WOODIES: Wooden Pleasure Craft from Boating's Golden and Classic Eras and much more. - Page 36 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by craig_c, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 07, 2017, 12:27 PM

Looking for a typical kind of woodie

Hello,
I am looking for a specific kind of woodie.
I know the brand, i know the maker, there are even models of it but not in the scale i want and with the drive i want.
But they don't sell plans, not even the bulkheads, only the complete kit, scale 1:10 and that is too small for me and the price is not small, 250 US dollar for just the wooden parts.

So i am looking for a plan that looks a bit like that boat so i can change it a bit and make the boat i want.
But i don't know how this kind of runabout is called.
It is not a barrelback so can someone tell me how this kind of stern is called and if there is a boatplan available that looks a bit like the picture i posted below.
Best would be a Delftship file, that is easy to adjust.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2017, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJVO
Hello,
I am looking for a specific kind of woodie.
I know the brand, i know the maker, there are even models of it but not in the scale i want and with the drive i want.
But they don't sell plans, not even the bulkheads, only the complete kit, scale 1:10 and that is too small for me and the price is not small, 250 US dollar for just the wooden parts.

So i am looking for a plan that looks a bit like that boat so i can change it a bit and make the boat i want.
But i don't know how this kind of runabout is called.
It is not a barrelback so can someone tell me how this kind of stern is called and if there is a boatplan available that looks a bit like the picture i posted below.
Best would be a Delftship file, that is easy to adjust.
Wow! what a beautiful boat.
Sep 07, 2017, 09:55 PM
Looks like a take off on the British slipper stern launch
Sep 07, 2017, 11:24 PM
It's a fine fiddly business.
GJVO,

http://www.makeamodelboat.com/model-...slipper-launch

I hope this helps. Nice tip MCK Syd. I had never heard of a slipper tail launch.

Robert
Sep 10, 2017, 06:19 AM
I also nver heard about it but it looks like that type.

The boat is still made in Germany, it is from Kaiser Bootsmanufaktur.
A model is made by Miniwerft but i think 250 Dollar is too expensive for a 17 inch model.

Gert-Jan
Sep 10, 2017, 09:18 PM
IfI remember right they look like a go fast boat, used in England on the rivers, they actually were made for a slow speed, but really look great. Actually saw a couple when I was over there in 94.
Sep 11, 2017, 11:19 AM
Boats on the brain!!
Slick looking boat.