Jul 02, 2003, 02:27 PM

Wasp-maX - Preview

Wing Span: 31.2"
Wing Area: 218 sq.in.
Length: 28.25"
Motor: GWS EPS-300C
Propeller: 9" x 7"
Radio Channels: 4
Weight - (without batteries): 9 oz. (255 grams)

*** WASPmaX - VIDEO ***
(7.5meg - mpeg)

David
www.cl-i-max.com
Last edited by d_trafalgar; Jul 07, 2003 at 04:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2003, 02:32 PM
Tee Sqaured
VERY COOL!!!

Thomas
Jul 02, 2003, 02:38 PM
Crash Master
Note that these pictures are without the landing gear. It mounts the same as the little brother, and can be made removeable for 'belly flopping'

Wonder how it'll fly with 100 watts or so I'm sure someone will put an RZ-2500 on it... Not to mention any names, but.... the initials rhyme with WLB... I'll be happy with the RZ-MH, I'm pretty sure. May even start with an EPS-100C for giggles...
Jul 02, 2003, 02:59 PM
I plan on putting a Razor in it as well......as soon as I can find someone who has one....

I like to design for motors that most people have and they can afford.....and that includes me....

David
Jul 04, 2003, 09:40 PM
Assembly photo 1
Jul 04, 2003, 09:42 PM
Assembly photo 2
Jul 04, 2003, 09:43 PM
Assembly photo 3
Jul 04, 2003, 09:43 PM
Assembly photo 4
Jul 04, 2003, 10:10 PM
Hi D,

When will it be ready for sale? Do you think an Astro .010 with the planetary gearbox and a 9X7 would be a good power combo? I was looking at the regular Wasp for this motor, but the larger Wasp seems like maybe a better fit.

Thanks, Mickydee
Jul 04, 2003, 10:42 PM
Hi Mickydee,

The Wasp-maX was designed to use the GWS 300C sized gearboxes. This allows upgrading from the stock 300 motor, which I use in the video BTW, to brushless motors like the Razor and Astro 010. The 010 requires a minor modification I believe. Yes, I think your combo would work well, but I'm not sure how you would mount the planetary gearbox you mentioned, I don't know anything about them.

I'm working on documentation for the Wasp-maX and except to finish early next week. So I hope to be selling before the end on the week.

David
Jul 04, 2003, 10:43 PM
Photo 5
Jul 05, 2003, 12:33 AM
Oops, reversed elevator!
Nice video.
What battery pack was used in the video?
I'm worry about breaking propeller doing belly landing without landing gear. Has that been a problem for many people? Will landing gear be supplied in the kit?
Jul 05, 2003, 12:45 AM
Thanks Caveman.

The battery pack's I am using are some very tired 8 cell Sanyo N-250AAA's.

I have 35 flight's/landings already with my Wasp-maX and am still using the same prop..... I'm using a prop saver made with an old servo horn and some small elastic bands. Check the photo above. Yes, landing gear will be supplied it's installed the same way as on the smaller Wasp. I just didn't bother with it this time since I'm hand launching over grass.

David
Jul 05, 2003, 12:15 PM
I cut a few kits for testing and found I didn't need them all. I have one left I can sell cheap to anyone who might be interested. It has a few small problems, i.e.. laser cut omissions etc., that are easily fixed and no doc at this time.

If interested post please post here.

Thanks,
D
Jul 05, 2003, 01:38 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Nice work David!! Looks like a very well thought out kit like your others. The "sandwiching" of the fuselage is very cool! A nice flyer too based on the video. Should be outstanding on a geared 010 or Razor!