May 20, 2011, 09:36 AM
I think I'm Mode 2
Thread OP
FF

Here's a video to give you an idea what Maitlands looks like...
Radian Pro - Maitlands, South Africa (2 min 55 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2011, 10:51 AM
Planecrazy
Bakkie,

Thanks, that place is beautiful, what a privilege you guys have. The more I see of your coast and countryside, the more inclined I would be to come see it. Don't know when or if that's possible but sure fun to dream about. I need to get into this century I guess and get at least one high performance sailplane, and a lot more savvy in the technological world to get some videos posted as well. That was a great little video and music was perfect.

The Mig 7 looks pretty sharp in the air and the color scheme is very well done. kudos to the builder.

I can't say that I have ever lost a plane while flying, They don't call Montana "Big Sky Country" for nothing, lots of open space. We do have a ton of trees here in South Western Montana, we just don't fly anywhere near them, and yes, you would still probably call me a girl anyway
May 20, 2011, 11:37 AM

In Thailand

Greetings to my brother Freedom Flyer and all my South Africa sloping friends from Thailand.

My wife and I are on a two week trip visiting some missionary friends in Thailand, and having a nice time. It is extremely hot and humid here, and no flying of any kind where I'm at. Thought you all might enjoy a few pictures in and near the city of Chiang Mai.

Bakkie....I enjoyed the video of the Radian Pro filmed at the Maitlands. Thanks for posting it. Hope to chat more when this trip is over.

Blessings,
Arlen
May 20, 2011, 11:49 AM
Stirring the pot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise MT View Post
Greetings to my brother Freedom Flyer
My wife and I are on a two week trip visiting some missionary friends in Thailand,
Blessings,
Arlen
Any "Pandas" around Arlen?
Just can't seem to get away from them!
May 20, 2011, 12:05 PM

Thailand Pandas

Johann,

I've attached a picture of the only kind of pandas I have seen here in Thailand. These don't look like the "traditional" kind.....nor do they look like "Kungfu Panda"

Arlen
May 20, 2011, 12:07 PM
I think I'm Mode 2
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise MT View Post
Johann,

I've attached a picture of the only kind of pandas I have seen here in Thailand. These don't look like the "traditional" kind.....nor do they look like "Kungfu Panda"

Arlen
That looks about right if you look at the trunk and sunglasses tan
May 20, 2011, 03:57 PM
.....till the wind drops.
Thanx for the photos Fuzzy and Arlen!
Whos Mig was that Fuzzy?
Arlen, I enjoy the pic of that garden...beautiful!!

FF.... Maitlands can be found here... 3359'18.73"S 2517'50.91"E
May 20, 2011, 09:23 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Flyer View Post
Question for you guys, Is it pretty common for you guys to lose your planes when they go down? If so, I think I would be a big chicken to fly where you MEN fly, and you'd all be calling me a little girl.
Hey FF,

Here in the Midwest, many of us, at least those who enjoy flying more than looking for downed planes, use lost model alarms in slope planes. For the most part, these only weigh about 5 gm, and can be found on eBay for ~$5. Well placed in the plane, they are audible for 50-75 feet, depending on how loud the wind noise is.

Just my $0.02.

-= Dave
May 20, 2011, 10:43 PM
Planecrazy
Dave,

Thanks for the info, I don't necessarily need an alarm, I was just curious about the PE slopers, after looking at all the vegetation on their slope faces and reading a few different comments about searching for and finding planes was just curious if it was a common occurrence or not. We fortunately have pretty open faced slopes where we fly so it's not a concern.

Do you guys have pretty decent places to slope there in the Midwest? I've got a friend that lives in St. Paul and there's nothing available there, poor guy is the one that introduced me to slope flying, has several slope planes, and no where to fly them sucks to be him.

In any event, I'll stick to my tree free slopes since I have the choice. I may get on the ole web and take a look-see just to see what the little gadgets look like. Tracy.
May 21, 2011, 03:31 AM
[QUOTE=Sean Oelofse;18290147]Thanx for the photos Fuzzy and Arlen!
Whos Mig was that Fuzzy?

I'm not sure, I think his name is Mike , he is the one on the left in the last picture
May 21, 2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmaniac View Post
Hey FF,

Here in the Midwest, many of us, at least those who enjoy flying more than looking for downed planes, use lost model alarms in slope planes. For the most part, these only weigh about 5 gm, and can be found on eBay for ~$5. Well placed in the plane, they are audible for 50-75 feet, depending on how loud the wind noise is.

Just my $0.02.

-= Dave
Dave,
A few years ago, when we were all learning to fly those thingies sold like hot cakes. Our slopes, with thick bush, were a bugger to find a plane in. Those locators where a must have. I never did get one (stubbon) and had planes laying in the bush for weeks!...even found someone elses Ninja which had been there for a very long time. The worms had eaten all the balsa ...just the film was left!

Thanx Fuzzy!
May 21, 2011, 08:54 AM
Some pics from 2nd Avenue this morning.
Gotlieb!....that Slick is HOT!!....far better in reality!!...!!
May 21, 2011, 07:59 PM

Sport

Greg (Bakkie),

Thanks for being a good sport about my "panda" pictures from Thailand. I sometimes wonder if my attempts to jest get taken wrong. I'm still looking for a Panda Bear here in Thailand!

Arlen
May 21, 2011, 11:31 PM
Planecrazy
Arlen,

If you get a chance and it's a possibility, Mom needs to talk to you!
May 22, 2011, 02:20 AM
I think I'm Mode 2
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Flyer View Post
Arlen,

If you get a chance and it's a possibility, Mom needs to talk to you!
whahahahahaha.....

you know you addicted to RC flying when you leave messages for your brother on an RC forum

Quick Reply