Sep 06, 2010, 12:56 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

4 CH BlitzRCWorks 2.4GHz Giant Air Zermatt EC-135

Just Purchased this helicopter, Any information you have about videos, photos with something in the photo to show scale, or review.

Also I'm wanted to modify it with some micro electric gizmos, where can i find things like that? Thanks for any info.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2010, 04:31 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
that thing is huge; have you flown it yet? How does it handle? I have the slightly smaller version that uses a 2S 1000mah instead of the 3S that yours uses; my rotor diameter is also slightly smaller at 18" and also uses two a bit smaller motors (370).

http://www.bananahobby.com/1831.html

Otherwise, it's a solid and smooth heli; no complaints.

Doubletap
Sep 06, 2010, 05:14 PM
BTW did you get the super big one with the main rotor span of 22" and uses a 3S 1600 mah lipo or did you get the same one I have which has a rotor diameter of 18" and uses a 2S 1000 mah lipo?

Doubletap
Sep 06, 2010, 08:34 PM
HobbyKing has it for $79.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...large_450_size)
Sep 06, 2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun
you have to add $30-$40 shipping depends on what service you want; then pray you don't get a defective unit as return shipping to get exchange would cost an arm and leg....... sometimes, it's wise to pay a few dollars more up front to avoid hassles later on down the road if you have a problem.
Sep 06, 2010, 08:51 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Just dont forget shipping costs GD! It may only cost 79$ for the heli, but it is 31$ Air(43$ EMS) for shipping to the US.
So you get pretty close to the BH price - and despite all the bad things you can read about BH, should there be anything wrong with the bird and you have to ship it to China, the 20$ you save evaporate rather quickly ...

... and as always: Just my 2Cents ...
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Sep 06, 2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
Just dont forget shipping costs GD! It may only cost 79$ for the heli, but it is 31$ Air(43$ EMS) for shipping to the US.
So you get pretty close to the BH price - and despite all the bad things you can read about BH, should there be anything wrong with the bird and you have to ship it to China, the 20$ you save evaporate rather quickly ...

Exactly! the lure of a cheaper deal is seldom without associated risks.
Sep 06, 2010, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2

It still would be $20 cheaper from Hobby King. And like most people on here, I'd lean towards HK for service in this case.
Sep 07, 2010, 06:45 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun
It still would be $20 cheaper from Hobby King. And like most people on here, I'd lean towards HK for service in this case.
GD, it would actually be even more than 20$ cheaper than BH, as the S&H would have to be added onto the price of the heli.
And I certainly respect your tendency to favor HK ...
the only thing I can say is this:
I only dealt with BH once (I ordered 3 identical 3ch helis - and to of them were defect, the 3rd one died after on flight ...). I emailed them and - yes, it wasn't easy, but it worked - I got them to take the helis back and refund my money (full amount). But I had to pay sending the helis back to cali.
However, contrary to what many people on here report, my personal experience with BH is (better was) clearly positive!!

Further, I don't know how often you already sent packages to China - but from personal experience I can tell you this gets pretty quick pretty expensive! And to send this particular heli back, the weight is around 5lbs and the box is really big ... Based on these two facts the shipping charge (even with USPS) would be breathtaking (go to your post office and check with them ...). I doubt HK would just send you a replacement heli - and I am pretty sure you would have to pay for sending your old one to china AND also for them sending you a new one ...

The only thing I am saying is that it is not utterly recommendable to ONLY look at the price of the heli, but that there are more things where taking them into account can come in handy

Of course it is everyones own to decide where they order their stuff from, as far as I am concerned I learned over the last few years that the bigger the box and the more it weighs, the more sense it makes to buy "local", even if that is slightly more expensive on the first look...

Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Sep 07, 2010, 08:37 AM
Wow 70cm long!!!! That's freaking huge. Just be careful with rotating blades!! And try not to drop from high sky.

F = ma.

Quick Reply