Aluminum Servo Mounts for 5g and 9g Servos - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by sotog, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 12, 2010, 07:40 PM
Trader Rating: 22
For Sale

Aluminum Servo Mounts for 5g and 9g Servos

I have been making some cnc machined aluminum servo mounts for a variety of 5 gram and 9 gram servos. Mounts weigh less than 2g each and are a great addition to any RC plane, helicopter, car, boat, or scratch built model.

Instead of gluing servos directly to your model, simply glue the aluminum servo mount to your model, then quickly attach or remove your servos with the 2 supplied screws.

The HXT900, HXT500 and Tower Hobbies TS-5 servos have been tested and fit great with these mounts. Any servos with these same dimensions should also fit perfect. Below are some photos and critical dimensions of the mount.

A number of people have been using these with positive feedback.

Included are 2 pieces of the 5 gram or 9 gram aluminum servo mount with screws.

For RC group members I'm asking $4.00 for the pair plus $2.00 fixed shipping anywhere in the US. If interested in trying some of these let me know which pair you would like 5g or 9g.

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2010, 08:44 PM
Trader Rating: 5
Tagged for later
Sep 13, 2010, 05:23 AM
Trader Rating: 9
i like them.pm me your info so i can save it ..
Sep 13, 2010, 03:03 PM
Trader Rating: 12
the holder is meant to put double sided tape on the side to attach to something (eg. frame).

If you could add 2 countersunk (size M2 or M3) on the side at that location, that would be GREAT (i'll buy a pair)!! That way i could securely hold the servo.
Sep 13, 2010, 03:28 PM
You could use double sided tape, but I recommend 5 min epoxy. Of course if you need to remove them you couldn't with the epoxy.

I am looking into adding some additional screw holes on the side for mounting with screws. This would push the servo away from the side a bit (for the screw head), but that may not be an issue. I will need to look into some of the screws available and maybe I can countersink them.

I'll post more info when I have it.

Thanks.
Sep 13, 2010, 04:30 PM
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotog
You could use double sided tape, but I recommend 5 min epoxy. Of course if you need to remove them you couldn't with the epoxy.

I am looking into adding some additional screw holes on the side for mounting with screws. This would push the servo away from the side a bit (for the screw head), but that may not be an issue. I will need to look into some of the screws available and maybe I can countersink them.

I'll post more info when I have it.

Thanks.
Yeah.... hate using epoxy or even double sided tape if i need to move it, etc...
The countersunk screw option is best.
Let me know if that option is available and i'll buy it from you.
Sep 14, 2010, 11:06 AM
Trader Rating: 16
Have you considered making mounts for the Airtronics 94809 and 94820 servos? They are starting to become popular with the sailplane flyers and no mounts are currently available for them.
Sep 14, 2010, 11:50 AM
Trader Rating: 456
Fabrication Extraordinaire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotog
I have been making some cnc machined aluminum servo mounts for a variety of 5 gram and 9 gram servos. Mounts weigh less than 2g each and are a great addition to any RC plane, helicopter, car, boat, or scratch built model.

Instead of gluing servos directly to your model, simply glue the aluminum servo mount to your model, then quickly attach or remove your servos with the 2 supplied screws.

The HXT900, HXT500 and Tower Hobbies TS-5 servos have been tested and fit great with these mounts. Any servos with these same dimensions should also fit perfect. Below are some photos and critical dimensions of the mount.

A number of people have been using these with positive feedback.

Included are 2 pieces of the 5 gram or 9 gram aluminum servo mount with screws.

For RC group members I'm asking $4.00 for the pair plus $2.00 fixed shipping anywhere in the US. If interested in trying some of these let me know which pair you would like 5g or 9g.

Thanks.
Great Idea Sotog! American ingenuity at its best!!!

I will be buying a couple when I figure out how many I need...
Sep 14, 2010, 12:55 PM
Trader Rating: 98
Do you have any that takes JR 368 servos?
Sep 14, 2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hungarian
Do you have any that takes JR 368 servos?
Not yet. But I can plan on making some different designs based on the more popular servos.

I will definitely be keeping track of every request and do my best to making some more custom fit mounts.

Thanks.
Sep 14, 2010, 02:42 PM
Trader Rating: 98
JR 368 is used for sailplanes frequently. i am sure you wil get godd respons.
Sep 17, 2010, 04:36 PM
Trader Rating: 0
dwaynenancy
Are these still available? Do you take PayPal? Dwayne
Sep 18, 2010, 08:24 AM
Trader Rating: 117
Too much power = Just enough
Definately add the countersunk mounting holes.
Sep 28, 2010, 09:45 AM
Trader Rating: 18
niiiiiiiiiiiiiice
Sep 28, 2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks!

I know have a design with the mounting holes so you can screw or glue them on. The holes are offset to either side of the servo, so the servo still sits flush.

I'll post some new pictures.