the MXS is more of a hot rod that loves to go all out.
Agreed, however once I put a 13x6 on MXS, it harriers almost as good as my 48" Edge. This plane will do slow stuff well, just not on a 12x6.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:22 AM
bryansifsof44 is offline
Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
bryansifsof44's Avatar
Was working on a little low and slow... Cleared up just in time to fly
Extreme Flight MXS 3/14/12 (6 min 9 sec)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:48 PM
TG43 is offline
Find More Posts by TG43
Registered User
TG43's Avatar
Good stuff Bryan!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:23 PM
Space Bat is offline
Find More Posts by Space Bat
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Space Bat's Avatar
Nice flying
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:05 PM
Doc Austin is offline
Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Team Extreme Flight
Doc Austin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Was working on a little low and slow... Cleared up just in time to fly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buso_...xdvxlYfgMAM%3D
Awesome. I don't know how you can see a blue and white plane so well against the snow and grey sky.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:15 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Was working on a little low and slow... Cleared up just in time to fly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buso_...xdvxlYfgMAM%3D
DUDE!! SICK INVERTED HARRIERS MAN!! Way to go..Thats the kind of huckin I'm trying to learn to do man..Just awesome low and slow...I thought that sounded like a motrolfly motor in there.
KE were off the chain too..wow.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:26 PM
bryansifsof44 is offline
Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
bryansifsof44's Avatar
Thanks guys... It's coming along! I want to get a 60" bird as soon as I can... I am up in the air on the new MXS or the edge... I'm leaning towords the edge because I want to try one out... But the MXS is so tempting since I have so much time in one. Doc, believe it or not it's actually pretty easy to orientate direction with the color scheme. If they came out with a 60" MXS in this color scheme, I would undoubtedly go with it.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:08 PM
jetinteriorguy is offline
Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Thanks guys... It's coming along! I want to get a 60" bird as soon as I can... I am up in the air on the new MXS or the edge... I'm leaning towords the edge because I want to try one out... But the MXS is so tempting since I have so much time in one. Doc, believe it or not it's actually pretty easy to orientate direction with the color scheme. If they came out with a 60" MXS in this color scheme, I would undoubtedly go with it.
You would kill it with a 60" Edge, it's the best plane I own.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:54 AM
-= GYRO =- is offline
Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar
going out in a little bit to run 4 packs through my MXS! Going to work on harriers today, and even try a flaperon/spoileron mix.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Extreme flight rc mxs-exp EXTREME FLIGHT Electric Plane Talk 12 Jul 21, 2014 07:24 PM
Discussion EXTREME FLIGHT MXS EXP part 2-First prototype assembly and evaluation process EXTREME FLIGHT 3D Flying 2178 May 13, 2012 11:51 PM
Sold 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T-EXP red white blue -$320 ARTF AirRaider_2009 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Nov 07, 2010 11:50 PM
Sold 48" Edge EXP Extreme Flight, make offer crazyflyin Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Sep 14, 2010 07:45 AM
Video Extreme Flight RC Extra 300 EXP 48" Teaser video! Jvdo Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 03:48 PM