Extreme Flight 48" MXS EXP - PICS and VIDEOS ADDED! - Page 148 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 17, 2012, 10:08 AM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
nah, more of failed recovery from a stupid low blender. face plant.

she was pretty ragged from a hard life, so the next one will be prettier.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2012, 10:44 AM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
Motojunk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
nah, more of failed recovery from a stupid low blender. face plant.

she was pretty ragged from a hard life, so the next one will be prettier.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that

Nothing takes care of the old girl quite like a new one though
Nov 17, 2012, 02:15 PM
Registered User
morrigan's Avatar
looks only like a scratch

Sorry for you loss.
Nov 17, 2012, 03:42 PM
Сделайте Америку Великой Снова
7oneWo1f's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
mxs number 2, rip.


Very sorry for your loss.

Looks like I got off easy with a broken wheel pant, cracked racing wing tip/SFG, and cracked landing gear on my 64".

The 48" MXS is one plane I think I will always want to replace.
Nov 17, 2012, 04:43 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
nah, more of failed recovery from a stupid low blender. face plant.

she was pretty ragged from a hard life, so the next one will be prettier.
Are you gonna part her out for the next one? Sorry for the loss.
Nov 17, 2012, 11:47 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
nah, more of failed recovery from a stupid low blender. face plant.

she was pretty ragged from a hard life, so the next one will be prettier.
Get the 64'' instead. It rocks!
Nov 18, 2012, 12:50 PM
Сделайте Америку Великой Снова
7oneWo1f's Avatar
The 64" is good, but even when I bring both the 48 and the 64 to the field, they both get my attention/batteries. I have the 48 so dialed in for down low harrier work and its pitch authority...just love it. I have to practice those 3/4 waterfalls into inverted elevator moves...been doing it on the simulator.
Nov 18, 2012, 02:58 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
Get the 64'' instead. It rocks!
probably will. there is an opening now, may have to fill it with something larger .
Nov 18, 2012, 03:27 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Space Bat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
probably will. there is an opening now, may have to fill it with something larger .
Now there is a comment you don't want to here from the wife
Nov 22, 2012, 11:37 PM
GPT
GPT
Registered User
GPT's Avatar
How does this compare to the Edge, strengths/weaknesses etc
Nov 23, 2012, 10:35 AM
Volts>amps
stgdz's Avatar
Biggest difference is pitch authority and you will find yourself flying it really fast for some reason. Its just as stable in alpha as the edge. It doesn't glide as long as the edge.


This and the laser are the two planes I fly the most.
Nov 26, 2012, 07:37 AM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
Yesterday I took my MXS out and tried to do a knife edge spin and it wanted to flatten out. My entry works with other planes but not this bird. I stall and drop either to the left or right with full down elevator along with rudder input. Any suggestions??
Nov 26, 2012, 07:42 AM
This is NOT a TOY?
C_Watkins's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw357_23043
Yesterday I took my MXS out and tried to do a knife edge spin and it wanted to flatten out. My entry works with other planes but not this bird. I stall and drop either to the left or right with full down elevator along with rudder input. Any suggestions??
Try starting it with a little more opposite aileron than you're used to using, at about half throttle.
(Maybe relax the rudder a bit too, if the above doesn't get it for you)


Edit: Oops. I have 64" MXS's. Just caught that this is the 48" thread. I have not flown the 48" and not sure if the same would apply.
Nov 26, 2012, 08:03 AM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Watkins
Try starting it with a little more opposite aileron than you're used to using, at about half throttle.
(Maybe relax the rudder a bit too, if the above doesn't get it for you)


Edit: Oops. I have 64" MXS's. Just caught that this is the 48" thread. I have not flown the 48" and not sure if the same would apply.
When I try it's in WOT. I'll relax the rudder a bit and see what happens. Thanks!
Nov 26, 2012, 08:06 AM
This is NOT a TOY?
C_Watkins's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw357_23043
When I try it's in WOT. I'll relax the rudder a bit and see what happens. Thanks!
Good luck.
After an embarrasing showing at a contest, I really worked on KE spins on all my planes this summer and hit them about 90% of the time now
I've found that most of my planes will go in at considerably less than full throttle, and that they wind up faster if I relax the rudder once they lock in.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Extreme flight rc mxs-exp EXTREME FLIGHT Electric Plane Talk 12 Jul 21, 2014 06:24 PM
Discussion EXTREME FLIGHT MXS EXP part 2-First prototype assembly and evaluation process EXTREME FLIGHT 3D Flying 2178 May 13, 2012 10:51 PM
Sold 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T-EXP red white blue -$320 ARTF AirRaider_2009 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Nov 07, 2010 10:50 PM
Sold 48" Edge EXP Extreme Flight, make offer crazyflyin Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Sep 14, 2010 06:45 AM
Video Extreme Flight RC Extra 300 EXP 48" Teaser video! Jvdo Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 02:48 PM