Jun 26, 2011, 06:18 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Nice!! Nothing like three 20 pounders flying by at 50+!! The Miller looked most stable of all to me.............why last??? I'm too lazy to go all the way back, motor, speedo, cells???
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2011, 06:32 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1
Nice!! Nothing like three 20 pounders flying by at 50+!! The Miller looked most stable of all to me.............why last??? I'm too lazy to go all the way back, motor, speedo, cells???
Actually the Miller was the lead boat for the whole race. But, when you jump the start it cost's you a lap. When you cut a buoy it costs a lap as well. The Miller and Rays Proboat both went 7 laps. Technically I was a DNF as it would have made for 8 laps on the Miller to overcome the jump and the buoy cut. As it was the packs were at about 145* when they came out of it. Motor was only at 127 though.
Jun 26, 2011, 06:38 PM
Whats the setup again..............?? 5692........?? 8s, 9s.......
Jun 26, 2011, 06:42 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Thread OP
Ray's Proboat has the 5692. Mine is running a Neu 1527/1.5Y on 10s 1p Think Ray is running 10s as well.
Jun 26, 2011, 07:18 PM
Hmmmm, wonder what 2p would do for your speed...........heavy already??
Jun 27, 2011, 05:01 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Thread OP
2p is pretty much out of the question in the Miller. It's already 19 lbs and there's no space to put 2 more packs in the hull.
Jul 02, 2011, 07:32 AM
Wave Riding Vehicles
whow 19 lbs,, that seems like alot but i gess a boat that big is going to be heavy,, looked like it was running well though,,and the way i see it the Miller was in first the hole time
Jul 02, 2011, 07:27 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY
whow 19 lbs,, that seems like alot but i gess a boat that big is going to be heavy,, looked like it was running well though,,and the way i see it the Miller was in first the hole time
Thanks Jerry. It does run pretty good even if it's not super fast.
Haven't seen you around in a while. Hope things are going good for you.
Jul 03, 2011, 07:22 PM
Wave Riding Vehicles
Ya man,, im around,, try not to talk to much cuz then my (myrcgroups) thing gets to many in it to follow,,plus every weekend ive been trying to get the boats wet,, hard to do when your married,, ''hunny lets go do,,hunny we need to do this'' usauly eats most of my time but owell,,,but love to read threw the threads and keep up,,keep um wet bro!!
Jul 04, 2011, 07:02 AM
Zombie Apocalypse
Feelin ya pain
Aug 13, 2012, 07:10 PM
I realize this thread has been around since Moby Dick was a minnow but there's a guy building one on OSE so I linked him your build Bill, you may wanna give him some pointers over there.................
Last edited by scorpion1; Aug 13, 2012 at 08:18 PM.
Aug 13, 2012, 07:59 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Thread OP
Quote:
I realize this thread has been around since Moby Dick was a minnow but there's a guy building one on OSE so I lniked him your build Bill, you may wanna give him some pointers over there.................
Man you did dig pretty deep to find thid one. Not sure of how much help I'd be really. I don't have a lot of "god things" to say when it come to building a 1/8 scale hydro. Mine's slow, heavy, and I'm about as interested in it as you are in your big red hydro.
Yeah, I saw that for sale sign @ OSE.

Edit: you sure there's a build for one of these started on OSE? I couldn't find it. But then, half the time, I can't find the tool I'd just laid down either.
Last edited by bill34207; Aug 13, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
Aug 13, 2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207
I don't have a lot of "god things" to say when it come to building a 1/8 scale hydro.
What exactly are God things??

You still have the Miller right??? I really like that boat...............ever run it?

Still got the 1527in it?

Its a scale classic!! I linked him one of your best youtube runs with it too.
Aug 13, 2012, 08:27 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Thread OP
Quote:
What exactly are God things??

You still have the Miller right??? I really like that boat...............ever run it?

Still got the 1527in it?

Its a scale classic!! I linked him one of your best youtube runs with it too.
You caught me in "typo mode" I still have it, ran it just a couple of weeks ago come to think of it. That was the run where Ray tore up his Proboat Formula.
It's still all the same as when it was built, 1527/1.5Y, Swordy 240 and Tactic radio. Being a classic scale is about the best thing on it and my scale job sure wouldn't be "concours" class. It is kind of fun to watch it slide around the corners even if it is slow. Looks more "scale" running than the faster ones do.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:33 AM
looks very big scaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207
My Miller American hydro arrived via UPS today. To be honest I'm a little disappointed in the quality for the price. It's going to take quite a bit of sanding along the seam lines and the hatch doesn't fit all that well either. I'll deal with it though.
When I ordered it a couple of weeks ago had planned to fit it with my 1527/1.5Y on 10s but am now leaning towards one of the new Leopard 5692's I'm thinking the 1340 kv on 6s 2p. There's enough room in the very front opening for a single 6s pack and I should be able to slip 2 more 3s packs in on either side of the motor to keep the weight forward.
Didn't accomplish a whole lot this evening. Just cut the opening for the strut and installed it to check for fit.

Quick Reply