Aug 31, 2010, 01:21 AM
avt
avt
Hell Flyer
Thread OP
Discussion

When do you know it's time to start training the successor?

My son is constantly begging me to go and play with the plane on the pc. He means the simulator of course. He doesn't want to play it himself yet, he just enjoys watching me fly the planes, and enjoys even more when I crash them, so he can yell "Oh, broken!" (he yells that in Hebrew of course )

Latley I started giving him the remote so he can play some.
We're now at the stage that he knows how to run and stop it on the runway. He's starting to understand that pulling on the right stick will make the plane go up. That's about it. From there all that's left to do is yell "Oh, broken!"
btw, he's almost 2.5yrs.

So when do you think it's time to get the successor a Super Cub?

btw, I'm a little worried about him handling the Tx with his thumbs, as I'm a pinching guy only. I hope it's only a phase for him...
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2010, 01:52 AM
Reduce the drama...
Fun!
How about at his pace?
Imagine when he's past "broken!" and flying and landing the sim!
Then include him and mom on a flying picnic.
Let him learn on your trainer. Then it becomes "our trainer".
Then "we" build a 3D Foamy Cub. In an eyeblink, he will be 16 and chuck it all for girls.
Nine years or so later he will raise his head above the mire and remember the years with his father.
Aug 31, 2010, 03:42 AM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
Totally cool picture! Give him a couple years and he could end up better than all of us... Just don't forget that it's all about having fun (especially when he gets better than you ).
Aug 31, 2010, 05:46 AM
avt
avt
Hell Flyer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrend
Totally cool picture! Give him a couple years and he could end up better than all of us... Just don't forget that it's all about having fun (especially when he gets better than you ).
Believe me, my only wish is that he'll end up better than me. In any aspect of life.
In flying RC planes that won't be that difficult for him
Aug 31, 2010, 09:06 AM
Come On!! You made him put on underwear just for the pic, huh?

Great shot!!

Steve
Aug 31, 2010, 09:29 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Quote:
Originally Posted by avt
When do you know it's time to start training the successor?
When they show interest and when you can afford to buy him or her a new model when they crash theirs or yours. Nothing would be worst for him or her to crash the plane and then you not be able to get him another for them to keep learning.

CAuse lets face it we all crash at some time and its all part of the learning curve.

When my 10yrs daughter ask me if she could try my boat I told her sure she could but only if she went swiming for it if something happens. She tried it and it was not for her.
When she asked me if she could try to fly one of my planes I told her to bake some cookies, sell them and once she had enough money to pay for my plane I would let her. Not because I did not want her to learn but explained to her that if anything happened to my planes that MOMMY would not let me buy another and so she should really be asking her mom/my wife first.
Aug 31, 2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick.benjamin
Fun!
How about at his pace?
Imagine when he's past "broken!" and flying and landing the sim!
Then include him and mom on a flying picnic.
Let him learn on your trainer. Then it becomes "our trainer".
Then "we" build a 3D Foamy Cub. In an eyeblink, he will be 16 and chuck it all for girls.
Nine years or so later he will raise his head above the mire and remember the years with his father.
I say this sounds just about right and 100% correct. Especially the girls part, but it could very well plant a seed in him for later in life.

Quick Reply