Mar 11, 2012, 12:25 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife
Hello Guys.

I had a little problem with the engine cowl today, which caused the cowl to be eaten by the propellor.
Are there any replacement parts available for this plane? Preferable europe..that would be great.

Regards Dave
I guess this is a smaller one?

Maybe if you contacted them they could help out.

Norway.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2012, 01:02 PM
Landing!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife
Hello Guys.

I had a little problem with the engine cowl today, which caused the cowl to be eaten by the propellor.
Are there any replacement parts available for this plane? Preferable europe..that would be great.

Regards Dave
Philip at pw-rc.com helped me getting a new cowl, shipping time was good. (I'm in Norway...) Don't think it was listed on the website, but he was very helpful through mail and helped get the stuff I wanted.
Mar 11, 2012, 02:26 PM
Ok thanks, I'll give it a try at throttlestore and pw-rc....
Meanwhile i'll try to spackle the cowl, maybe it'll do some good.

Regards Dave
Mar 15, 2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppos
Rwj,

Super happy with my 182. - It's to the stage where everything just works nicely.
I think I have gone overkill on modding it - some if it wasn't really needed, but enjoyed modding it and just enjoy flying it now.

Mods to date on mine are:
Motor G46 550kv - motor windings on original are weak.
Prop APC-E 14x7 (can take a much bigger prop), original prop was a bit flexy.
ESC Turnigy 100A Dlux from memory - overkill, but room for other motors in future.
Battery - 4S / 5000mAh
Undercarriage - Tailwheel converson (didn't even try the nosewheel), been really happy with T/Wheel. - Steerable tailwheel from HK with small servo at back. Carbon fiber main gear (26cc size) from HK. 3.75" main wheels (HK again) - great on rough fields.
Gear mount - aluminium backing.
Strut inserts - removed all ply ones and converted to alumimium, original ply ones are quite weak.
Elevator servo / Rudder servo 9650 clone servos from memory.

Autopilot - Ardupilot mega - it stabilises and flies auto nicely with standard settings.

In the crosshairs are the aileron servos - not 100% happy with them, they were a bit squealy initially so don't feel that comfortable with them. Have some hitec hs-81's waiting to go in.

Thinking about a bigger prop to use more power out of the motor, but even now, it climbs out at a 60 degree angle at full power with the 14x7.

Random pictures of 182 mods and stuff to date are at:
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/k.../Cessna%20182/
I also have turnigy G46 ( plan to buy this plane next two week in singapore ), is it the cowl fit enough for 50 mm motor ?
Last edited by Azka Anindya; Mar 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
Mar 17, 2012, 06:10 AM
Hello Azka,
I didn't have to make any mods to the cowling for the G46.
I did shorten the engine mount by a little to fit the motor in length wise.
Seppo
Mar 18, 2012, 01:51 AM
My Floats are here. Ordered from pw-rc.com and they arrived very well packaged free of damage.
Mar 18, 2012, 03:28 PM
rwj
rwj
I ordered my cessna from philip yesterday. He included a red one for me on his order from Ts. Will ship monday to wisconsin. $135.00 $79.00 shipping. I am getting the rest of the items from HK. Have most of that now also. Looks like a fun project!
Mar 18, 2012, 10:56 PM
I bought a copterx 70 amp Esc with Bec for my cessna build and can't find any programming instructions or info on the Bec output. Any one here have any idea?

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/copterx-c...ec.html?&sl=en
Mar 19, 2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppos
Hello Azka,
I didn't have to make any mods to the cowling for the G46.
I did shorten the engine mount by a little to fit the motor in length wise.
Seppo
thank you seppo, the G46 that I owned is 670kv, but seem the dimension are almost the same. How you shorten the engine mount ( in you photobucket seem only pictures of stock motor ) ? And how about flight performance your setup ?

cheers
Last edited by Azka Anindya; Mar 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
Mar 19, 2012, 12:32 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100
I bought a copterx 70 amp Esc with Bec for my cessna build and can't find any programming instructions or info on the Bec output. Any one here have any idea?

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/copterx-c...ec.html?&sl=en
The only thing I see is maybe if you contact these folks.
Mar 19, 2012, 06:24 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
Quote:
Try this from their website...it's info on their 30amp ESC, but likely will work for your 70amp model. (the 70amp is not even listed on their website)
http://www.copterx.nl/data/mediabloc...C%20manual.pdf
Mar 20, 2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy
Try this from their website...it's info on their 30amp ESC, but likely will work for your 70amp model. (the 70amp is not even listed on their website)
http://www.copterx.nl/data/mediabloc...C%20manual.pdf
Thanks I'll try that. I can't even find out what amps the BEC is as no body has specs. What do most 70amps have? 4amp?
Mar 20, 2012, 06:45 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
....What do most 70amps have? 4amp?
This 85 Amp that I got says 5 amps. I don't think I will push the limit with budget ESC though.

This 70 amp says 5 amps.

Here is a 60 amp, 70 burst with a 4 amp BEC
Mar 24, 2012, 09:31 AM
Go FASST or go home...

Light system

Anyone fitted lights to this Cessna?

I'm looking forward to dusk flights with this one and with a light system onboard....

Ben_E

Quick Reply