This thread is privately moderated by Craig Toutolmin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 08, 2010, 10:42 AM
Trader Rating: 3
Thread OP
For Sale

Ultimate twist wing, 60" DS, Mapleleaf, Txs, misc. stuff

Just under 90" span, flapped wingeron. Precision bearings (4) with precision ground wing rods. Custom milled bearing housing. Comes with fuse mold, servos, rx, battery build list of materials & suppliers. $400

I also have a 60" DS plane that is virtually impossible to break in the air. It too has flaps and is ready to fly. $200/bo

I have an old school Mapleleaf all kevlar rudder / elevator hand launch. $200/bo

I also have a couple futaba 8uaf transmitters (one used, one practically new). Has programs for above planes.
bo

This stuff deserves to be used and not sitting around collecting dust. If you are local, I can make you a kiler deal on the lot, plus a bunch of other stuff I have socked away for building planes - laminates, cloth, incidence meters, wing press, feather cut ......

I'm located in the SF Bay area but can meet for delivery in SoCal between 9/25 to 9/29
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2010, 10:45 AM
Trader Rating: 4
Frist flight ok, landing bad!!
wheres home?
Sep 08, 2010, 11:05 AM
Thread OP
Concord
Sep 08, 2010, 11:43 AM
Trader Rating: 14
I want it to go fast...
That twisty looks like a monster!!!! So awesome

How much does it weigh?
Sep 08, 2010, 12:26 PM
Thread OP
The twisty weighs 108 oz which is a loading of 30 oz/ft^2. It carries the weight at sea level with no problem because the wing is very efficient with an aspect ratio right at 15 and the flaps make landing a breeze.

I used to make yearly trips to Chandler Butte / Eagle Butte with a bunch of buddies and made the plane for that trip. I have flown it locally at Shell Ridge but it would really like Rattlesnake or Westridge in 20 mph+. Down south, Parker or any coastal bluff would be a good fit.
Sep 08, 2010, 02:06 PM
Trader Rating: 8
What is the 60" DS plane your are selling?
Pictures?
Details?

Thanks,
Wayne
Sep 08, 2010, 02:35 PM
Trader Rating: 31
I am interested in the mapleleafdesign Handlaunch.
Could you send me some pictures.
znerollorenz @ yahoo.com
I am in Oakland right next door. I have seen you fly DS
you are very good. Don't stop flying.
Sep 08, 2010, 02:50 PM
Thread OP
The 60" plane has a kevlar lost foam fuse, bagged carbon wings (on 45 bias) and a full length spar capped with pre-preg tapered laminates. There is one spot under the wing that has been repaired, The wing servos are Volz and Mltiplex. This one has a lot of air miles on it.

Slopeman I'll send the high res Mapleleaf pics soon. Thanks for the kind words. I have a couple memorable accomplishments and met some very good friends in the hobby but my interests are elsewhere (still have the friends).

The model of the hand launch is the "Mirage".
Last edited by Craig Toutolmin; Sep 08, 2010 at 03:05 PM.
Oct 05, 2010, 10:39 PM
pnc
Trader Rating: 58
pnc
Do you still have the 60 incher???
Oct 06, 2010, 09:42 AM
Trader Rating: 27
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
I'll Take the DS plane if it's still availible.

Nick
Oct 06, 2010, 09:51 AM
Thread OP
I don't want to ship the plane(s) or equipment.
Oct 06, 2010, 10:39 AM
Trader Rating: 27
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Toutolmin
I don't want to ship the plane(s) or equipment.
Crap,,I'm in California now but leaving this afternoon.

Nick

Quick Reply