Mar 06, 2017, 08:06 AM
Objects in mirror are losing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX HEWSON View Post
AH Stu, you finally have the Beevo record back lol
After Bruce called out that speed I was thinking your BeEvo record was 167 and I had just missed it. Means now you've got to build another one.
Again I found the Bee so much easier to fly than the BeEvo. It's just as fast and more stable. Even launching the BeEvo never goes smoothly for me.
BTW, My previous top speed with unreinforced coroplast winglets was a 165 with my original 40oz Bee.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2017, 03:32 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Haven't DSed a bee before, I did like the 40oz beevo though. One day I'll build another
Mar 06, 2017, 04:05 PM
Blue Sky Mining
Sounds like I need more lead
Mar 07, 2017, 12:53 AM
I prefer the Bee2 than the Beevo
Mar 07, 2017, 01:14 AM
So today I headed across the mountains and through a blizzard to visit Chris and go fly Black Swan Hill. The forecast was for upwards of 35mph winds with gusts to 50. That's not what we got. It seemed to bounce between about 17 and 27 give or take over time. Never steady enough for our liking. But we got in several hours of flying in the bitter cold, occasionally assaulted by snowflakes, seeking shelter from the wind from time to time to try to warm up. It was flying, on a mostly smooth backside, which is pretty rare out here, so it was a good day, no matter how bad our fingers hurt as they thawed out, or how the wind gods didn't give us the full power the hill has in it. And it seemed like a short time I had my D80 in the air, but according to Chris and the video, it was about 45 minutes.... no wonder I was so darn ready to land, that's a lot of laps. Great practice.

In order of flights:

3-6-2017
Pilot : Paul Arbogast
Radargun : Stalker Pro II
Speed: 115 mph
Modell : Gulp DS III
Witness: Chris Swan
Gyro: No

3-6-2017
Speed: 95 mph
Modell : JW 30

3-6-2017
Pilot : Chris Swan
Speed: 172 mph
Modell : Dopus
Witness: Paul Arbogast

3-6-2017
Speed: 184 mph (PB)
Modell : D80 (125oz)

3-6-2017
Pilot : Chris Swan
Speed: 212
Modell : D80 (125 oz + one ballast plate))
Witness: Paul Arbogast

"I pity the fool that fly's there." - Chris, as we look up at BSH on the way up.

Black Swan Hill 3-6-17 (9 min 29 sec)
Last edited by acclivity; Mar 07, 2017 at 01:19 AM.
Mar 20, 2017, 10:16 AM
Hi Jochen, sorry it's taken so long to add these speeds I've been working on rcspeeds. I have a question for you. I assume that Mr. Panush is your witness. We have a pilot with a similar spelling.

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by myschlot View Post
Hi Chris
Today We flown a new Record with the K 130 in Fischbach at our Mini Hill.

Pilot : Jochen Linhardt
Radargun : Falcon
Speed: 293 mph
Modell : K 130 light ( with Carbon Joiners )
Witness: Karsten Panusch Is this the same as Carsten Pannusch and if so which name is spelled correctly?
No Gyro

2nd PB
Pilot : Karsten Panusch
Fischbach
Falcon
Speed: 285 mph
Model: K2m
with Gyro

Thanks and regards
Jochen
Mar 20, 2017, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamwings33 View Post
Hi,

the correct Speed from Jochen is 296 mph

Karsten
Ahh, Karsten, can you answer the post above.. .

Karsten Panusch or Pannusch? and is this, (http://rcspeeds.com/pilot.aspx?p=579) you.
Mar 20, 2017, 10:42 AM
Hey Chris, Not sure if Karsten will see this anytime soon so I can confirm that its spelled:

Karsten Panusch

Thanks for all your work on RCSpeeds!
Mar 20, 2017, 11:54 AM
thanks ...
Mar 20, 2017, 01:55 PM
Hy Chris,

Sorry I see this Pilots side my first time. It is my old speed for the Diva.
The name is absolutely wrong written.
Thanks Spencer too, my correct name is Karsten Panusch

By the way I have a little bit more speeds.

1-11-2015
Radargun : Falcon
Speed: 195 mph
Modell : D60
Witness: Jochen Linhardt

7-25-2015
Radargun : Stalker Pro
Speed: 263 mph
Modell : FDS Needle
Witness: Dieter Feulner
Mar 20, 2017, 07:49 PM
In looking for gyro speeds to add found these speeds from south africa would love to add them but I need more info...

Managed to get 280kmh/175mph. Personal best
date; 27/3/2016
Wind; 50kmh
Location; 'My Hill' Witsieshoek mountain lodge South Africa
Plane; modified Typhoon(rcrcm)
Radar, stalker 2 pro
Witness; Paul Usswald

Managed to get a speed of 259.7 kmh/162mph. personal best
date; 26/3/2016
Wind speed; 35kmh.
Plane; Toko full glass/carbon.
Location; 'My Hill' Witsieshoek mountain lodge South Africa
Radar; stalker 2 pro
Witness; Paul Usswald.
Mar 20, 2017, 08:41 PM
Teach a friend to slope!
Chris,
Thank you very much for working on rcspeeds.com to incorporate the gyro class! It will be great to have information on what gyros work best and how gyro speeds compare to thumbs on a given day.
Mar 20, 2017, 10:01 PM
No worries it's almost done

Funny thing is there's hardly any Gyro speeds. I think Ian may have compiled a bunch of them? Too bad he doesn't have them any more or he doesn't feel like posting them . I basically have Allen's, Scott Mangers your JW speeds, a few others and that's about it .

I didn't realize that Alan Coconi and his amazing stability system had the airframe record for the K2M, even if it's only by 2 miles an hour at 462. It be nice if those of you that do use gyros list what kind a Gyro you have in the plane so I can start compiling that as well

No twetty speeds... lol

I'm really happy to post some Japanese speeds that are Gyro. I remember when the guys posted I was feeling a little bad that I didn't have a home for them

Hopefully now that I have a home for them people will start posting them.
Mar 20, 2017, 10:09 PM
Teach a friend to slope!
To be honest, nobody was really worried about posting gyro speeds as for the most part gyros are used to increase the fun factor on the not-so-fun days. But the newer servos and gyros work well together and allow for some insane speeds, so I think now with a searchable database of gyro speeds we will see more people participate in the all out speed aspect of gyro ds.
Mar 25, 2017, 10:51 PM
Here's a few I culled from this thread originally. Don't remember if it was a complete list at the time or not.
Been many more since then, some posted, and I suspect most not.