Sep 13, 2010, 04:32 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

MKS DS6125 Wing Servo - Anyone using them yet?

Hi There

Just wondering in anyone is using the MKS DS6125 Wing Servos yet?

The spec looks great but I would be interested to hear how people are getting on with them in the real world.

I would be particularly interested to hear how they compare to Graupner DS3288 and Futaba 3150 when in use (not just on paper ;-). Does anyone know if the servo output spine is the same as Graupner or Futaba, I suspect the spline is specific to MKS but it would be great to know for sure.

Thanks in advance

Keith
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2010, 01:59 PM
Thread OP
Anyone, anyone, Bueller??

These servos have a great spec. I am really surprised that no one is using them yet.

Is there a reason that people are holding back?

Is it that you can't get your hands on them?

I was thinking about ordering some but know I'm not so sure. What's the story?

Thanks in advance

Keith

(With apologies to those who aren't fans of Ferris Buellers Day Off)
Sep 29, 2010, 02:16 PM
Hi Keith
Feed back so far, excellent! there is absolutely no slop in the gear train at all. Also available:
http://www.t9hobbysport.com/item.asp...149&prodid=514
Sep 30, 2010, 12:44 PM
Chrome gear !! interesting , Looks nice weighs a few grams more .
Sep 30, 2010, 01:01 PM
H, I got some DS6125 for testing first. I may say this will be the next generation of servo's for our DS Needle 100 and they will be available in my shop.
This kind of servos have an absolute absense of play, a very good resolution and power,power power.
Can't await to test them in our Full DS Needle with double spar, triple joinersystem . Should be ready in two weeks...

Cheers
Thuro
Sep 30, 2010, 01:53 PM
Biting ankles since '53
I think they deserve clear servo covers Thuro...
Oct 03, 2010, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuro
H, I got some DS6125 for testing first. I may say this will be the next generation of servo's for our DS Needle 100 and they will be available in my shop.
This kind of servos have an absolute absense of play, a very good resolution and power,power power.
Can't await to test them in our Full DS Needle with double spar, triple joinersystem . Should be ready in two weeks...

Cheers
Thuro
Don`t do that to me Thuro, people have been asking me to make a DS comeback...
Oct 04, 2010, 12:42 AM
Do it to him Thuro! Cmon Pengy - let's have it mate LOL!!!

Z
Oct 28, 2010, 08:56 PM
I got a couple of these to check out and am really impressed with the geartrain. As said above, there is no play. With Kin's 3rd bearing mounts, they should be totally solid!

Speed and precision are great as well.

As for the torque, I was a little dissapointed with the dynamic torque. I measured a stall torque of 54oz-in with my scale and a stirstick lever arm. While unsophisticated, I've used this method in the past to measure other servos and it is generally accurate. Most are very close to spec and the airtronics 94820 actually reads consistently overspec.

The DS6125 appears to be a great servo. Definitely miles above the likes of the 5125mg but its not the all out miracle servo I was hoping for... 54oz-in is a far cry from the published stall torque of 114oz-in. Perhaps instead of stall torque they mean static holding torque (as in the torque required to force the servo off it's current position)? Can anyone else verify the torque of their DS6125? Maybe I got a dud?

My dream servo would have the MK geartrain, precision, and speed with the torque of a DS3421!

Spencer

Oh yeah, the spline is bigger than a volz and smaller than a Futaba or JR. It appears to be unique from any other servos that I have. The arms that come with the servo are a little on the light side for my liking. I was wondering if there were any aluminum arms out there that would fit?
Last edited by sll914; Oct 29, 2010 at 12:28 AM.
Oct 29, 2010, 01:00 AM
This is MKS DS6125 Wind Server TEST

MKS Server TEST (0 min 31 sec)

MKS Servo TEST 2 (0 min 30 sec)
Oct 29, 2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll914
I was wondering if there were any aluminum arms out there that would fit?
MKS will soon have metal servo arms available for this servo, they are also developing more DS 6125 sized servos:
http://www.mks-servo.com.tw/photoindex.php?cid=36
Oct 29, 2010, 04:34 AM
I pusblished the Servormances testing results of the MKS 6125 on www.planet-soaring.com

I lent one of the MKS DS 6125 I had to the Servormances team. The servos is still alive and in perfect condition !

Results are pretty good and confirm the first good feedbacks from the users.
Dec 31, 2010, 12:49 PM
Detail Freak
These servos seem pretty sweet....

Are they available anywhere in the US?? That would be nice.

Bags-
How do the RDS adapters attach to the RDS shafts? If you screw them onto the servo output shaft, then glue the shaft into the adapter, you'd have them permanently fixed to the servo, wouldn't you?
I guess one could try to drill and tap the side of the adapter for grub screws.
Or, is the bore for the shaft keyed somehow to the shaft?

Thanks,
Target
Dec 31, 2010, 02:02 PM
somewhere in South America
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
Are they available anywhere in the US?? That would be nice.
Closer to you than you think... : )
http://www.soaringusa.com/products/s...ategory_id=269

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir

Quick Reply