New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:24 AM
jeanorwin is offline
Find More Posts by jeanorwin
Registered User
Finished it. Not as perfect as the one in #67, but it matches and it should work out.+


EDIT: Seems like I have a problem with the motor/engine: There seems to be something in the metal part of it. I already removed the blades etc, but how can I remove the C-Ring to get the 2 parts apart?
Last edited by jeanorwin; Feb 10, 2011 at 12:11 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:12 PM
Helitime is offline
Find More Posts by Helitime
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanorwin View Post
Finished it. Not as perfect as the one in #67, but it matches and it should work out.+


EDIT: Seems like I have a problem with the motor/engine: There seems to be something in the metal part of it. I already removed the blades etc, but how can I remove the C-Ring to get the 2 parts apart?
The "c" clip will pop off to the side (and fly across the room never to be seen again if your not carefull.) They "spring" open. I do them under a towel or something to contain the clip when it pops off (or on). Easy to do, just don't loose the clip :-)
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:11 PM
biggy boy is offline
Find More Posts by biggy boy
prop wash
biggy boy's Avatar
To put the "C" clip back on, I put a piece of clear tape on it folded over to make a handle. I hold the piece of tape while pushing the clip back on with a blade(straight) screwdriver. Also this way if it flies off again it's easier to see it across the room as Kerry pointed out.

Glen
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:28 PM
Helitime is offline
Find More Posts by Helitime
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
To put the "C" clip back on, I put a piece of clear tape on it folded over to make a handle. I hold the piece of tape while pushing the clip back on with a blade(straight) screwdriver. Also this way if it flies off again it's easier to see it across the room as Kerry pointed out.

Glen
I'm still learning new tricks :-) Thanks Glen

Kerry
Old Feb 10, 2011, 04:26 PM
jeanorwin is offline
Find More Posts by jeanorwin
Registered User
Alright, I've gotten the C-Clip off, but can't get it on again..

I've now registered to the ship with the props and ordered the props plus a few other small items(C-Clips ) from it. Let's see how those cheap props will work.. if I get the motor set back up.

Any other tips around? I might need something that I can push the motor on, so the Clip goes on more easily. Should I use any needles or so to widen the clip or just push it onw ith full force?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 05:34 PM
biggy boy is offline
Find More Posts by biggy boy
prop wash
biggy boy's Avatar
I just push them on with the side of a screwdriver blade resting flat against it.
Last edited by biggy boy; Feb 11, 2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 08:18 AM
aeajr is offline
Find More Posts by aeajr
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Which do you think is better? The fox or the radian pro? Take a look.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1387898
Old Feb 11, 2011, 08:25 AM
biggy boy is offline
Find More Posts by biggy boy
prop wash
biggy boy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
Which do you think is better? The fox or the radian pro? Take a look.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1387898
That is the good question, but they are two different ships! Two different sizes. One is scale one is not............... One is full house the other is not...
Hard to say which one is better!! But it would be interesting to hear what people opinions are!!!

Glen
Old Feb 11, 2011, 08:30 AM
aeajr is offline
Find More Posts by aeajr
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
That is the good question, but they are two different ships! Two different sizes. One is scale one is not............... One is full house the other is not...
Hard to say which one is better!! But it would be interesting to hear what people opinions are!!!

Glen
Did you read the link? I am proposing a foam glider shootout.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 09:00 AM
jeanorwin is offline
Find More Posts by jeanorwin
Registered User
Really, I can't say anything about soaring with the Fox Glider, simply because I only did it in "real" gliders and have no experience in it concerning RC flying.

The new motor mount seems to work out ifne. I now left one of the wings at the bottom of the shaft out, now I can get on the C-Clip perfectly fine. The motor sticks where it is so it should just work out.

Concerning the CG; I'll do a flight tomorrow and see how it goes. I'll see how the CG is with the wood mount.

Until which voltage do you unload your LiPos? I usually fly until they reach 3.6-3.7V per cell, but I heard some unload them until 3V or so. What's the "best" voltage?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:15 AM
biggy boy is offline
Find More Posts by biggy boy
prop wash
biggy boy's Avatar
Does the stock ESC have an auto shot of feature for when the LIPO get low, down close to the 3 volts per cell???
And if it does is it a hard shut down or a soft shut down.
I like soft!!! nothing worse then being in a real critical spot IE: risky maneuver when all of a sudden the power to the motor gets cut.

I like to program the ESC's with soft low voltage settings, then the RPM just noticeably goes down and tells you it's time to come in for a landing.

Glen
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:17 AM
biggy boy is offline
Find More Posts by biggy boy
prop wash
biggy boy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
Did you read the link? I am proposing a foam glider shootout.
Hummm pi$$ing contest!?!? sounds interesting.
Last edited by biggy boy; Feb 11, 2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:43 AM
Helitime is offline
Find More Posts by Helitime
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
Hummm pi$$ing contest!?!? sounds interesting.
I happen to know that a long barrel makes a gun morre accurate.
I'M IN. :-)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:01 PM
birdofplay is offline
Find More Posts by birdofplay
Retired CAD guy
birdofplay's Avatar
aeajr:
Have there been any Cularis entries ?

I have my Cularis set up for either Electric or AeroTow.
Its a fairly quick conversion.

I've been towed practicaly straight up by 100cc tugs !

As far as Slope goes: you do realize that it's dependent on battery life and
how long the wind continues to blow - not motor run.
A motor on a sloper is insurance for a good landing or against landing "out" .

Thermal is the only thing that makes a Contest out of it.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:50 PM
biggy boy is offline
Find More Posts by biggy boy
prop wash
biggy boy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helitime View Post
I happen to know that a long barrel makes a gun morre accurate.
I'M IN. :-)
UMMMM Kerry your not bragging are you


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review FOX ST-Model /Kyosho /Hype /Ripmax 1.8m /71" EPO PnP/RTF BL/ Glider McMoron Electric Sailplanes 428 Dec 03, 2015 02:43 AM
New Product HobbyKing Minimoa 2mtr R/C Glider EPO w/ Motor, ESC, Servos Plug-n-Fly Bowerz Electric Sailplanes 8 Jul 29, 2015 10:28 AM
Discussion HobbyKing 3D 30" EPO Yak 54 Bowerz 3D Foamies 39 May 07, 2011 12:39 AM
Sold WindRider Fox EPP Glider $60 + Shipping ShoGinn Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 1 Aug 23, 2010 10:21 PM
Discussion St model fox glider Staudacher600 Electric Sailplanes 2 Aug 04, 2010 11:42 PM