Jan 08, 2013, 10:25 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
You mean the Hobby King - Durafly 70mm DH 100 Vampire thread?
Press this hot link above and it will take you to the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Wilkes
Hi there all sorry to but in here, I cannot seem to find info on the Hobby King ne Durafly Vampire D100 Mk6.
Can anyone direct me or advise, seems a good buy for a competent RC pilot and a couple of evenings sorting/checking out the plane .
Roger Wilkes
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2013, 04:10 PM
Roger Wilkes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkpilot
Mr. Wilkes,
Have you previously flown any EDF aircraft? Do you have a flight simulator
program for your computer? Is your flying area just a grass field, or do you have a paved runway? These are a few things I need to know before advising you,
but if you haven't flown EDFs before, the Vampire is NOT a good place to start.
Hi there, I am a competent RC pilot mainly sport and in past have sport flown 20 glow pylon racerss, mini viper etc,but fly currently MPX Blizzard 500watt, Dogfighter 450watt and have scratch built 2 vampires previously Wemotech 50" and slope 45" built with std foam core carnon re-infoced tail booms and brown paper /PVA covered.
Interestingly I found there was an Ausrailian RAAF pilot who was allowed a RED painted Vampire, I used this scheme for both my scratch builds

Also flown electric fan/ fun jets at RC Hotel Corfu
For the cost this Vampire with I am sure some hours of checking and making 100% good will perform ok.
Would prefer the not fully fitted out version for $60 seems good value, the last 2 Scratch built Vampires must have taken 150 and 100 respectively to manufacture, both were sold on crash free after many flights.
Apreciate futher comments
Roger Wilkes
Last edited by Roger Wilkes; Jan 09, 2013 at 04:18 PM.
Jan 09, 2013, 04:20 PM
Roger Wilkes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle
You mean the Hobby King - Durafly 70mm DH 100 Vampire thread?
Press this hot link above and it will take you to the thread.
Many thanks, I tried searching relevent links and RC Groups SEARCH no joy.
A real BIG thanks
Roger Wilkes
Jan 09, 2013, 04:31 PM
I just went to the foam section and used the search this forum, "Durafly" and "Vampire". Took me straight too it
I know though. Its hard to guess why the searchs pick up some variations but reject others till something finally spits out.
Jan 09, 2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Wilkes
Hi there, I am a competent RC pilot mainly sport and in past have sport flown 20 glow pylon racerss, mini viper etc,but fly currently MPX Blizzard 500watt, Dogfighter 450watt and have scratch built 2 vampires previously Wemotech 50" and slope 45" built with std foam core carnon re-infoced tail booms and brown paper /PVA covered.
Interestingly I found there was an Ausrailian RAAF pilot who was allowed a RED painted Vampire, I used this scheme for both my scratch builds

Also flown electric fan/ fun jets at RC Hotel Corfu
For the cost this Vampire with I am sure some hours of checking and making 100% good will perform ok.
Would prefer the not fully fitted out version for $60 seems good value, the last 2 Scratch built Vampires must have taken 150 and 100 respectively to manufacture, both were sold on crash free after many flights.
Apreciate futher comments
Roger Wilkes
Sorry if you felt like I was treating you like a novice, especially since you actually have a greater amount of experience than I do. But why go with even a kit version
if you built one from scratch? I haven't purchased one yet because I do not feel
I have the level of confidence in flying it(too many bouncy landings on the sim version). I do have one question though. Since you've already built and flown
a Vampire, why not get a Sea Vixen?
Jan 10, 2013, 08:47 AM
Suspended Account
What is the BEST simulator with the best graphics for learning to fly jets?. I own a powerful computer with a wonderful NAVIDA processor in it. I would like to take advantage of the resources in my computer so a high graphics demand simulation is what I want. THANKS
Jan 10, 2013, 11:33 AM
You win again gravity!
I would say Aerofly5 if money no object. Take a look on YouTube, there's lots of vids
Jan 10, 2013, 02:52 PM
Roger Wilkes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkpilot
Sorry if you felt like I was treating you like a novice, especially since you actually have a greater amount of experience than I do. But why go with even a kit version
if you built one from scratch? I haven't purchased one yet because I do not feel
I have the level of confidence in flying it(too many bouncy landings on the sim version). I do have one question though. Since you've already built and flown
a Vampire, why not get a Sea Vixen?
At age 56 and living on south coast of UK, Sea Vixens flew from HMS Deadelus 10k from where I grew up and simmilar to where I now live.
Each to his own, but I seem to like jet aircraft that were generally penned by one designer,eg Meteor, Hunter,Vampire ,Venom so once the Lightning , Vixen/sea Vixen come along they seem more brutish.
Each to there own, no the scratch builds were sold off for a song (no time and difficulty finding flying sites not to mension a growing family now I am partly retired )and maybe seeing this model will be getting some "unfinished " buisness.
In UK Hobbyking did offer $54 for kit, I tend to take the things apart and get them working as best as I can, generally not as supplied.

I have some (4 packs) 4S3300Li-Po's), but I had been thinking of going 3S route, as to be honest the video's clearly show some set ups are too fast and for my flying site TOO Noisey, great to watch and great power to weight, but in many ways why 30 years ago I stopped doing IC and went electric - 6 sub C buggy cells and a 4 OHM restor to drop the voltage from a car battery- the planes almost flew..

Can a 3S motor be suggested, or even just the motor shaft size for fan.

Thanks
Roger Wilkes
Jan 15, 2013, 06:19 PM
Hi Roger - this is your old mate TB also on the south coast - so what are you looking for in EDF . I have a lander f19 panther which i have flown locally - with lander metal fan and all servos - is is a reaaly nice plane to fly but dosnt get any air time now . Have alook at the lander f19 thread to see , i will let it go at a silly price to the right person . It runs on 4 cells and is complete , i have found the lander fan to be excellent to be honest and takes off from grass no problem . Also can be retro fitted into another airframe for that next project . I also bought a HOFFMAN 4 cell unit but thats no park flyer fan - sounds like s turbine at 50K . The Panther was flown several times at a local sports field and never caused concern over noise - in fact it always drew the crowds and received admiring response , in the foam fuselage it felt like the noise was being absorbed . If your interested then let me know - i was going to take to the old warden swapmeet with other items . this may be of interest - cheers TB
Jan 15, 2013, 08:30 PM
hey guys, is it possible to use 'electric ducted fan' on a half foam/ half balsa wood plane?
Jan 15, 2013, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetz03
hey guys, is it possible to use 'electric ducted fan' on a half foam/ half balsa wood plane?
may be ask in the scratch built section to go over what ever design you're working with.
The answer is yes because the material the model is made of has little bearing on the propulsion. The question you're asking is more to do with adequate thrust to weight and wing load calculations.
Jan 24, 2013, 02:09 AM
I've been practicing(just the first half);
Fooling around in PhoenixRC (1 min 47 sec)

Not ready enough to risk my F-15 again (broke that thing once. Noobie mistake, I didn't know of this site at the time!). But I figure sim time can't hurt, no?

Oh and sorry about the music(even if it is nice). I had spotify on and forgot that Fraps records everything, not just the active program haha
Jan 26, 2013, 08:00 AM
Suspended Account
I now have 2 SU35s still in the boxes and there they will stay!. When I first saw the Freewing SU35 I just had to own a couple!. The 35 is a work of art and will look good on display in my basement. Will I ever try to fly my 35? NO WAY! the plane is too big in size and I have heard hard to master flying. But hung from the ceiling above my bar it will look great!
VID00446 (4 min 4 sec)
Feb 03, 2013, 05:24 AM
space1

deltaV480

any one run this fan E-FLITE deltaV480 4000Kv 3s-4s
SPEC 43amp on 4s on box & web site then i read paper in box says not to run more than 15sec at full throttle & use throttle management
Last edited by space 1; Feb 04, 2013 at 04:41 AM.
Feb 04, 2013, 04:42 AM
space1
Help

Quick Reply