Sep 12, 2010, 07:31 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Thread OP
Help!

Engage rc racing boat Need help with parts?Added pics!!!

I have been doing rc for about 30 years but mostly planes and cars. I have owned a few boats in the past like the one from graupner and a few rtr's it has been awhile for boats untill, I recently picked up an engage rc mono hull on ebay. I am in the process of rebuilding it as most of the parts were dirty and out of alignment a little rusty. Anyway I need help with the drive hardware. I had to cut the prop off as it was practically welded to the drive shaft. so I know I need a new prop which was an octura 430. but now for the shaft I have no clue what dia/size to get. I did measure the flex shaft and it is 6in long and 3mm dia. but the square at the end is just over 2mm or so. when I look at like offshore electrics everything is like 1/16 to 1/8. so which do I get. thanks for any help.

the flex cable is 4mm
Last edited by tc3wins; Sep 13, 2010 at 10:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2010, 08:20 AM
3mm is very close to 1/8", I believe 1/8" is 3.17mm exactly. Some pictures of what you're after might help, I'm not too sure how many people will be familiar with that boat.
Sep 13, 2010, 09:20 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Thread OP
Does anyone know if offshore electrics has an actual phone #
Sep 13, 2010, 10:25 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Thread OP
Added pics.

Quick Reply