what is the scale of Aquacraft Atlantic Tugboat
I am new in this forum and fresh in the game. have only modified toy boats before sorry if I post this in a totally wrong place.
I have ordered myself an Aquacraft Atlantic Tugboat to modify and make it "look real". what scale is this boat? canīt find anything on the producers page. My guess is about 1:20 but that is only from images. Anyone know what size I should get my crew?
Don't use ebay for that kind of info. Check out this link and it should explain the different scales used in model rail roading.
The ezine article is a little misleading. All G trains run on G "gauge" track (45mm). G "scale" is all over the board.
Lifted from Wikipedia article on G scale
* Wrightway Rolling Stock 1:32 and 10mm scale custom built British North American and European passenger stock.
* Accucraft has three scales- Fn3 is 1:20.3, Gauge 1 is 1:32, and their Ĺ" scale is 1:24
* Aristo-Craft is 1:29, “Classic” series is 1:24
* Aster is 1:32
* Bachmann's "Big Haulers" series is to 1:22.5, while their "Spectrum" Series is to 1:20.3 scale
* Hartland Locomotive Works is 1:22.5
* LGB is 1:22.5
* Marklin "MAXI" is 1:32
* MTH Rail-King is 1:32
* USA Trains “Ultimate” Series is 1:29, “American” Series is 1:24
Best bet is to use the doors on the Atlantic as a guide and measure any figures before you buy them. The tug is off scale. My brother has one and if I recall correctly the wheelhouse doors are taller than 1/24 ones would be.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|For Sale||RTR atlantic habour tugboat||Truckcrazy||Boats (FS/W)||0||May 21, 2010 12:28 AM|
|Sold||Aquacraft atlantic harbour tug for trade||Truckcrazy||Boats (FS/W)||6||May 19, 2010 08:53 PM|
|Build Log||Aquacraft Atlantic up grades||gtopillado||Scale Boats||64||Apr 22, 2010 02:04 AM|
|Sold||Aquacraft Atlantic Harbor Tugboat||cpd32||Boats (FS/W)||5||Jan 18, 2010 02:17 PM|
|Discussion||Mr. Darby or ATLANTIC tugboat winch||MILLERTIME||Dock Talk||0||Mar 02, 2006 10:11 PM|