This thread is privately moderated by yellowcolorado, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 11, 2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaffen
I've been flying slope almost exclusively for the last year

I stated my flying hobby as a sloper but had to move away from slopes for job.

Good old days, sloping a zagi and a slow stick without the motor was so much fun

Happy flying !!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrcass
my question is this what design do you think is better cutting the wing pod in half and mounting the CF or G10 to that or cutting the wing pods totally off and mounting to that. also any ideas on shape and stuff would be nice i was just thinking a symmetrical airfoil shape that would fit in a 7.5x2 inch rectangle <wing pod or i might go smaller 6 1/4 x 1.5 inch rectangle. <wing pod less
http://www.centennialofflight.gov/es...ngs/TH20G6.htm

Something like this would work on the Funjet, the issue if finding the right position for the fence for your specific Funjet.

I would cutoff the wing pods entirely and then go with a approximate position as shown in the picture and gradually move the fence in either direction to find out the best place for your funjet.

Fence needs to be removable so that you can adjust them as needed. thin plywood and tape comes to my mind...
Sep 11, 2010, 05:47 PM
You down with EPP?
So....... Towers shipment of the Funjet ultra hit today, supposedly.

I will probably back order it today and see what happens.
Sep 11, 2010, 05:52 PM
Thread OP
Hey guys, im glad people are deciding to discuss the funjet here. Despite the title of this blog, its open to anything funjet related including the ultra. Im not here to moderate or control this thread in anyways so please discuss whatever.

On a funjet power train note, ive tried two of new Turnigy H2223 motors ( 2900 kv and 3500kv) Despite the wattsup meter readings and using the same prop as my Turngy 2836 3700kv motor setup, I found both of those motors to just not perform as well as the 2836 3700. Motors are in great shape still and can be used on different setups, I will be going back to a 2836 setup.
Sep 12, 2010, 12:21 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotboostedvr6
I do believe that is the first pic mopar has posted of the whole airframe of a FJ

Looks like a tank
Yeah, and the 13 PM's asking about how fast does it go ??????

My reply to everyone............
I aint too sure, yet.
The weight is just at the 4 pound mark with NO batteries.

I suppose it could go really fast if we dropped it off of a 25 story building, sharing the same weight as a brick I might as well paint it like one !!!

I am sure it isnt as fast as Numbs creation.
Any word from the latest flight(s) Numb ???
Sep 12, 2010, 01:54 PM
zoom zoom
lol,

I got a few pms from ppl in the past asking what speed you have reached with the styker. I always just tell em to ask you haha.

Hey would you happen to have the true measured two phase resistance and 3s kv for a MEGA 16/15/3?

Also do you know of any places that rent milli ohm meters?
Sep 12, 2010, 04:13 PM
Voltage is LiFe
Hello gents. I guess this is the "official" GENERAL FunJet thread. I do not agree with the closing of the old thread. I understand that the level of bickering had become very bad and that you can find almost everything you want to know about the FunJet in that almost 1000 page long thread, but as long as Multiplex keeps stamping out parts for this awesome flying plane, it needs a general thread. Granted, this is just my opinion and what do I know? Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

My taped-together FunJet sends its regards. Funny thing is, I busted the front section of it pretty badly from failed hand launches and not from crashing it, so I made a composite, so to speak, of fibreglass strapping tape and clear packing tape, layer after layer on the bottom and sides of the front section to hold it on and my level of bad hand launches has greatly diminished! When I do crash it on a hand launch, the front section is so strong now that it barely does any damage!
Sep 12, 2010, 04:17 PM
Voltage is LiFe
Hey Mopar, the colour sheme on the bottom of your FunJet reminds me of a candy cane At any rate, are you sure that thing will actually glide still?? I flew my FunJet with a 6S A123 2,300 mAh pack (that's about 70 grams per cell) and it had trimmed-down wings and it did not glide too well at lower airspeeds, but I could say, wind, what wind! Thing punched right through it due to the available on board power and its high wing loading.
Sep 12, 2010, 04:18 PM
bucket of prop wash
i have a mega 16/15/3 and a mega 16/15/4 and 4 cell or 3 cells what is my setup for speed and vertical can you post pitch speeds and static thrust and um i dont want to hear any mention of a APC E 6x4
Sep 12, 2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by novastar
Hey Mopar, the colour sheme on the bottom of your FunJet reminds me of a candy cane At any rate, are you sure that thing will actually glide still?? I flew my FunJet with a 6S A123 2,300 mAh pack (that's about 70 grams per cell) and it had trimmed-down wings and it did not glide too well at lower airspeeds, but I could say, wind, what wind! Thing punched right through it due to the available on board power and its high wing loading.
Yo Nova,
The "old FJ thread" took its lumps for sure, I guess I had something to do with it being closed, but I just asked a few "simple" questions, so its real easy for me to sleep at night.

Candy Cane, eh ????
Yeah, now that you mention it, it does remind me of one.
Glide...................??????................. Dude, it glides forever. It doesnt want to slow down, or drop down for a landing (unless you are turning, then it activates the super magnets that attract it to the terra firma). When she gets to under 80-90 mph, then she wants to drop like the brick that she is.

There is no such thing as too much wind with this one, just like yours, she opens up and just punches through.
Sep 12, 2010, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotboostedvr6
lol,

1. I got a few pms from ppl in the past asking what speed you have reached with the styker. I always just tell em to ask you haha.

2. Hey would you happen to have the true measured two phase resistance and 3s kv for a MEGA 16/15/3?

3. Also do you know of any places that rent milli ohm meters?
1. Dude, this is a FJ thread, lets keep the "others" where they belong...............this is FJ and FJ Ultra territory !!!

Its ssoooooooo easy to just put the powertrain from one of my "others" into this FJ, I wonder how much faster it might be ????

2. I havent touched a 16/15/x at all yet, sorry

3. I will check the resistance of any motor in my hands, but my milli-ohm testers aint goin nowhere !!!!!!!!
Sep 12, 2010, 08:18 PM
So back to where the old thread left off.

This is copy and paste of last post there:

Nova,

Welcome back.

Your awesome motor is capable of great power.

Have fun.

Gryphon

Gryphon
Sep 13, 2010, 12:15 PM
Seaplane submariner
Hi there everyone!
Guess who's here too?
Sep 14, 2010, 01:29 AM
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the pieces starting to come together for my new funjet build. Got the Arc 1.5 turn, ordered the 6x4 sport props, got a bunch of 3300mah 4s lipos on order from HK, and picking up a CC 100A ESC next week. Will glue it all together and put some pictures up.
Sep 14, 2010, 02:02 AM
jeeeeeeright,

A new 28mm motor showed up today.

I will test it on high voltage at above 4000W to see what RPM it can reach on your favored APC 4.75X4.75 Carbon.

You might be getting billed for repairs to the ceiling if the blades let go.
I'll be safe under the desk with the remote and ear plugs.

Gotboosted, Mopar or others might be able to give you tips for drilling holes in your end caps while they are off the motor during the rewind.

Consider posting a link to the 36mm KDA you are getting rewound.

Gryphon

Quick Reply