Aug 19, 2010, 12:52 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Mark Rebeck's brother looking for his planes Savage / SOS

Hello, I am Mark Rebeck's younger brother Craig. I have recently taken up the hobby of RC Flying; A hobby that was such a big part of my brothers life. For those of you that are not aware my brother passed away in March of 2006. Growing up my brother an I were 7 years apart and I developed other hobby interests that consumed my time. Within the past 4 or 5 weeks I have discovered this hobby and have been having the time of my life. I have met many wonderful people that knew my brother and have enjoyed hearing all the old stories. At this point I am "All In" with this hobby and my highest priority is to obtain examples of my brother's Savage line of gliders. If anyone that reads this post has any for sale or can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for all of your help and I look foreword to hearing from and meeting all that appreciated my brother Mark's contribution to this hobby.

God Bless,

Craig
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2010, 06:26 PM
Surf's up!!

Sos

Hey Craig,
Glad to hear you are taking up this sport. Your brother's planes were very well respected back in the day and are very sought after now. It took me a while to acquire the 42 inch version and the 60 inch version. I actually scratch built a fuse and tail section for my 60 inch version ( build thread - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=817326 ). I hope to get the 42 inch version built in the near future. WIth all the new smaller radio gear, it is so much easier to equip them, versus when they were designed.

So long as I have a set of plans, I will have an SOS to fly. Good luck in obtaining your brother's planes, maybe someday we will see them on the shelves again. One can hope.

A gentleman by the name of Joe Manor scratch built a short run of kits years ago. Here is the thread of that build. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290505

Best of Luck
Chip
Aug 20, 2010, 10:39 PM
Jim in San Diego
Oh, the above post gives better info on the run of planes. This post is also in the DS forum and I mentioned I thought someone made a run of them. Guess it was Joe.

Good luck,
Jim
Aug 21, 2010, 01:06 AM
She's Flying Again

SoS

This was one of our trips to Fermin in the late 70's. That is Mickey's boy Josh. I get the feeling that no one recognized that, yes that is Mark in the picture with his signature scheme on his SOS that is seen on his boxes.

Steve
Last edited by fly-by-night; Aug 21, 2010 at 09:50 AM.
Aug 21, 2010, 02:36 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=3427464
geez talk about a coincidence.
SteveW
Aug 21, 2010, 09:07 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Craig,

Where are you located, anywhere near the SF bay area? If so, I've got a Savage that I built years ago and never flew, and I plan to fly sometime soon. When I get the time to re-do the original gear in it, and find a good place nearby to fly it- I've heard Tick Point is good, I'm going to see how she goes. If you are close by, I'll let you know, and you can join in the fun. I promised video and pics to the group... better get on it!

Very cool that Steve found a kit -nice work! I hope that you get it!

The link to my original post about the plane...
Link to original post

Best of luck!

Rob
Aug 21, 2010, 09:28 AM
There are both little and big savage in the for sell section.

Quick Reply