Jun 06, 2012, 03:10 AM
My release is just above the main wings (base is about 1mm above), as you have rightly said, if it sticks out too much it will cause problems.

Yes, the tail is high and the glider does need to get above the tug as quick as possible, there is another thing that you can do to stop the line causing problems though. If you thread a thin line from the tip of the elevator to the top of the vertical stabilizer and back to the tip of the other elevator then the tow line should not foul on any of the surfaces on take off.

As far a tow line length goes, from what I have read, the longer the better. I will be using a line that is about 50 feet long. The line will have a break point as well so just in case something goes wrong the line will break (this will be a small section of week line that attaches to the tug then to a stronger line). I have also been thinking of putting a small section of bungee chord near the glider so that if can soften out any jolts in the line
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2012, 05:34 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandos23
My release is just above the main wings (base is about 1mm above), as you have rightly said, if it sticks out too much it will cause problems.

Yes, the tail is high and the glider does need to get above the tug as quick as possible, there is another thing that you can do to stop the line causing problems though. If you thread a thin line from the tip of the elevator to the top of the vertical stabilizer and back to the tip of the other elevator then the tow line should not foul on any of the surfaces on take off.

As far a tow line length goes, from what I have read, the longer the better. I will be using a line that is about 50 feet long. The line will have a break point as well so just in case something goes wrong the line will break (this will be a small section of week line that attaches to the tug then to a stronger line). I have also been thinking of putting a small section of bungee chord near the glider so that if can soften out any jolts in the line
some brilliant tips, thanks ever so mate
hmmm.... i'm getting nervous just thinking about towing lol
Jun 17, 2012, 02:25 PM
Hello
Could anybody say what shaft I should buy for front landing gear?
Jun 18, 2012, 01:06 AM
Where can I buy a new sticker sheet Red?
Thanks
Ton
Jun 18, 2012, 08:45 AM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeaa
Where can I buy a new sticker sheet Red?
Thanks
Ton
Try Philip at www.pw-rc.com I do not see it listed, but send him an e-mail from his contact link. He seems to be able to get most anything from the Tian Sheng products.
Jul 07, 2012, 03:42 AM
Just wondering what the heaviest weight anyone has flown with their Cessna ?, Mine weighs around 3.8kg, with a 5000mAh batt, autopilot, G46 motor and beefed up undercarriage. Thinking about adding a second 5000mAh battery for longer flight times but before jumping and trying, was wondering how heavy these had been so far-
Jul 08, 2012, 12:21 AM

better landing gear

Mine weights around 3.050 kg, with a 3300mAh batt. all stock.

A question:
have anyone a solution for a better 2 legs landinggear (not the nose)
Thanks
Ton
Jul 08, 2012, 03:37 AM
Can anybody say trust with stock motor and ESC?)
Jul 08, 2012, 01:21 PM
Landing!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeaa
Mine weights around 3.050 kg, with a 3300mAh batt. all stock.

A question:
have anyone a solution for a better 2 legs landinggear (not the nose)
Thanks
Ton
I used this landing gear when converting to a taildragger. Did just about the same as AussieHoppy (thanks a lot! ) and mounted a servo with tail wheel assy on a ply plate. Cannot seem to find any pictures at the moment, but I think he uploaded some.

It's a bit heavy but I don't care, I also use 4" wheels and together it works excellent on our bumpy grass strip.

Oh, btw, power plant is G46, 5S 3000mAh and 15x6prop - it's a major overkill!!
Jul 12, 2012, 06:04 AM
thx mate, and yes, i still love the tail dragger setup, so many times i would not have been able to fly from a less than perfect grass paddock

my blog 2nd page has the write up & photos, here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1466039

i havent flown with 2 large lipo's yet, but i might attempt a flight with 2 x 5800mah 4S... not sure if my main U/C will be strong enough, I'm thinking the main gear should be in 4mm or 5mm aluminium, not the stock 3mm, i dont think even my U/C springs will help here

with the Power 32 motor and 6000mah 4S she will pull near vertical, so i'm thinking she may well be ok with 2 large batteries, althought might have to dial in some rudder/ails mixing

one note though, i definately wouldnt carry too much weight without strengthening the wing struts, a major weak point on my cessna
all strut mount points are now glued & fibreglassed at wing and fuselage attatchment points, no problems since
Jul 14, 2012, 02:45 AM
ok, with an rc Rx batt nimh 4 cell pack & 2 x 4S 5800mah batteries, she weighs in at approx 3.5kg (approx because my scales aren't the most accurate)

now the interesting part...
this afternoon i took her for a fly with the above setup, and she flew beautifully!
the extra weight in the additional battery gave her more flight authority with almost no change in flight characteristics
took off flaps up in pretty much the usual short lift rotation, landed with full flaps just as per normal
i didnt test flight time on the 2 x 5800mah batts, but i get an easy 15-20 minutes on 1 x 5800mah batt
I would go so far as to say if you could cram in a third 5800mah battery, i reckon she'd fly just as well with 3 of these big batts
and i had no problem at all with the stock main gear with 3mm thick struts, i thought they'd be pancaking but perhaps the springs i installed when i did the tail dragger mod may have helped here
i am very impressed!
Jul 16, 2012, 12:38 AM
Hooked
I am about to order this plane from HK. What upgrade motor and ESC should I get for it?? What is a good size servo to go in the Elevator. I see lots of people recomend upgrading this servo.
Jul 16, 2012, 06:16 AM
I suggest that you use the "Search This Thread" tab at the top of this page. You will find a bunch of info related to your questions. For example, go here... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post17627763

Another source of info.. http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=fr&tl=en
Last edited by bamaguy; Jul 16, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
Jul 16, 2012, 07:07 AM
Hooked
Thanks Bamaguy,
I can't find a SK 4250-650kv motor. HK only has one rated at 530kv. Will this do? The problem with looking at some of the older posts is that the products recommended are no longer available. This is why I asked the question now. To find a current motor similar to the recommended upgrade.
Jul 16, 2012, 08:33 AM
I used an EXCEED-RC Monster Power 32 as an upgrade in mine, a 42/50/770kv---has a lot of power....the original motor is similar to a Power 25.

This, from HK will also do the trick

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_600kv_.html

Quick Reply