Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 07, 2017, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sec1223 View Post
just to confirm that these boards are multi layer BUT....

it looks to me like you have a certain area on both pads that are connected and it will be possible to drill through tho's areas.
How did you get it to look like this please
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2017, 09:32 AM
Just got mine in post, did mod to power up as per first page of this forum.
Unfortunately mine is dead as a doornail....
Probably not worth it but if there is a simple fix which does not need major surgery I would give it a go...Anyone know if there is a stock problem?
Feb 23, 2017, 08:23 AM
Got a replacement from the ebay seller and it worked right off.
It is not an original though but a equivalent probably cheaper version, the fan is noisy, the dps600 I have is actually quieter ..
I told the seller but also said it does not really matter, anyone know if the equivalent cheaper DPS 800 is more noisy though?
It just I can't really use it where I wanted now or it will annoy everyone...
Feb 25, 2017, 05:37 AM
I realise that this thread already provides enough info on how to get these PSU's working, but I thought I would do a bit more testing to definitively identify the functions of the pins, according to the excellent procedure provided by Xandrios in this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=599

What I found is as follows:
- pin 30 = current share pin
- pin 32 = remote sense pin
- pin 33 = remote sense return pin
- pin 40 = -12V (at least that's what I'm assuming it is - on mine with no load on the pin, it reads -9.5V)

The power on the 3.3V and 5.0V pins (shown in the diagram) is available even when the unit is not running but plugged into the mains.

Pin 28 is a bit of a mystery - it reads 4.65V when unit is powered up. Adding a 1K resistor to ground or +12V has no effect on the output voltage or fan speed. It's not a +5V line (pins 29 and 35 are) since it is too far away from 5.0V. Resistance to ground is 25 kOhm.

Anyway, to get the PSU to start up all you need is to short pins 31 and 34. There is no need to connect the current share pin (#30) to +12V - it is only needed if you are connecting multiple PSU's in parallel (in which case pin 30 on all the units should be connected to each other). Connecting it to +12V does raise the output voltage by approximately 0.55V though.

Adjusting the voltage by connecting a pot between pin 32 and ground works fine without connecting the 3rd terminal of the pot to +12V. I'd suggest a 1.8k resistor in line with the pot, because if the resistance between pin 32 and ground drops below this, the over-voltage protection kicks in.

I've taken the liberty of modifying the connection diagrams which have been shown in previous posts, in case it helps anyone else in the future.
Last edited by Geoff_S; Feb 25, 2017 at 09:09 PM.
Feb 25, 2017, 05:53 AM
ancora imparo
Nice summary. I've posted a link on the reference thread.

John
Mar 13, 2017, 11:01 AM
Hello,

I got faulty PSU.
I know it's faulty because when I plug AC power I don't hear the 'Click' sound.
Is anyone know how to fix this problem? or Can someone give links to other forums in this issue?

Thank you !
Mar 19, 2017, 11:25 PM
Hi, doesn't anybody know how to wire up one of these switches up to it

12V 16mm Latching Angel Eye LED Push Button Switch Flat Head Metal illuminated Switch
https://banggood.app.link/N22nBs1vTA

I got the switch side of things working but can't get the LED to lite up
Mar 20, 2017, 10:38 AM
Frankenstein recycled packs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippernz View Post
Hi, doesn't anybody know how to wire up one of these switches up to it

12V 16mm Latching Angel Eye LED Push Button Switch Flat Head Metal illuminated Switch
https://banggood.app.link/N22nBs1vTA

I got the switch side of things working but can't get the LED to lite up
Did you connect a 12V ground to it yet? Switches with a light will need a ground connected to work.
Also note these are rated at only 3 amps.

Rick
Mar 21, 2017, 02:48 AM
I did some more searching and found a pic of wiring of a similar switch and copied that and got it working, so all good now.
Thanks.