Thread Tools
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:07 PM
JetPlaneFlyer is online now
Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
JetPlaneFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
I didn't know there was a proposal to convert the Concorde into a Blue-steele carrying RAF Bomber?
I very much doubt there ever where such proposals...The picture appears just to be an artist's 'flight of fancy'.

Steve
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:26 PM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
I very much doubt there ever where such proposals...The picture appears just to be an artist's 'flight of fancy'.

Steve
Well The RAF was looking into a supersonic replacement of the "V" bombers of the 1960's & I think they may have considered the Concorde as a possiblity, I mean the Royal navy used the Dehavilland Comet as the Nimrod so. . . . .
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 05:33 PM
chochmah is offline
Find More Posts by chochmah
HappyGoLucky
chochmah's Avatar
Quote:
Choch I might take a few pages out of your amazing 797 build to help me!
If there is anything I could do for you noob-CAD-wise (limited to blender and sketchup) I would be most honestly very happy to help.

I enjoy plaing around with the CAD-Stuff and I have some spare time to fill since my own project is on hold again waiting to a shipment of fiberglass.

So please...
Old Jun 17, 2011, 01:51 AM
larryross is offline
Find More Posts by larryross
Registered FFF Addict
larryross's Avatar
OK... I guess I was looking at the proposed RAF bomber posted earlier.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Concord didn't have a canard It did have a small vortex generator strake below the cockpit but that didn't work as a canard, being much too small for one thing and fixed for another.

Are you maybe thinking of the Tupolev Tu-144?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 05:37 AM
727Dream is offline
Find More Posts by 727Dream
3 holes are better than twoo!
727Dream's Avatar

727 plans


Quote:
Originally Posted by chochmah View Post
If there is anything I could do for you noob-CAD-wise (limited to blender and sketchup) I would be most honestly very happy to help.

I enjoy plaing around with the CAD-Stuff and I have some spare time to fill since my own project is on hold again waiting to a shipment of fiberglass.

So please...
Hi!
Can you play with this one?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 06:13 AM
chochmah is offline
Find More Posts by chochmah
HappyGoLucky
chochmah's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 727Dream View Post
Hi!
Can you play with this one?
This one is not detailed enough for you? : http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...00&prevstart=0

You would need that plan in a much higher resolution.
(pretty small nacelles, wonder about size how you want to fit anything in there)
Old Jun 17, 2011, 06:35 AM
727Dream is offline
Find More Posts by 727Dream
3 holes are better than twoo!
727Dream's Avatar

727


Quote:
Originally Posted by chochmah View Post
This one is not detailed enough for you? : http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...00&prevstart=0

You would need that plan in a much higher resolution.
(pretty small nacelles, wonder about size how you want to fit anything in there)
Thanks
In fact, I bought this version from 3D Model, but some details are not scale (wing saddle, for ex)
And you are right, 727 it's a hard model to fit scale engines, due the small size of nacelles, you must make a compromise between them and rest of the model
Old Jun 17, 2011, 09:54 PM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Now I'm starting to hand-draw the Concorde's "side-profile" plans.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by demondriver; Jun 17, 2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 01:19 PM
Keenan smith is offline
Find More Posts by Keenan smith
was geht , müssen unten kommen
Keenan smith's Avatar
that is toataly awsome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:27 PM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith459 View Post
that is toataly awsome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks as always K!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!
Old Jun 18, 2011, 05:32 PM
SilentHunter is offline
Find More Posts by SilentHunter
Registered User
SilentHunter's Avatar
Nice! cant wait to see this!

Eventually you'll get tired of foam sculpting all the time and make molds Then you can make as many as you want. I'll be standing by to assist!
Sculpt the stuff and send it to me, I'll mold it. I could use a concorde too man

Im getting a shipment of Phenol-Novolac resin, should be excellent for aircraft parts.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 05:39 PM
Keenan smith is offline
Find More Posts by Keenan smith
was geht , müssen unten kommen
Keenan smith's Avatar
lucky ?%$*"£!&
Old Jun 18, 2011, 07:12 PM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHunter View Post
Nice! cant wait to see this!

Eventually you'll get tired of foam sculpting all the time and make molds Then you can make as many as you want. I'll be standing by to assist!
Sculpt the stuff and send it to me, I'll mold it. I could use a concorde too man

Im getting a shipment of Phenol-Novolac resin, should be excellent for aircraft parts.
I'm gonna have to enroll into the Silent Hunter University of fiberglassing!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!
Old Jun 18, 2011, 07:16 PM
Keenan smith is offline
Find More Posts by Keenan smith
was geht , müssen unten kommen
Keenan smith's Avatar
Lolz
Old Jun 18, 2011, 07:23 PM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith459 View Post
Lolz
I fooled around once & tried to make a fiberglass mold. . . . . .it was like watching a Jerry Lewis movie!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!