Jun 30, 2003, 10:48 PM
Thread OP

My Tantrum came today

Hello, this is my first post and I'm happy to say my Tantrum arrived today. Thanks Doug. Kit looks pretty good. I have never built or covered a plane before so this will be my first.. I have been buying ARF's and own several gas and electric.

It was suggested to me to use a Razor 400 and GWS "C" gear box with 3 Thunder Power 1300's. My question is, does anyone have any suggestions as to where to purchase these items?

Thanks, Dale
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2003, 11:52 PM
Razor motors and castle creations speed controls~ www.parkflyermotors.com is the cheapest place around at the moment, as for thunder powers...you have to e-mail Charlie Wang, look in the batteries and chargers forum for more info on that, i really wish thunder power would make a website......

Dylan
Jul 01, 2003, 12:48 AM
pfm
pfm
Patrick Mahoney
My Tantrum showed up today as well.

I have a Razor 400 w/ C-gearing (5.33:1) in my Hangover. It works great with a 10x8 prop.
Jul 01, 2003, 12:57 AM
Mountain Models should have the 3s Thunder Power 1300s in stock in the next few days. Drop Doug an email to check on availability.

BTW - Doug was kind enough to let me fly his very own Tantrum with the exact motor combo above at SEFF (thanks again Doug!). I flew it first on the Razor 350 and the power was good, but you had to be careful because it just pulled too many amps. With the Razor 400, the power was still excellent and amp draw was considerably lower so you didnt have to watch the throttle as much

Ive flown a lot of 3D airplanes, and this has been one of the best! I find myself wishing I had my own since getting back from SEFF - and I did bring home a Razor 400/Phoenix 25 so I guess I have little excuse not to order one for myself

Jason
Jul 01, 2003, 09:24 AM
Pro Bro # 179
I just put the third flight on mine yesterday evening, and I think its awsome. Mine is running on the stock 300 setup with 8 kan 950's.

kevin
Jul 01, 2003, 11:17 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the input. I will continue to look for a Razor motor and C box. Also, I will check with Doug about getting the batteries.

Tonight I did not have much time to work on it, but I did build the tail feathers and ailerons. Wow, I'm impressed so far with the kit. If the rest goes this easy I'll be flying in no time.

Dale
Jul 01, 2003, 11:58 PM
Lurker
The Thunder Power Batteries are now in stock and on Dougs site. These fit in the Tantrum. I think you will be pleased with them.

Believe me the rest will go that easy. Covering, as always, is the hardest part of any of Doug's kits.

Be sure and set up your dual rates for the first flight.
Last edited by KonstantKrash; Jul 02, 2003 at 12:00 AM.

Quick Reply