This thread is privately moderated by craig_c, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 17, 2011, 01:13 AM
If, like me, you have ever wondered what a Chris-Craft cabin cruiser model with a black hull would look like, Angel 'n Matt is an excellent representation of one. You don't see many such models.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2011, 03:13 PM
r/c ships and workboats

full size at Museum

Thought i would share these 4 magnificent wooden boats now on display at the Bellingham International Maritime Museum. These are all replicas built from original drawings by a local craftsman by the name of David Burge. They are all hand crafted including all the metal work. There were over 60 molds made for the metal castings. There is a run about, a hyrdoplane, racer, and a pleasure cruiser. All hand planked and with some very fancy engines in them. The 2 fast boats have converted Jaguar engines that have been modified by the builder. Not much more that I can say that the photos can'yt say 1000 times better. So enjoy and be inspired with some very unique boats froms the past. Oh and all these baots do still work and have been featured in various wooden boat magazines.
Jul 18, 2011, 12:05 AM
Taking care of the pond.
Great pictures, I like the Hydro with the Jag engine.
Jul 18, 2011, 11:27 AM
Woodfumbler......
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLERTIME
Great pictures, I like the Hydro with the Jag engine.
Noo cant be true...

Big cats do NOT like water.
Jul 18, 2011, 04:13 PM
r/c ships and workboats
These big kitties do and are happy being different colored and on the water. Must play nice with these kitties as they have some power that moves these woodies. I am amazed that he actually has 2 Jag engines in 2 differnt boats!
Jul 18, 2011, 04:36 PM
Only need a few $$$$$$$$$
Jul 18, 2011, 06:30 PM
Jag engines run fine in boats as long as you leave the Lucas electronics on shore
Jul 18, 2011, 09:40 PM
1/2 a bubble off
Saw a nice Jaguar at a car show in Lake George NY, had been totally rewired by owner, all original electrical items removed and replaced. Right down to the tail light sockets. Seems the original engine was pulled out and sold, replaced it with a GM 350 CI. Told me how much more fun it was to drive without all the electrical problems.
Jul 19, 2011, 05:47 AM
The diagonal planked hydro with the Jag V12 is a William Atkin design called U.S.A. and is a 20 foot 335cu. in class boat originally designed in 1930.
The other hydro with the gas tank on the rear deck and powered by what looks like a flathead Ford V8 is a probably a George Crouch design from 1912, 19' 4" long. Plans are available for both boats and would make some pretty cool models.
Jul 31, 2011, 03:00 PM
We were able to get the Chris Craft owners together for some groups pictures. Hope you enjoy them as much as we putting them together.
Jul 31, 2011, 03:57 PM
Retired for now
Good show you guys. The boats look excellent and the water pics are the best. Love those 63'MY but didn't realize how much bigger the Corvette model is. I have a Corvette kit so maybe someday soon I'll get it built. Thanks for the pictures Doug and cheers to you all. Pete
Aug 01, 2011, 01:22 AM
Taking care of the pond.
Very nice.
Aug 01, 2011, 03:04 AM
WooHoo!
Great looking boats! Thanks for sharing.
Aug 01, 2011, 05:10 AM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
Thread OP
Very cool! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Latest blog entry: Ah, To be young again...
Aug 01, 2011, 01:40 PM
r/c ships and workboats
classic line up and good to see.

Quick Reply