Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 29, 2010, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr_mizzard View Post
Sweet! Nice flying Duarte... but I'm still 1mph faster than you! Jajajaja!
I wish I could have been there with you guys. Next time.

-James
Nice James, I'm 99 mph slower than you, and 100 mph slower than you James.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2010, 11:48 PM
Congrats James!!! Happy to see you get a new PB on your first day out with the Kinetic. Wish I coulda been there to help out and see the smile on your face!!! You'll be surprised how easy 300+ will feel to you next time out...

Spencer
Dec 30, 2010, 12:03 AM
Way to go James love to see the Kinetic fly and John on the big Dub. Going on 3 week with this #%$*! COLD. Some day I'll get better and get a chance to fly.

Tim
Dec 30, 2010, 08:59 AM
Congrats on the 189 John!
Dec 30, 2010, 10:56 AM
Objects in mirror are losing
Good fun yesterday. When I left the temp was 39F and didn't get any warmer. I guess you SoCal DSers aren't wimps after all. Congrats on the good speeds. Everyone's flying skills were strong and safe.
I'm always impressed by the big 3 "Manufacturers" and their willingness to help someone setup and maiden a "competitors" plane. Standup gentlemen in my book. The TTT is a thing of beauty and wow, what a sound when it screams by.
Oh well, it's windy this morning, time to head on back up the slope.
stu
Dec 30, 2010, 11:04 AM
Thanks guys!

that was a crazy fun day, crazy flying conditions!! thanks Jason, Chris and Billy for all the help!

The Kinetic is a dream! can waith to go 300+ with it! Thank you Spencer!

James.
who is 1mph slower than James!
Dec 30, 2010, 03:20 PM
Another great day at Weldon!!!

We saw full 180 degree rainbows multiple times this is a shot of one of them. One end was near the landing area and the second end was near at the back of the hill. My old camera does not do it justice they were spectacular.

Doctor Dub was there and Stu AKA (1000MPH) had a plethora of awesome JW’s in the back of his shiny new car.

There were two new “Tub Dub’s” on scene and both tore up the skis. I’m starting to think 100+++oz JW’s are going to be the norm soon. They fly in big or light air and are lots of fun in either. Mike’s and John’s JW’s were both new and beautiful.

This is the JW that can be ballasted up to 175oz!!

Jason with James’s new K100…

The last hour or so made the day for me! All of yesterday was nice but the last two flights pushed it up a notch to awesome! Jason flew the supper heavy TTT.

Thank you “MUCHO” for letting me have a go with the TTT, (T-Tailed-Thundertaker)! That plane is something else, heaviest plane I’ve DS’ed“. 400+oz of smoking Carbon fun! It is so heavy I almost fell forward when Jason handed it to me to launch it! It felt like it was made of steel. First time I’ve flow another’s plane so fast and it seemed like I was jsut cruising a few mellow laps. Without Jason saying "faster", "come on", "I love watching others flying the Thundertaker", I couldn’t have flown the TTT so fast, 300mph.
The last flight, (James’s K100 flight) made the day for many of us! James for sure! Thanks guys for a great day!

The Maiden ground crew.

The launch

The Pilot

The new pb our favorite determined Radar operator (Billy) and one happy pilot after a perfect landing. Many worry about the radar gun’s numbers and forget what “I think” are the skills that make a great pilot. Many people have been handed a radio on a borrowed plane, get a fast speed on a windy day and then relax as the owner lands the plane. Not James he did all!!! Well done! I was impressed with your landing skills. Stuck it out went round and round till you nailed the landing, every time, much respect James. Congratulations on owning, building, programming, flying fast and most importantly nailing every landing by yourself.

I have a buch of video and I'll hope to share some of that too.

Chris
Last edited by daboz; Dec 31, 2010 at 05:12 PM.
Dec 31, 2010, 06:10 PM

Welcome TTT to rcspeeds.com

Thundertaker T-Tailed

Love adding new planes.

Amazing weight 448oz!!!

Great Maiden Jason.

Chris
Dec 31, 2010, 09:57 PM
DS= -$ & :-)
Those are some excellent pics. Looks so cold and I'm not used to seeing so much water in the shots of Weldon!

Congrats on the pb's.

448oz is 12.5kgs! Wow!

Eric
Jan 01, 2011, 12:01 PM
I wish you could have been there just to feel the weight. I asked a few of the guys there to hold the plane just to feel it... 448oz does say something but when you lift that plane up it feels strange. And in the 50 mph winds it lifts out of you hands as you walk to the front of the hill. Awesome Plane!!!
Jan 03, 2011, 12:48 AM
AvB
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Those are great photos - thanks! Looks cold too.

Hang on ... 448 grams = 12.7 kilograms!! That is really crazy!
Jan 03, 2011, 10:59 PM
Right on James!
Just read the news. 2011 is gonna be a goooooood year

Mark
Jan 09, 2011, 09:42 PM
Stay in it!!!!
Mars
Sunday Jan 9th, 2011
James Mueller
D80
314MPh
I saw the whole thing!