Sep 05, 2012, 11:49 AM
Limbo with 30,000V...
Thread OP
Can you expound on the fun fly, I haven't heard anything about it.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2012, 12:03 PM
Fly, crash, repair, repeat....
This is all the info I got from Jim. I have an email out to the guy running it, I will pass on any other info.

Quote:
Ok I think its time to set a date for the Outlaw flyin at GV2. How does sept. 7-9 sound. I dont know of any other events that weekend. We will have to watch the weather. Remember this is a non event. No food, bathroom etc. just a get together to have a good time flying. Bring your combat wings if you have them. Lets hope for good weather. Thanks, Kolby

GV2 is Grantsville #2 flying field out by the Lime Plant. this is all the info I have at the present time. any questions contact Kolby Harsh.
Sep 05, 2012, 12:12 PM
Limbo with 30,000V...
Thread OP
Cool, Thanks for that. I have never been out there, maybe I'll get some time on Sunday to check it out.
Sep 05, 2012, 12:17 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
The last message in the Davis County thread mentions it as well.

For those who are not going, the road to the SDM field will be closed this Saturday from 7:00am to 12:00.
Sep 05, 2012, 12:23 PM
Fly, crash, repair, repeat....
Yup, I hear its real casual, fly what you brung

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICUFly12
For those who are not going, the road to the SDM field will be closed this Saturday from 7:00am to 12:00.
Another good reason for everyone to make an appearance, we need a good heli showing!
Sep 05, 2012, 09:30 PM
Carlos G.
Any info on why are they closing the road ?????
Sep 05, 2012, 10:47 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
No, or at least I don't remember anything specific.
Sep 06, 2012, 06:26 PM
Well after last years crash of my expensive so called "smart" quad (fliped the switch for altitude hold and it went full throttle up and out of site, fliped the switch off, and pulled the throttle down, and down until off then watched it crash to the ground from who knows what height) I told myself I was done.

Then this fall I see an ad for a new really inexpensive quad that has only the three axis and a low battery warner. So against my better judgement I gave it a try. So far I'm really liking it. I did learn one thing however. When the alarm sounds on the quad I've got a minute or two to land it. When the transmitter starts beeping low battery I've got about 30 seconds to get on the ground. When the transmitter died, the quad started a slow assent and started rotating. Luckily I was able to turn the transmitter off, then back on long enough to do a somewhat controled crash landing.

Storm Drone FF crash (2 min 4 sec)
Sep 06, 2012, 07:17 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Welcome UTrider. I've had a couple of low battery experiences with my transmitter. I'm pretty careful now. Glad it wasn't damaged much.

Nice vid and again; welcome.
Sep 07, 2012, 10:48 AM
Limbo with 30,000V...
Thread OP
Carlos give me a call buddy.
Sep 08, 2012, 09:53 PM
Limbo with 30,000V...
Thread OP
Hey guys, I did some work on the Raptor today, and hoping to fly it in the morning. Anyone planning to get out?

I removed the header tank and put in one of the Lynx fuel sponge things.
Sep 09, 2012, 06:49 AM
Eek! I see RC People!
Sorry, Jim, I meant to post yesterday, but was caught up in family stuff. We are celebrating my parents 50th anniversary this weekend. I am caught up in lots of family activities and won't get to fly at all. Good to hear your heli has been fixed up. Hope everything goes well out at the field. Tell us about it when you get a chance.
Sep 09, 2012, 09:27 PM
Carlos G.
We where at the field today and the morning was absolutely beautiful, no wing, blue sky and a nice fresh breez................
we even have a flock of pelicans circled over us for more than 20 minutes on some really nice thermos!
Jim Y. flew his popwing and cough a thermo and stayed way up for over 11 minutes (that just make me want to have a dlg even more!!!!)
It looks like the roadwork they had planned for sat was a bunch of bulls.... cause they didn't do a thing and the road was open all sat long
i hooked the 3gx to the computer and lower gains but my heli stills doing that funny shake when i go for a fast forward flight..... it holds really good with my mediocre 3d flying though!
We had Boyd's Raptor 50 up in the air for the very first time ........ He was very excited to see it fly
well guys have a great week and hope see you at the field
Sep 10, 2012, 11:27 AM
Limbo with 30,000V...
Thread OP
As Carlos knows... I didn't make it out on Sunday , but I did stop by this morning for a quick flight. Not much changed though, maybe slightly better rotation when in FFF but still sticks to the right.

I'm thinking maybe the voltage step down I have on the tail servo is too much since I'm running A123 cells instead of LiPo. I removed it from the heli, but could not get in another flight , the heli wouldn't run except at high RPM which usually means I spun the clutch up to the bell which means another motor pull.
Sep 10, 2012, 11:42 AM
Eek! I see RC People!
That sucks, Jim. Is a motor pull hard?

Quick Reply