Sep 07, 2010, 09:48 PM
Thread OP
Rave

Official GAUI 330X-S Build Thread/ Tips & Tricks

Hello Fellow RCG'ers!

Allow me to introduce myself,
I am a member of the Empire Hobby Staff, and I've been assigned to better help and support customers on some of our hot new products, like the Gaui 330X-S Quadcopter!

Empire Hobby prides itself on outstanding, and revolutionary customer service in the Hobby industry... we're modelers too!

So as the official exclusive importer for the Gaui line here in the USA, we thought it would be nice to step up and support the product in these forums, which are buzzing with excitement and curiousity.

We'll start our first endeavour here, with the massively popular Gaui 330X-S Quadcopter. For those of you interested in getting one, or for those of you who may have questions in the construction of this model, we hope the following video will help answer some of them.

Anything else, just post the Q?
We'll be sure to answer quickly and accurately.

Enjoy your Quads,

Team Empire

Gaui 330X Quadcopter: Part One (8 min 16 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2010, 10:22 PM
Suspended Account
I hate to tell you this but there are several US suppliers of this quad. You're not exclusive.
Sep 07, 2010, 10:26 PM
Insta: Check5_Av8r
Actually...

Empire Hobby is indeed the exclusive Gaui importer for the US market.
They are a Wholesale Distributor; all the Dealers here have to get them from somewhere, right? That place is Empire Hobby.

Just like, nobody actually buys from Great Planes... but you can buy their product at your Local Hobby Shop!
Sep 07, 2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller
Actually...

Empire Hobby is indeed the exclusive Gaui importer for the US market.
They are a Wholesale Distributor; all the Dealers here have to get them from somewhere, right? That place is Empire Hobby.
You are correct. When I had a problem with my GU 344 the dealer referred me to Empire and they handled the warranty replacement. Great service from a bunch of modelers just as the video says.
Sep 07, 2010, 11:13 PM
Suspended Account
I stand corrected........my bad........
Sep 07, 2010, 11:47 PM
Thread OP
Hey, no harm no foul!

Just like what Ed said, I'm here to help out all you guys from a pretty neutral standpoint. I'm not here to "sell" you stuff (Empire Hobby sells to selected Dealers only), so there's no pressure or bogus to wade through!

The guys here at Empire are all knowledgeable, friendly people. We think that your local Dealer should always be your primary contact for help and/or advice, but we hope to fill the gap when your local shop might not be readily available, or if they straight up just don't have an answer!
Dealers should feel free to chime in on our threads too, your customers would greatly appreciate your input!

Regards,
Team Empire
Sep 09, 2010, 08:57 AM

G.p.s

Hey whats the word on gps and P.hold any info thanks tom
Sep 09, 2010, 10:04 AM

Tech Support...Awesome :-}

Hi there;

Awesome...Glad there is some tech support :-}

I am having problems in setting up the esc's. I do not get the proper tones after I move the throttle from full power down to off. Every time seems to have a bunch of different tones when I finish, so I cant give specifics on what I hear at the end. Soemtimes all the speed controllers beep at different times and move slightly.

If I unplug and plug back in, the speed controllers work as required...but at the first click of throttle there is too much thrust and the unit lifts off the ground and right away flips over.

No specific seettings except reverst throttle on my Futaba 9CHP transmitter. Everythng else is default. I am following the instructions exactly.

Any suggestions ?

thanks

Dwayne
Sep 09, 2010, 10:18 AM
The tattoo guy
Dwayne,

I was having the exact same problem as you.
I was/am using the 9c too.

I just went and created a new aircraft in my 9c.
I don't believe I even had to reverse any channels.
I will double check that.
And seemed everything got fixed.

Flies perfect now.

Was have a some real trouble at the beginning.
Sep 09, 2010, 11:12 AM
qlf
qlf
Try to program yours esc with endpoints on THR set to maximum -150% (more then is stated in manual). And then program esc to default. Put back to 75% before flight.
Sep 09, 2010, 03:24 PM
Hey all, I own a stock 330x with the original motors and esc's. I have got it flying pretty well. Really looking forward to the GPS/Altitude hold modules, and considering a

The reason I got the quad was for DIY short film making purposes. My digital camera weighs in at 342 grams. The quad is able to get into the air with it, but is really unstable compared to without the payload. Should I be turning the gain up or down to combat the instability, or am I just adding too much payload? (I'm having to max out the throttle to get her off of the ground with the cam mounted)

One of the thoughts I had was to upgrade the quad to larger motors/esc's with something like the 450x upgrade: http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/a...rticles_id=205

However $39 each for those gaui 18A esc's is a little more $ than I have to spend at the moment, so I was wondering if anyone else has tried other 18A esc's that cost less with the 330x? 950~1000KV motor with APC10x4.7SF and 10x4.7SFP and 18A esc claims larger than 1kg payload.

Thanks to everyone on this forum... I wouldn't be flying my quad as well as I am right now without all of the knowledge from you guys!
Sep 09, 2010, 06:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6696950
Hey whats the word on gps and P.hold any info thanks tom
Hi Tom,
A very good question!
Word from Gaui is that it is on their "hotlist", meaning products to be released soon. Although some have made claims, there are no official release dates for the GPS unit here in the states... just, "soon"

I'm right on the boat with the rest of you guys; anxiously awaiting for the day when they hit our dock!

We'll definitely post an update here as soon as we get word!

Team Empire
Sep 09, 2010, 06:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasetattoo
Dwayne,

I was having the exact same problem as you.
I was/am using the 9c too.

I just went and created a new aircraft in my 9c.
I don't believe I even had to reverse any channels.
I will double check that.
And seemed everything got fixed.

Flies perfect now.

Was have a some real trouble at the beginning.

Dwayne,
I've only had to deal with one person running a Quad on Futaba @ IRCHA this past month... and believe it or not, I got the same result!

Fiddled with the Quad and settings for about 20 minutes, then decided to make a new model and start from scratch. Like you, I followed the instructions to the "T" and it fired right up!

I would give that a try.
If it doesn't work, chime back in here and we'll work it out from there.

Team Empire
Sep 09, 2010, 06:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderfilm
Hey all, I own a stock 330x with the original motors and esc's. I have got it flying pretty well. Really looking forward to the GPS/Altitude hold modules, and considering a

The reason I got the quad was for DIY short film making purposes. My digital camera weighs in at 342 grams. The quad is able to get into the air with it, but is really unstable compared to without the payload. Should I be turning the gain up or down to combat the instability, or am I just adding too much payload? (I'm having to max out the throttle to get her off of the ground with the cam mounted)

Thanks to everyone on this forum... I wouldn't be flying my quad as well as I am right now without all of the knowledge from you guys!
Hi Wonderfilm,
That's a pretty stout camera, but should be right at the Quad's useful limitation. I assume you are running a 3s pack?
How do you have your equipment mounted? We've found that the Quad will become pretty tricky to control when cameras and equipment are mounted high above the CG. My preferred method is to use the Gaui Payload Mount Set (Part# G-210815) to mount a light-ish battery up top, then hang my camera down beneath it. If your camera is lighter than the battery however, mount the battery below

Team Empire
Sep 10, 2010, 11:21 PM

Wobbling Gaui 330x-s

Hi All;
OK...finally got my ESC's to tune, and my Gaui 330x-s to kind of hover. the problem I am having is that the unit is doing quite the Wobble during flight. The weather is calm with no wind, and I cant understand why the unit is wobbling. I have tried different prop's, both settings on the gyro, different weight configurations etc. No matter what I do, the unit keeps wobbling!!! Has anyone experienced this becuase this is quite frustrating!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Dwayne

Quick Reply