Sep 09, 2010, 01:10 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

lindberg 40' sportfisher

I would like help selecting engines for this boat. I want to install three blade scale brass props instead of the plastic ones provided. also any photos of installation would be apprecitated since this will be my first time.

thanks
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2010, 06:00 PM
My suggestions would be using two of the M.A.C.K Products model marine motors #3150, running counter rotating 3 blade props from Octura #0937/3 & 0937/3R. You can run the props direct drive, and on one speed control using (2) 7.2 volt battery packs inn series, either Ni-Cad or Ni-Mh. Very fast set up, defiantly not a pool boat.
Sep 10, 2010, 02:06 AM
HELLO Cliff This is the Portland Rustbucket
I will agree with what is being said by frankg. I have use the mack systems. They are a good system to use. Speicaly since this is your first time at trying this . YOU may even want to contact Mack tell them what your doing and see what they have to say to ya. THEY have good stuff to work with.

IF It was myself I would go with the standard 550 can motors. ALong with a set of 3 bladed props About 1 inch for if is it the one I think your working with you may not have that much room for I have the cabin cruser and I can only get a set of 1 inch under her. i am useing the small black plactic props Stock that came wth it .
I am expearmenting with motors at this time so I cant really tell you what motors to use right now. I do plan on useing a set of RC 27 turn motors right now . Along with the EVX /traxas dual battery motor speed controll. ALso useing 3300 Nickel metal batterys.
older futaba 2 channel radio .
Also have it set up with a water cooling system for the motors as well for the speed control. I Plan on taking it out soon then I can tell you more .
That is the best I can say at this time on that one.
DON THE Portland Rustbucket. I will show you pictures soon as well including some pond pictures maybe after Tomarrow sometime.
Sep 10, 2010, 09:16 AM
Rustbucket, The C/C SPORTY has allot more clearance for the wheels and a much bigger one can be used. It uses longer shaft struts.Your right about limited space under the Connie. If you use the longer struts that come with the sporty or the PT boat on the Connie, the shaft angle will be way to great. Just remember when your trying to get speed out of the old boat,that the real Connie wasn't all that fast.
Sep 10, 2010, 09:47 AM
GOOD MORNING To both of ya.
That is intresting to fine out about that cabin cruser for I have not played with that one all that much.
Mosly left it stock. MYSELF I am useing the stock shafts and props at this time. I have played with the others.
THE Sporty I have not yet been even able to see one in Person. But like others have see them on the Lindburg web sight they look good.
I have heard that lindburg is suppose to releast again sometime in the future. THEN I may be able to see one and then look it over ,

I can only go by the connie That I have. OR I should say my wifes ;-)
She is into the go fast boats so myself I am trying to work with that one for her.

I am into reg scale myself I like the runing time that I can get with them.
SO I can only help a little when it comes to The Sport from what I am doing right now.

I have done many of the PTs and know the tricks behind those. That is what I am going by as well and yes they are a different class of boat.
SO I am learnng like others do . I may learn a few new tricks on this board.
Thankyou FOR the information
DON THE Rustbucket
Sep 10, 2010, 11:59 PM
Thread OP
thanks for the replies. I will look up the parts. I would like to have individual speed controls so the motors could be proportional forward thru reverse like the real ones, I guess one servo on each motor plus rudder?

also there is one on youtube (rc sportfisherman) running but no details on what's inside.

I've had this kit for years, (off e-bay),maybe I can finally get around to putting it together
Last edited by cliffw; Sep 11, 2010 at 03:16 PM.

Quick Reply