New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2010, 08:37 AM
Find More Posts by jlaspilot
Discussion

Has anyone used a Futaba T6XHs Super FM

I have recently made the jump to cp helis. ESKY beltcpv2. I love it. I've practiced a lot before moving up to cp. It payed off I could hover on the second battery. I can hover pretty good. NO crashes YET.....
I have read that having a programable radio is better to tune the heli just right. Well I have a FUTABA T6XHx Super and the rx that came with it that I've owned since new. I used to use it with nitro planes. it is fully programmable, but a little outdated
Does any one have any suggestions. I wonder if it would help me with my flying, before I buy an expensive radio. Do you think it will be better than stock ESKY tx and rx? I am still new at this so I don't wanna drop $ 200 for a radio yet. I wanne get better at flying first.

Thanks in advance.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2010, 09:08 AM
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
I used a Futaba 72 mhz 6EXH on my Trex clone. It definitely makes a difference. I'm not familair with your model, but if it allows you to set expo, throttle and pitch curves, you will be just fine.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks, I want to start learning how to play with the programmable radio and changing the settings to where it feels good for me. I want to be good at it before I spend so much money on a new radio system. I have also seen the Hobbie king radios for cheap. But who knows if they are any good.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 09:43 AM
Balr14, I have never installed a tx and rx system on a heli. I can connect the servos, but what about the battery and the esc? Do I follow just like the stock one is connected now? Then also what is a starting point for my pitch curves.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:01 AM
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaspilot View Post
Balr14, I have never installed a tx and rx system on a heli. I can connect the servos, but what about the battery and the esc? Do I follow just like the stock one is connected now? Then also what is a starting point for my pitch curves.
You should be able to follow the stock connections. Servos are usually channel 1,2 and 6. throttle (ESC) is 3, gyro is 4 and may have a single wire that goes in channel 5. For beginner, I'd use a very linear curve from -2 to 9 or 10. You can get excellent setup instructions by watching Finless Bob's Trex 450 videos over at helifreak.com. You will have sign up, then go here: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373. Look at ccpm setup videos and throttle curves.