Thread Tools
Sep 10, 2012, 03:08 PM
AMF Years
7oneWo1f's Avatar
I get 7 minute flights on a 60" extra with 3300 mah 6s batteries and a 15x6 prop. Start up propping (up to a 16x8 with the new torque), and your time may change. I get 5 minute flights on my 48" MXS with 2200 mah 4s swinging 12x6.
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Sep 10, 2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: 2200
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2012, 06:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I get 7 minute flights on a 60" extra with 3300 mah 6s batteries and a 15x6 prop. Start up propping (up to a 16x8 with the new torque), and your time may change. I get 5 minute flights on my 48" MXS with 200 mah 4s swinging 12x6.

emmmm..... 200mah 4s??? guess i want your motor lol....
Sep 10, 2012, 07:13 PM
Volts>amps
stgdz's Avatar
I get 7 minute times on my gens 25c 2500's.
Sep 12, 2012, 08:26 PM
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
heading to EF tomorrow to pick up a set of wings for my 48" MXS....after sitting for months i will get to fly the plane again. Very excited to see how it goes as i have had lots of practice on my other planes.
Sep 13, 2012, 12:01 AM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
heading to EF tomorrow to pick up a set of wings for my 48" MXS....after sitting for months i will get to fly the plane again. Very excited to see how it goes as i have had lots of practice on my other planes.
so sorry buddy,that jackass from cochran never did get you the one wing did he..
he still has that dang wing sittin on a shelf in the trailer too..
Sep 13, 2012, 07:01 AM
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
so sorry buddy,that jackass from cochran never did get you the one wing did he..
he still has that dang wing sittin on a shelf in the trailer too..
lol its cool if i dumb thumb it again i know who has an extra wing...on the flip side i will have three left hand wings now.

btw you going to e-nall this year?
Sep 13, 2012, 09:26 AM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Not gonna make enall. Too much month at the end of the money im afraid. Waiting on a surgery date as well so i cant really make plans. When they say go, im down for a time.
Sep 22, 2012, 02:22 AM
Registered User
im starting to get a REALLY big wish to get rid of my msx and get something else lol.... like laser...today flew 2 batteries, all ok,all locked in,landings more or less nice and by the end of second battery attempted vall too low and blew my rudder hinges...this is the only plane where im having so much problems... sigh...now again msx grounded untill i sort out new hinges... or maybe ill scrap it.... im SOOOO angry!
Sep 22, 2012, 03:19 AM
bryansifsof44's Avatar
Sorry to hear about that... I had many many good flights with the MXS and wish I still had one. Maybe a green 60 should be in my plans.
Sep 22, 2012, 03:28 AM
Registered User
had i luck to feel comfy with my 48, i would get a 60, but so,i guess 60" edge will do much better for me...
Sep 22, 2012, 03:47 AM
bryansifsof44's Avatar
I have one of them... I am very happy with it
Sep 22, 2012, 04:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
had i luck to feel comfy with my 48, i would get a 60, but so,i guess 60" edge will do much better for me...
You will love the Edge, can't go wrong with it. I can sort of relate to your feelings on the 48" MXS, it took me a long time to figure out the right setup for mine and to just fly it enough to really like it. Now that I have it just right and have flown it enough to get accustomed to it I love it almost as much as my 60" Edge. The Edge on the other hand was very easy to get comfortable with and has done more to improve my skills than any other plane, and it's still my favorite.
Sep 22, 2012, 07:43 AM
Volts>amps
stgdz's Avatar
Have you thought of setting the elevator to 45degrees on high rate?


I'm at the opposite end. The edge has taken me forever to figure out, but the mxs I'm golden on.
Sep 22, 2012, 09:08 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Have you thought of setting the elevator to 45degrees on high rate?


I'm at the opposite end. The edge has taken me forever to figure out, but the mxs I'm golden on.
i am flying on 45... tried couple of times 75 but was waaaay too much for me and with 2200 batteries, plane seems to want more weight for tumbles... i just want to scrap this airframe and get something different... >.<
Sep 22, 2012, 09:52 AM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
sorry you are having such difficulty!!! mine has been beat to hell, multiple repairs, rudder is cracked and bent, motorbox supports broken and repaired, motorbox itself broken, antirotation pin female parts cracked and repaired, and still flies great.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Extreme flight rc mxs-exp EXTREME FLIGHT Electric Plane Talk 12 Jul 21, 2014 06:24 PM
Discussion EXTREME FLIGHT MXS EXP part 2-First prototype assembly and evaluation process EXTREME FLIGHT 3D Flying 2178 May 13, 2012 10:51 PM
Sold 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T-EXP red white blue -$320 ARTF AirRaider_2009 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Nov 07, 2010 10:50 PM
Sold 48" Edge EXP Extreme Flight, make offer crazyflyin Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Sep 14, 2010 06:45 AM
Video Extreme Flight RC Extra 300 EXP 48" Teaser video! Jvdo Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 02:48 PM