Sep 07, 2010, 08:18 PM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
I agree, except for traveling with the C-17 bubbas on the airshow circuit and refueling them every other day I do not have much other interaction with the squadron. I could not wait for the plastic model to come out and now I have 3 of them. I imagine that the gear can be made to just pull straight up into the body. I noticed that the ready2fly site says that this jet is pre order only and will not be released until October. Now I am on pins and needles to see if and when you get yours. If it truly is 2 weeks than I will order mine.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2010, 08:19 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Thats awesome for you. I'm so very excited too. I know exactly how you feel. I've loved the T-28 my whole life. I first purchased a small stick build T-28 (can't remember who made it) that was rubber band powered, then I purchased a T-28 static model from Revell, then I went to the Parkzone T-28 and actually learned to fly 4ch all on my own with that plane and now have my dream T-28. An 80" all fiberglass fuse with a 55cc dle gas engine. Almost finished with it and am so nervous to fly it. I hope you don't get any nervous twitches when flying it for your first time like I get on all my models. LOL.
Sep 07, 2010, 08:23 PM
I learned to..

A. Take a deep breath and triple check everything, then go for it
B. Just admire and never fly it
C. Find the club pro and blame him/her when it goes in the dirt
Sep 07, 2010, 08:26 PM
Hawk Fanatic
I'd love to take option C. But way too much money in it for the club pro to just put it in the dirt. I'll definitely do option A.
Sep 07, 2010, 08:30 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Thread OP
I am more excited then anything. I am not worried about flying it, It is the sudden stop as it goes down.LOL, I also had the T-28 Loved that plane flew great untill my brother and I decided to do air combat, his survived mine didn't. Oh well it had over 400 flights on it. And Like I said before Chuck has not let me down yet. I am also passing along to to him a few more acft these manufactures need to make. I know one will be the KC-135, and I think we either need a C-141 or C-5. what do you guys think. I have worked both of those planes and I miss The C-141 it was fun to work on.
Sep 07, 2010, 08:42 PM
I think you need to PCS to Altus so I can fly with someone that speaks the language!! Trbdsl96 built a -135 and I will be getting a kit from him once they are ready to be released. It would be nice if a big company would make a 707 type airframe as there is so many ways you could go with it (airliner, tanker, E-3, J-Stars, etc...)
Sep 07, 2010, 08:52 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Thread OP
Well said. You need to come to Charleston, Wife would kill me if I PCS'ed. Hey no Tornados!!!LOL. Just Hurricanes with warning.
Sep 07, 2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
I am more excited then anything. I am not worried about flying it, It is the sudden stop as it goes down.LOL, I also had the T-28 Loved that plane flew great untill my brother and I decided to do air combat, his survived mine didn't. Oh well it had over 400 flights on it. And Like I said before Chuck has not let me down yet. I am also passing along to to him a few more acft these manufactures need to make. I know one will be the KC-135, and I think we either need a C-141 or C-5. what do you guys think. I have worked both of those planes and I miss The C-141 it was fun to work on.
I worked the C-141's when I was at McGuire from 1994-2000. It was my first base and I'll always have a soft spot for the 141
Sep 07, 2010, 09:27 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Any of you guys ever work at Luke AFB in Arizona?
Sep 07, 2010, 09:28 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Thread OP
I Do miss the C-141. I have many scars or bites as we call them from working in the gear well. it was a good flying plane too.
Sep 07, 2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkylineFlyer View Post
Any of you guys ever work at Luke AFB in Arizona?
I had an assignment there when I was leaving Offutt, it got canceled by my career field manager for reason's only he knows Now I'm at Dyess instead
Sep 07, 2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
I Do miss the C-141. I have many scars or bites as we call them from working in the gear well. it was a good flying plane too.
I'm an Avionics guy and worked the phase dock on the C-141. I got to crawl all over that plane from the nose wheel well all the way to the inside top of the T-tail. Working in the T-tail was my favorite, not a place to be if your not fond of tight places
Sep 07, 2010, 09:34 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Thread OP
True, very true.
Sep 07, 2010, 09:43 PM
Ill be watching!!!!
Sep 07, 2010, 09:45 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
I had an assignment there when I was leaving Offutt, it got canceled by my career field manager for reason's only he knows Now I'm at Dyess instead
I lived about a mile from there and when I lived there they had one of the coolest airshows I've ever seen. I was driving one day and out of the corner of my eye a MIG-17 went flying over my head. It couldn't have been more than 200 ft off the ground. I freaked out thinking that this thing was moving at a high rate of speed and really low. I thought it was trying to get below radar. (Like I know what I'm talking about, LOL) I immediately went home and turned on the news only to find out that weekend we were going to have a air show. Needless to say, my little freak out session was over and immediately went to having a beer.

Quick Reply