Aug 21, 2013, 04:55 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister
Must be something wrong with my 2026-3600 & ICE200lite, as its worked flawlessly for 8 months now at 6.3kW peaks

5S is boring, its nice, but boring, 6S makes it come alive. Ive lost count of the cycles on my 6S pack, the 5S pack has about 6 on it
Too bad. You are so unlucky. Poor you
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2013, 05:00 AM
200mph +
I think what George is saying is that the peak amps a controller shows without a ramp doesn't really mean much as it's so short.

I know my Jeti setup went from nudging 6kw down to well under 5kw peak by changing the controller from no ramp to a ramped one.
Last edited by sykotic; Aug 21, 2013 at 05:41 AM.
Aug 21, 2013, 05:36 AM
Err guys, he was using throttle response 5, which is a fairly slow start and takes away most of the peak..
Yes it will be lower when ramping, but still it's a lot of power. Don't forget Arc is using a big pack, which get's him a very healthy voltage under load.

Will the HK200 survive this combo? Maybe.. and that's what I told Arc, it may/should be ok but I think it's borderline.

Gerben
Aug 21, 2013, 02:25 PM
I looked at the file. As Gerben says it is marginal as the watts and current is a bit high.
But I understand the motor is a 1512/1.5D 6.7:1 driving a 17.1 x 17.5. Joe, this is not a high power system. I am surprised the watts are so high.
Arcteryxxx, are you doing the usual F5B climb of accelerate climb and accelerate?
Or just going straight up which might explain the high watts.
The controller ramp is only 0.5 seconds so a 1 second ramp will reduce the maximum to a more reasonable value.
These controllers are tough. The current and watts will not kill them, only the heating.
I suggest try the ICE200. If it fails then fit an HK200 and monitor it after say 5 climbs and see what is happening.
Aug 21, 2013, 03:20 PM

F5B - SpeedFire

Thanks George. The 1512 is not a stock motor. Bought it second hand from Mr. Mirov, and at least the rotor is modified and rewrapped.

My flying style is kind of irregular compared to the normal F5B distance task, and I mix between long (3sec) and short (1-2sec) climbs.
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Aug 21, 2013 at 04:52 PM.
Aug 22, 2013, 08:24 AM
50 legs minimum, 53 PB.
The HK200 will do the amps and more for a short period but it gets hot fast if used climb after climb and you will cook it before the battery or motor. The heat adds up and it needs a long time to cool down. The 1512/1.5 on 6S is right on the limit of what it will do for F5B competition flying with a 17.5 or 18 inch diameter prop. This is about 50% capacity out of a 500 gram pack. If you where to restrict the capacity to less, that would be good. But who wants to fly only 33% out of their battery pack? This is the problem. A bigger battery does you no favours here.

If you have the chance to try an ICE200 with a P125/180 logic board, that would likely kick ass as the cooling path and fet resistance is much better.
Aug 22, 2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmouris

If you have the chance to try an ICE200 with a P125/180 logic board, that would likely kick ass as the cooling path and fet resistance is much better.
I have the ICE200 which I modified some posts ago. I also think the logic board from the P180 survived. Is it a plug&play solution you are describing and what will be the gain over using the ICE200 logic board?
Sep 03, 2013, 02:20 AM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Some pics from a recent fly in, Speedfire+Backfire+Radiant in the air at once, playing chase and generally looking and sounding awesome.

Some interesting observations between the Speedfire and Radiant, Both running the 2026/3600 Phasor on 6S. Speedfire with GM V1 18x21, Radiant with GM 17.5x17.5.

18x21 Barks more with low airspeed, has slightly higher top end. 17.5x17.5 Accelerates from woah noticeably harder. Speedfire seems to keep slightly more energy going in a glide.

HK200 with firmware upgrade died twice.. Ice 200 lite out of the box continues to perform flawlessly

All 3 models rock and roll
Sep 03, 2013, 02:27 AM
200mph +
VERY cool photos. Big thanks to whoever took them.

Awesome flying pics!

(my hk200 is sitting in the corner in disgust )
Sep 03, 2013, 02:52 AM
50 legs minimum, 53 PB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister
HK200 with firmware upgrade died twice.. Ice 200 lite out of the box continues to perform flawlessly

All 3 models rock and roll
Can you give more details. What do you mean it died twice? Did you burn two controllers? Any pics of the damage to the ESC? Setup? Battery capacity used?

A 3600kv motor on 6S with those props you mention is a lot to handle for any ESC but a properly reflashed HK200 should handle it until the point where it gets to hot from running the motor to many times. This ESC has a poor cooling path and high resistance.
Sep 03, 2013, 02:55 AM
200mph +
Yeah I killed it from too much "fun button".

First day I desoldered one of the motor phase wires from the circuit board (factory soldering job). I fixed that, and then the next day I killed it again. This time I had no brake so I'm assuming it's more than the single phase again, but to be honest I haven't pulled it out to inspect it. There is a very strong smell of burnt electronics and the ESC caps were too hot to put my finger on...

Fully aware I killed it with my own actions, but I was having plenty of fun doing it

EDIT: Battery was a nanotech 65-130 2700. Your firmware with the "good" fet board. Capacity used - Quite a bit I would say! I didn't have the unilog in place and I haven't recharged the battery yet.
Sep 03, 2013, 03:02 AM
200mph +
How to launch a speedfire with about 100mph speed

The six dollar man (0 min 8 sec)
Sep 03, 2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotic
How to launch a speedfire with about 100mph speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4fRpe_abhQ
Great coordination!
I would have stumbled, for sure!!

Jacko: great pics
Sep 05, 2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmouris
Can you give more details. What do you mean it died twice? Did you burn two controllers? Any pics of the damage to the ESC? Setup? Battery capacity used?

A 3600kv motor on 6S with those props you mention is a lot to handle for any ESC but a properly reflashed HK200 should handle it until the point where it gets to hot from running the motor to many times. This ESC has a poor cooling path and high resistance.
Jackosmeister,
Which firmware on Ice 200 lite?
Sep 05, 2013, 04:15 PM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
4.02, Ill probably update it too 4.14 when It gets plugged in next though.

Setup is -

Brake - No Delay
Strength - 100%
Ramp - Very Fast
Start pwr - 59
Current Limiting - Disabled
Power on beep - Enabled
LVC is in Nimh mode, 4V total (ie off)
Timing - 0
PWM - 12Khz
Throttle is fixed end points in airplane mode, with throtle response 7

I have a 0.6 second linear ramp programmed on throttle switch,