Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:32 AM
Find More Posts by Arcturus97
Retreating Blade Stall
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
I seem to have very little elevator movement ... is this normal or have I done something wrong??
Unfortunately that is normal but you can fix. You will want to trim a little foam away where the elevator pushrod is - that will help. Also consider upgrading to a better metal gear servo for the elevator.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:41 AM
Find More Posts by silent_guru
Hold my Beer and watch this!
[QUOTE=mutha;20269313]I seem to have very little elevator movement ... is this normal or have I done something wrong?? [/QUOTE

On mine I had to remove some of the foam behind the elevator pushrods under the vert stab to get full movement.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by topher39

Back in stock at Grayson

Just ordered one - they are back in stock at Grayson Hobbies! Can't wait!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:37 PM
Find More Posts by cloaked
Why did I sell them all.
Back from 5S maiden!

Woohoo No smoke! Had a good 5 mins out of a 5S 3000mah battery and still have about 40% left. Did a few good passes at WOT.

So happy!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 04:47 AM
Find More Posts by PeterVRC
I have been too 'scared' to try 5S in case it smokes it! I am not too fussed over the ESC or motor, but if it fries/kills the ESC and the BEC too and then the Meteor becomes a real meteor.... unguided missile. I haven't made the effort to put in the seperate BEC I have. Plus the nose retract is not quite completed.
Hopefully all to be finished in a few days when I get some more time for the Meteor.
I also want to (maybe, or not, right away too) change the elevators to run from twin servos mounted in the body sides instead.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 07:06 AM
Find More Posts by mutha
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)

Elevator

thanks for the advice folks ... once again these forums provide a wealth of knowledge

Oh and Happy New Year to all.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:50 PM
Find More Posts by Arcturus97
Retreating Blade Stall
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
I have been too 'scared' to try 5S in case it smokes it! I am not too fussed over the ESC or motor, but if it fries/kills the ESC and the BEC too and then the Meteor becomes a real meteor.... unguided missile. I haven't made the effort to put in the seperate BEC I have.
I've been scared of 5S too - because the first time I tried it the motor smoked in the first 30 seconds of flight - however I think the motor was not centered. Whatever the reason my 5S battery went months without being used but today I charged it up and put it in the Meteor. It flew great!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:52 PM
Find More Posts by FresnoJay
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
For the interest of the 5S questions. I fly my meteor on 5S and have been for a bit. Also I bought the Meteor power combo and put it in an Airpower F-20 (foam/wood/fiber glass) model. Has several flights on 5S as well.

Jason
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:19 PM
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
airpower f20 is that like the het f20?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:39 PM
Find More Posts by tommywatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoJay View Post
For the interest of the 5S questions. I fly my meteor on 5S and have been for a bit. Also I bought the Meteor power combo and put it in an Airpower F-20 (foam/wood/fiber glass) model. Has several flights on 5S as well.

Jason
What sort of current do you get with the Meteor motor/ESC on 5S?

Regards

Tom Watson
Sydney Australia
Old Jan 01, 2012, 04:58 AM
Find More Posts by FresnoJay
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
CN, Yes its also called the AFA F-20. They look darn near identical.

Tommy, I am getting 59A peak and it settles to around 55 or so. With the ESC in the intake its all good to go. I fly with no separate BEC just the onboard one on the ESC. In the F-20 I put the ESC in the tailpipe so it sees the same type of cooling. I have 3 flights ont he F-20 and at least a dozen in the Meteor. Now that I have 3 5S packs they flight number will rack up rather quickly.

Jason
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:06 AM
Find More Posts by Strongbow
After losing my Meteor to a radio brown out several months ago, I was very dissappointed to see Nitro not carry this bird anymore. Thankfully Grayson Hobby now has them. Living in N. Florida, this is a good thing for me. So I pulled the trigger on another Meteor. I also have ordered a Change Sun 10 blade fan unit from RC Castle. Has anyone tried this fan, or am I going to be the first?
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:32 AM
Find More Posts by pavcon
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
After losing my Meteor to a radio brown out several months ago, I was very dissappointed to see Nitro not carry this bird anymore. Thankfully Grayson Hobby now has them. Living in N. Florida, this is a good thing for me. So I pulled the trigger on another Meteor. I also have ordered a Change Sun 10 blade fan unit from RC Castle. Has anyone tried this fan, or am I going to be the first?
Someone on the LX-22 thread has on 5s on the stock meteor motor.. But I think that 5s is a lot of load..
today I received mine. not going to test soon though
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:43 AM
Find More Posts by topher39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
As posted by "Allelectric" on the Venom F-86 70mm thread see below. I am a firm believer of the Stock Dynam fan (once balanced) on 5s - hard to go wrong.

Change Sun 10 blade rotor:

I posted these results on the LX A-10 thread, but I can't remember if I posted them here or not. In case I didn't here they are:

"Okay Ladies and Gents, today I got a chance to try the new CS 10-blade fan in a real live plane. I'm sorry to report I am disappointed with this combination, but keep in mind, it might give better results with a 1900-2100Kv motor. I used my Cyclone 2500Kv motor on 4s and then 5s.

First, this is the standard (and this is important) I use to compare all 70mm fans with: Change Sun 70mm housing, Delta 5-blade fan, Cyclone 2500Kv motor on 6s in Meteor:

90 mph
37 amps
795 watts
21.5 volts

CS 10-blade using Cylone 2500Kv in Meteor:

4s:

82 mph
42 amps
621 watts
14.76 volts

5s:

93 mph
54 amps
939 watts
17.4 volts

Bottom line, IMO, is these blades look good and sound good (but not that much better), but they are amp hogs. If I can get my hands on a lower Kv motor to test these blades with on 6s, I'll post the results."

- John