Aug 27, 2011, 09:23 PM
3d addict
yeah I was going to do that but the plane got so beat up in the inverted high speed landing I called Horizon and they said box it up send it in with the online service submission paperwork and they would take a look at it. Broke nose almost all the way off. bottom wing torn in 3 places, the one side is almost falling off. Not expecting anything but the plane returned to me but with something that wasn't my fault I have to at least give it a shot.

I'm all good with me screwing up and crashing the plane and making a mess of it because I know when I make a big mistake like that. LOL But if the plane is relatively new and something doesn't work on it then I have a problem with it. Heck ask my UM T-28 how many times its been smacked into the ground or something. LOL That thing looks like it really went to war, nothing has failed on it though. It looks that way because I was learning to fly and I'm ok with that. LOL
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2011, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryclock
Or you can buy the 1s 180mah hyperions from all-e-rc and just connect them together with a Y harness. This is what I do:

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...or-p-5437.html
Do two of these fit side-by-side under the cowling?
Aug 27, 2011, 09:27 PM
I hate winter!
HH is amazing. They'll send you a new plane guaranteed. I had a sticky elevator too. It really pissed me off, but I'm battling through it. I'll keep everyone updated if the 3in1 worked.
Aug 27, 2011, 09:46 PM
3d addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEN
In mine they did no problem.
Aug 27, 2011, 09:55 PM
Way to many airplanes!
I fly in the fog everytime I can, and I love it. But just a quick reminder... Fog is basically 100% humidity and water is not great for the electronic. Personally, I don't mind, and will always fly in fog any chance I get, but there's a small risk. (I'm thinking rust is probably the worst thing, particularly inside the motor but who knows )

My record is flying the Mustang in fog in a cold morning. There was ice all over the edges of the plane (wing, elevator, rudder, but also the spinner and propeller). That's where I woke up thinking that's a lot of water we are flying through. Again though, it's just a warning for people who would not know and then prefer to stop flying in fog. It's way to fun for me to stop, and my airplanes are still flying fine! And after all, it's not worst than landing in the grass, covered with morning dew too.

P.S.: Awesome video Schooner.
Aug 27, 2011, 10:31 PM
Inciting Riots
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF
Flew my beast again after mishap and seems good..

But I did pick up um stryker at lhs.
That's why they make these things to crash, they know that about 1/3 of the time you will not only get repair parts but walk out with a different new plane. Helicopters are even worse.
Aug 28, 2011, 05:56 AM
I hate winter!
The Beast crashing never ends well :/

On another note, I woke up at 6:30am today and there are like 20km winds.. argh. Back to bed, have a baseball tournament today at 10:30am so I'll rest up for it.
Aug 28, 2011, 06:53 AM
FLYINGJUNKY
Quote:
Or you can buy the 1s 180mah hyperions from all-e-rc and just connect them together with a Y harness. This is what I do:

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...or-p-5437.html
Thanks,
Did you make the harness or buy it???
Eric
Aug 28, 2011, 07:20 AM
I hate winter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschult
Thanks,
Did you make the harness or buy it???
Eric
Purchased it at the LHS. They had one there for $4.99. I know, it's a lot of $ for a wire and connectors, but it was of good quality and works well. I think people can order them online too, glenn's harness I think they call it. Maybe a more experienced member can chime in here.

The good thing about this harness is that it allows me to use my handfuls of 1s $1.49 160mah turnigy batteries I have. I have like 15 of them and they work well in the beast. I still prefer the hyperions because they can be charged at 4-5c, and the hyperions also have more power and last longer but it's nice to be able to use the turnigies if I run out of hyperions and don't want to start charging yet.

Beware of the China connectors-sold connectors. Go with a brand name with connectors. China-sold connectors sheer/break so easily.

EDIT - HK page says the turnigy nano-tech can be charged at 10c. I wouldn't like to try this in reality :P I charge them at 1c always. https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11893
Aug 28, 2011, 07:30 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEN
I stack mine on top of each other and tape them together and they fit fine. Wouldn't fit side by side. The longer style 1S like the Hyp 160s will fit side by side but I prefer the 180s stacked as they are a bit easier to use with the adpater and connection wire.

Last edited by flitelab; Aug 28, 2011 at 07:36 AM.
Aug 28, 2011, 07:36 AM
I hate winter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000
I stack mine on top of each other and tape them together and they fit fine. Wouldn't fit side by side. The longer style 1S like the Hyp 160s will fit side by side but I prefer the 180s stacked as they are a bit easier to use with the adpater and connection wire.
First couple times I put the hyperion 180mah 1s's in, I stacked them but it put so much pressure on the foam battery tray - it was a tight squeeze.

Now I always put them side by side. I think this works better as well it spreads the weight over the nose instead of stacking it in the middle.
Aug 28, 2011, 07:38 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
First couple times I put the hyperion 180mah 1s's in, I stacked them but it put so much pressure on the foam battery tray - it was a tight squeeze.

Now I always put them side by side. I think this works better as well it spreads the weight over the nose instead of stacking it in the middle.
Hmm, I may have to try that then. I figured they would be too wide to fit like that. I've not had any issues with mine stacked so far.
Aug 28, 2011, 07:43 AM
I hate winter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000
Hmm, I may have to try that then. I figured they would be too wide to fit like that. I've not had any issues with mine stacked so far.
They have to go on an bit of an angle, but they fit snugly with no issues. I put two Velcro strips left to right instead of lengthwise. This allows me to mount the batteries in this configuration. Just another reason to love two 1s batteries instead of a single 2s pack.
Aug 28, 2011, 07:47 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
They have to go on an bit of an angle, but they fit snugly with no issues. I put two Velcro strips left to right instead of lengthwise. This allows me to mount the batteries in this configuration. Just another reason to love two 1s batteries instead of a single 2s pack.
Mine seem to be fitting ok stacked so probably stick with it for now. I suspect it all comes down to the placement of the reay in each plane plus how think your 180s are. You can also trim the tab on the cowl a bit as wel or remove it all together as some others have done, this gives a bit more space on top of the lipo. I have mine stock and it semes ok.

Is anyone using 240s stacked rt side by side or is the 180 the sweep spot?
Aug 28, 2011, 08:44 AM
3d addict
I actually took my 180s and stuck them together with double sided tape yesterday since i would have to stack them for my new Sbach. I liked them side by side in the beast but have to compromise between the 2 planes. So we'll have to see how they go in the beast. I would assume they'll fit fine like in Schooners..

Quick Reply