F9F RC LANDER - Precautions for glue the Stabilizer - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by MADISONMaster, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 31, 2010, 11:48 AM
Discussion

F9F RC LANDER - Precautions for glue the Stabilizer

I noticed that if you glue the stabilizer without taking precautions of alignment, they lean to the right (front view ) (a noticed this on my three Panther's before glue) and it creates a tendency to go to left.
To avoid this, here is the principle of alignment that I used

For this operation, you must have the wing in place - Cut two identical pieces of foam - place them on each wing tip - Place a rule of 1 meter on the pieces of foam (rule or wand perfectly straight) - Verify that the distances wing tip to wing roots are equal to - Connect the wires of the stabilizer and secure them with tape - Recess stabilizer and test the servos before gluing - Take a weight with a piece of foam wedge
The device is ready and you can see from a long distance if the stabilizer is parallel to the wing - the perfect back to square with a small block of wood - You can glue the stabilizer and always look if the stabilizer is parallel to the wing
there may be a slot wide enough on one side - plug this gap with balsa - camouflage with a sticker -
Last edited by MADISONMaster; Aug 31, 2010 at 12:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2010, 07:02 AM
Suspended Account
just pulled the trigger
called my local hobby shop.. He had one left and told him to keep it there and I will go in an hour to pick it up..
meanwhile some RCgroups reading won' tharm anybody.. thanks for the tips MAD.. this should be a sticky