New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SGTalon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:43 PM
Find More Posts by SGTalon
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Cool

Enterprise-D Kit Success on to Kit #2!

Things have gone very well with the Enterprise kits. I have sold about 15 of them now including 5 ARF kits. It has been great! Totally paid for my hobby for this season which keeps my lovely wife happy!

I discovered that building kits for other people is WORK!! And that work takes away from what i really love about this hobby: Designing and building new planes. I just love designing stuff and making it work.

Anyways, i have some new pics i can show of the Enteprise kits. A new friend of mine Steve (Bruchlandungen) has put a lot of time making really nice skin graphics that i am going to see if i can incorporate into the kits.

I had a bunch of requests to do a Voyager so i started playing around with the design and it turned out really well. I got pretty excited about it and decided to just build it. The gorilla glue is drying right now on it and i hope to get a maiden flight in this weekend.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1295747

Another design i worked on in the past couple months was an Enterprise-A. I noticed a few people had been trying to get one to fly and were having trouble. Well i love a challenge so i spent a couple hours working out a design that i think will work for an "A".

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1273822

In between building and shipping Enterprise Kits i put some more time in on my Thunderbird Formation. The build turned out really nice but the maiden flight DIDN'T!! I normally don't do maidens anywhere but my house. I have lots of room, no trees, and a nice big hay field to make ... "unscheduled" landings.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1103153

Well it kinda bit me. I did the maiden at our weekday combat site at Stoney Creek Metropark. I took off, it had plenty of power, but i just didn't have enough control authority. Started rolling, and got inverted. By the time i got it turned back i was in a VERY tall oak tree....

Tried to power it out but that didn't work so i climbed the dang tree. I have not been in a tree in decades! And man was it up there. Finally did get it down. I am going to have to do some tweaking on it.

The other thing i did was created a poll to see what kind of kit people would like to build/buy. I am not the kind of guy that needs guidance but i know that people have favorites they would love to fly. So it turned out that the big winners were the Viper that i did a couple years ago and an X-wing.

So i designed up a profile X-Wing. It turned out pretty good, but it needs more tweaking before it is ready to build.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1297378

I do think that my next kit is going to probably be the Voyager. The design is just like the very nice flying Enteprise-D.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by Terrk
I love that VIPER! Do you have a copy of the plans for it?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by splitpilot
Hey Iven following your work!!! Its outstanding!!!
BTW I would like to buy one kit from you Tell me How!!!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
I agree about the Viper. I'de love to do one. or how about a Cylon Raider to go with it? LOL.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 01:06 AM
Find More Posts by SGTalon
SG Talon... Super Genius.
The Viper plans are on the Viper Thread - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=907472

I am going to be doing an update on this soon. I will be making it into a production kit that is for sale. Probably around the same price as the Enterprise-D kit - $35 plus shipping.

You can definitely build it now as the plans are, but I think the update will be worth it when i finalize it!

Split, i replied to your PM about the kits! THanks for contacting me!
Old Dec 02, 2010, 02:42 PM
Find More Posts by jestersrace1087

hey

hey, i just found out about this site and your work. i think its amazing and i want to buy some from you. i read most of your posts and saw a picture of a romulan warbird. i would love to buy it!!!...can you tell me how i can buy that and an enterprise-D. you can reach me a lot easier through my email address which is otrhvncrisis@aol.com...thanks! and keep up the good work!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:43 PM
Find More Posts by goldenknight1

Enterprise

SGTALON; would you send me a e-mail in regards to ordering a enterprise kit

Bob