Simple Helipad Graphic - RC Groups
Sep 07, 2010, 04:28 PM
Download

Simple Helipad Graphic

Hi Folks, I made a quick Helipad Graphic for small heli's like my Syma S107.
It's a low res .jpg photo file roughly 660 pixels square and it prints easily on a regular 8.5"x11" sheet of paper. Loose paper is too light to prevent blowing away, so it needs to be affixed to something with more substance. Enjoy!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2010, 04:34 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Hahahahaha. I Love it! Thanks. Awesome. Lee
Sep 07, 2010, 04:57 PM
Master Of My Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundguy63
Hi Folks, I made a quick Helipad Graphic for small heli's like my Syma S107.
It's a low res .jpg photo file roughly 660 pixels square and it prints easily on a regular 8.5"x11" sheet of paper. Loose paper is too light to prevent blowing away, so it needs to be affixed to something with more substance. Enjoy!
If you would like a colour one, try this. I print it out onto card, then laminate it, then use spray mount to stick thin neoprene or foam to the back. Use it as a helipad or mousemat
Sep 07, 2010, 05:05 PM
North East England
I just throw a DVD box onto the floor and try and land the thing on that - the box is heavy enough to stay put under the blast from the blades. You could print out the graphic and slide it into the plastic sleeve like a cover.

...the things we do for fun, eh!
Sep 07, 2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks Lee!

Yes Scot, I had seen your color graphic in a previous thread. It looks very nice on my color printer. I made mine for quick B&W printing to save on ink or toner, or if you're setting up a large network of airfields! Yours makes for a nice Central Hub.

That's a good idea too Redbaron, with the additional challenge of not letting a skid slip off and tip the rotors into the carpet.

Still awaiting my second S107 to be delivered soon...
Sep 07, 2010, 05:21 PM
Mines a little bit heavier. I used some left over non slip paving paint, and little blue left over from my kids room paint job to give this small old pallet a helipad make over. People start laughing when they see it tucked under my arm at flight meets. Not long after I put it on the groung though any heli guy around cant resist the urge to test his landing skills

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sep 08, 2010, 02:33 AM
Master Of My Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron25
I just throw a DVD box onto the floor and try and land the thing on that - the box is heavy enough to stay put under the blast from the blades. You could print out the graphic and slide it into the plastic sleeve like a cover.

...the things we do for fun, eh!
That is a great idea Redbaron, that is one of my tasks for today

Edited to add pictures
Last edited by scotsoft; Sep 08, 2010 at 06:25 AM.
Sep 08, 2010, 11:13 AM
check out my "electronic" helipad here

helipad shown at time 1:47 on the video

4 Channel Sub Micro PicooZ : Video Documentation and Camera Fly-through(2) (4 min 50 sec)
Sep 08, 2010, 01:48 PM
Ahaha, just be sure to not crash-land on your wonderful helipad. Boom boom there goes the blades on the screen.

I can't believe you did a 4ch with a PicooZ.

If it's not too personal, what are you doing in life?
Sep 08, 2010, 02:03 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
I think EQmod is a brillant engineer. Am I wrong? Lee
Sep 08, 2010, 04:43 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Brilliant people make normal things that we all need.
Making stuff we don't need yet, kinda eclipses that!

The fact that I looked at the Heli-Baby so LONG and remained baffled, and EQMOD's copter immediately told me how it worked, is something. I'm quite sure similar things are happening, but the lightweight, straightforward setup seems more survivable, so to speak.

Got a copter you can't adjust the trim on? Read this.
Last edited by killbucket; Nov 05, 2010 at 06:49 PM.
Sep 08, 2010, 09:43 PM
i just 'simply' cant stop my mind from "thinking" beyond
For those asking, my work is into computers and my hobby is into rc stuff.

as for the picoo-Z, its an old project;

Smallest loop flown through by a PicooZ - Quad pass (1 min 15 sec)

Silverlit may have copied my sliding pin cyclic design into their recently released Silverlit Century-Z 4 channel rc helicopter as someone posted the structure of the cyclics which is identical to the one i have
Sep 08, 2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft
That is a great idea Redbaron, that is one of my tasks for today

Edited to add pictures
He he! Very nice!
Sep 09, 2010, 02:15 AM
Master Of My Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepiche
He he! Very nice!
Thank you for you comment Pepiche, it may look nice but it's like landing on ice . If your landing is not perfect your heli just slides off - especially when the camera is filming. I spent a few hours yesterday trying to get a decent video to post . As always, when the camera is on I cannot even do a decent hover . I shall try again today
Sep 09, 2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft
Thank you for you comment Pepiche, it may look nice but it's like landing on ice . If your landing is not perfect your heli just slides off - especially when the camera is filming. I spent a few hours yesterday trying to get a decent video to post . As always, when the camera is on I cannot even do a decent hover . I shall try again today
Hi Scotsoft!

Yeah, it is true that it is very slippery, I experienced a few days ago trying to landing on top of a CD case . We hope your video

Happy flights!