2010 Park Flying Freestyle Contest - RC Groups
Aug 19, 2010, 11:51 AM
You brought two too many.
Contest

2010 Park Flying Freestyle Contest

This years Park Flying Freestyle Contest (PFFC) is officially announced and underway! This might be as much fun as last years. Rules are the same as last year, except maximum wingspan has been increased to 51". Let's see some really great new moves and music this year!

PRIZES
Extreme Flight Edge EXP
DW Foamies Juka, Edge or Extra with power system (motor+esc+prop)
$50 gift certificate from Secraft USA

90 day Flightpass membership from Higher Plane Productions
30 day Flightpass membership from Higher Plane Productions

More prizes to be announced soon! If you are interested in sponsoring PM me.

All pilots will receive free contest Tee-shirt. These will be nice ones this year with high thread count -- no cheapo Fruit O Loom stuff!

JUDGING CRITERIA
40% Choreography, timing and execution to music
30% Precision and difficulty of program
20% Level of risk (flying low, dodging obstacles, daring maneuvers)
10% Originality

RULES
FUN FUN FUN that's the #1 rule. Here's the rest.
Contestants should fly an aerobatic freestyle routine synchronized to their music of choice.

The video should be made after July 2010 and not entered into another event or demo.

Flights must be outdoors.

Entries must be uploaded to vimeo.com and referenced on this thread by Sept. 30 2010.

Any electric model under 52" wingspan and 60 oz. can be flown.

A clear "start of music" must be heard in the provided music to time the performance.

Flights must be between 2:00 and 4:00 minutes. Landings and takeoffs are not necessary.

There can be no edits or cuts in the judged part of the video.

No post production effects other than introductory and conclusion titling can be made with one exception -- music can be mixed in later to ensure high fidelity in the final video.

Please identify yourself at the beginning of your video with RCG or FG handle.

Contest may be segregated into Park and Pro competitions depending on entries.

For some background read Last years' contest thread. or watch last years contest videos.
Last edited by FlopGun; Sep 07, 2010 at 07:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2010, 11:53 AM
Go Fly Yourself...!!

D-Man
Aug 19, 2010, 12:17 PM
Extremely Twisted
Awesome! Will be working on my airplane tomorrow.
Aug 19, 2010, 01:18 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
Count me in! Just need to find some time now... It's going to be a fun contest! Thank you Flop!
Aug 19, 2010, 01:34 PM
Bigger is better
I'd love to compete but I don't currently own anything within those size limits. Maybe I'll do something with my foamy when I pick it up shortly.
Aug 19, 2010, 02:12 PM
Here We Go!
Dang! Missed it by one inch.
Aug 19, 2010, 03:07 PM
You must have a Slick! ha ha, you could always shave 1/2" off each wingtip lol.

That 51" Slick is too stable for a park flyer!
Aug 19, 2010, 03:09 PM
Here We Go!
Maybe if I throw it in the dryer it'll shrink a little.
Aug 19, 2010, 03:13 PM
You could always apply for a waiver... waivers are $20. lol

SH, don't you have anything smaller? I think you'd score well.

Is everyone flying 50+ stuff in parks these days?
Aug 19, 2010, 03:22 PM
Here We Go!
Yeah.....I think I can dig up something smaller. With any luck, maybe I'll have that 48 Edge EXP before the conclusion of the event. The 51" Slick is pretty much as large as I'll go at the local school near me......but being out in the middle of nowhere has it's advantages. Lot's of big fields around.
Aug 19, 2010, 03:26 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
it's a half inch off each wingtip... it wouldn't change how she flies much at all
Aug 19, 2010, 03:33 PM
Bigger is better
If I had a 51" slick I didn't care about much I would so knock the wings down for this challenge.

Come to think of it, a friend of mine has a bunch of 51" slick wrecks... maybe I can pick up a collection of wreckage and build something for this challenge out of it.
Aug 19, 2010, 03:54 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
...you could also order and extra set of wings from 3DHS and knock them down... so you can have a "regular Slick" or "sawn-off Slick" any time you want...
Aug 19, 2010, 03:55 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Jay you would get points from me for originality.

wait, originality only counts for 10%?
Aug 19, 2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibange
If I had a 51" slick I didn't care about much I would so knock the wings down for this challenge.

Come to think of it, a friend of mine has a bunch of 51" slick wrecks... maybe I can pick up a collection of wreckage and build something for this challenge out of it.
Ian you can use my Vyper or VR-1. Just bring it back to me in one piece