This thread is privately moderated by Yabba, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 19, 2010, 02:40 PM
Gravity - It's the law
Thread OP
Discussion

Keyfob mounting

Over on the keyfob camera thread guys keep asking about how to mount the camera. They've come up with some ingenious methods but I think the following works pretty well for me. It started as a joke but really the vid didn't show any waviness or "jello effect" and I kind of thought the camera perpective was cool.

This trick was to find a former or bulkhead upright so you had something solid underneath the film covering. Also I put a small 1/4 inch by 1 inch piece of double sided sticky tape along the side of the keyfob to keep it from slipping. I then used some blue painters tape to make sure it stayed level (and attached to the plane) and finally I used some flyline backing wrapped to the tail as a safety lanyard (just in case).

Here's a video of the end result.

The Beav (7 min 27 sec)

Yabba
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply