Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the next Federal election
Liberal/National party coalition 135 57.94%
Labor party 35 15.02%
The Greens 18 7.73%
Independent 17 7.30%
Tonystott 28 12.02%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Aug 10, 2011, 06:43 AM
Foam is where the heart is
brett.c's Avatar
"Under every stone lurks a politician"
Aristothanes, 400BC

Nothing changes.

"The sets and the costumes may change but human nature remains eternal"
Me, Just then.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2011, 09:58 AM
VH-SJT
Andrew86's Avatar
What the hell happened here? I thought things were just starting to get civilised again?

I guess the middle of an angry mob was never going to be a good place to launch a two-sided debate, but it was interesting while it lasted.

Just to clarify once again, I don't support labor, I'll probably always be a liberal voter - but honestly, I can't stand politics in Australia. It's hideous on all sides and is ultimately little more than a popularity contest come election time.
Aug 10, 2011, 11:18 AM
What's 3D?
trumps's Avatar
It's not called Pick a Prick for nothing!
Aug 10, 2011, 04:12 PM
Registered User
MR-STI's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew86 View Post

Just to clarify once again, I don't support labor, I'll probably always be a liberal voter - but honestly, I can't stand politics in Australia. It's hideous on all sides and is ultimately little more than a popularity contest come election time.
Yep but we still have to choose between idiots and super fricking useless waste of space moronic tools. I choose the Idiots any day and not because I love them but because we have a better chance with them, im not one for voting on policies, their all piss n wind, but they draw Tony in .
Aug 10, 2011, 05:31 PM
crash test dummy
At the end of the day the only reason we are having this debate and tax is because the red headed backstabbing clown had to sell out to the greens to keep power. end of story.
Aug 10, 2011, 06:14 PM
Not a Doctor
me_wantee's Avatar
The best may be yet to come. Clowns are often at their funniest when they are flapping around at the end of their routine.
Aug 10, 2011, 06:37 PM
crash test dummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_wantee View Post
The best may be yet to come. Clowns are often at their funniest when they are flapping around at the end of their routine.
God help us
Aug 10, 2011, 09:36 PM
Its all fun
Tonystott's Avatar
Well 1508 posts in here so far, and the same government is still in charge despite all the soapbox masturbation. Piss n wind isn't just in Canberra eh? Two years to go
Aug 10, 2011, 10:06 PM
Not a Doctor
me_wantee's Avatar
obvious troll is obvious.
Aug 10, 2011, 10:32 PM
Its all fun
Tonystott's Avatar
Perspective
World Collapse Explained in 3 Minutes (2 min 45 sec)
Aug 10, 2011, 10:44 PM
by ZIPPER
ZIPPER's Avatar
Sorry did I miss something?


Aug 10, 2011, 10:48 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Mr Kamikaze's Avatar
It was better when you were on holidays.

The perspective is Australia is getting a tax it didn't get to vote for. Which we know happens. But not in a case where 2 weeks before the election we were told by Prime Minister and Treasurer it wouldn't be happening. The treasurer even used the word "hysterical". Well now the people are hysterical and I think rightly so. The polls show it. Good luck on the two years, I hope you hang around in here for that long as I'm sure in that time they will stuff a hell of a lot more up and you can play pretend defence lawyer some more. Then we can all rub your nose in it when they lose the next election massively.

PS. if you think they are so great, bookmark this post then if Labor win the next election you can rub my nose in it. Good luck.
Aug 10, 2011, 11:15 PM
Foam is where the heart is
brett.c's Avatar
Just like we waited in NSW, and wasn't that oh so darn good
I wonder if Julia will also get a new hair style afterwards.
Aug 11, 2011, 12:00 AM
Its all fun
Tonystott's Avatar
My point is that all the hot air and indignation shown by you lot here has achieved absolutely nothing, although I notice a trend to make mention of the Prime Minister's hi colour or style nd the width of her arse, so clearly we are in a very sophisticated level of debate.

I find the depth of feeling quite remarkable, given that Australia is doing very nicely compared to other similar nations. I also find the concept that a government formed by a coalition is only a bad thing when the coalition is not between the Liberals and Nationals rather strange. It surprises me when the roof insulation scheme is lAbelled a disaster when the official report from fire brigades and Safe Work Australia show a dramatic reduction in incidents per 100,000 installations. Similarly the BER is labelled a disaster when the highest complaint rate was 3.85% in NSW, and the responsibility fo BER implementation belonged to State governments.

Perhaps there are a few people who follow this thread are prepared to be less fanatical in their thoughts
Aug 11, 2011, 12:52 AM
Not a Doctor
me_wantee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonystott View Post
My point is that all the hot air and indignation shown by you lot here has achieved absolutely nothing, although I notice a trend to make mention of the Prime Minister's hi colour or style nd the width of her arse, so clearly we are in a very sophisticated level of debate.

I find the depth of feeling quite remarkable, given that Australia is doing very nicely compared to other similar nations. I also find the concept that a government formed by a coalition is only a bad thing when the coalition is not between the Liberals and Nationals rather strange. It surprises me when the roof insulation scheme is lAbelled a disaster when the official report from fire brigades and Safe Work Australia show a dramatic reduction in incidents per 100,000 installations. Similarly the BER is labelled a disaster when the highest complaint rate was 3.85% in NSW, and the responsibility fo BER implementation belonged to State governments.

Perhaps there are a few people who follow this thread are prepared to be less fanatical in their thoughts
Really?? Hmmmmmmm.......................


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Labour Day sloping (Vic) flyonline Slope 1 Mar 03, 2009 11:50 PM
Discussion Should workers have the unfettered right to withdraw their labour gtstubbs Life, The Universe, and Politics 6 Jul 08, 2006 05:43 AM
The global market for labour gtstubbs Life, The Universe, and Politics 27 Apr 08, 2005 04:36 PM