Nov 02, 2012, 07:37 PM
E-mail them every week and all I get is "waiting on stock" but its funny how ive been watching shops in the UK get new stock twice in 3 months!!!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2012, 08:09 PM
Put the new heat sink on the FETS and boom, no problem with overheating or issues. So she is good to go.
Nov 03, 2012, 08:22 AM
Where is eeryone gettin the heatsinks and tape!???!
Nov 03, 2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer
Where is eeryone gettin the heatsinks and tape!???!
PM me.
Nov 03, 2012, 12:34 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2504
Yes ok Ill buy some.........erm but then again maybe not when I can get 3 delivered for £9.23. Do you wear green tights and have a bow and arrow by any chance
you can buy some from HK but then you have to wait for a week (or more) to get them. I have had a small order send by normal post; its been a month now still waiting. Then again if custom is payable parcelforce will want a tenner on top of what you will pay for VAT. Plus I got proper velcro loop that matches the Eflite exisitng hool velco strip and I will include with purchase. Thin velcro hook & loop compatible with the eflite stuff which will soon be avaiable. as well as DX8 batteries, receiver packs, servos and many more
Last edited by ckleanth; Nov 03, 2012 at 12:40 PM.
Nov 03, 2012, 01:35 PM
Boost rules!
One can buy Hyperion 240 25c UMX packs or the new Hyp 400 35c UMX packs from Robotbirds in the UK for for £7.95 & £8.50 apiece, respectively.

Joel

Nov 03, 2012, 02:00 PM
the 400mah hyperion will never fit the UMX beast without mods and the 240mah has 25C constant.
the nanotech I'm selling is 260mah 2S 35~70C for £9.99 and will the UMX beast witout mods.
with respect..
Nov 03, 2012, 02:44 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth
the 400mah hyperion will never fit the UMX beast without mods and the 240mah has 25C constant.
the nanotech I'm selling is 260mah 2S 35~70C for £9.99 and will the UMX beast witout mods.
with respect..
I suggest that you do your homework. The new Hyp 400 35c has to be mounted as far back as possible for an acceptable CG, but it fits the stock battery compartment without modification. It's too heavy for good 3D, and the CG is still a bit forward with it all the way back, but it's great for sport-flying, big-sky aerobatics, and for flying in the wind. Oh - and it will last for hundreds of cycles at 5c charge before it starts to fade away.

Joel
Nov 03, 2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
I suggest that you do your homework. The new Hyp 400 35c has to be mounted as far back as possible for an acceptable CG, but it fits the stock battery compartment without modification. It's too heavy for good 3D, and the CG is still a bit forward with it all the way back, but it's great for sport-flying, big-sky aerobatics, and for flying in the wind. Oh - and it will last for hundreds of cycles at 5c charge before it starts to fade away.

Joel
mate, the nano-tech 260mah will not compromise the flight characteristics of the beast and is not a "brick" as I would personally compare it against the weight of the Hyperion 400mah. The Beast is one of my favourite rc a/c and I was using the 180mah nano-techs but last month after I bought a couple of 260mah nano-techs there was no comparison. I fly 3D for 8.5 min + with the 260mah nano-techs. tested and proven. simple as that.
Nov 03, 2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
tested and proven. simple as that.
There are many battery options "tested and proven" that are cheaper... simple as that, "mate"...
Nov 03, 2012, 06:18 PM
So let me get this straight your baseline is the 180 nanos and then you have flown these for a month and they beat everything out there? I fly nanos and I am really enjoying my 300 mah batts but one month is not long enough to test these against the other batteries.

Quote:
mate, the nano-tech 260mah will not compromise the flight characteristics of the beast and is not a "brick" as I would personally compare it against the weight of the Hyperion 400mah. The Beast is one of my favourite rc a/c and I was using the 180mah nano-techs but last month after I bought a couple of 260mah nano-techs there was no comparison. I fly 3D for 8.5 min + with the 260mah nano-techs. tested and proven. simple as that.
Nov 03, 2012, 06:35 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Your prices are goofy. Nobody with a modicum of common sense would pay that much for Nanos. I have hundreds of hours of stick-time on the Beast, and I have done far more battery testing than you - as have many others on here. You have never flown the Beast with a Hyp 400, and you even said that it was impossible for it to fit without mods - which proves that you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Simple as that.

Joel
Nov 03, 2012, 07:27 PM
eflite launced the UMX beast V1 with a 180mah battery and I owned that for a little less than two yeas. I tried a few batteries around the same capacity as the stock battery but never wanted to put more weight the micro. I was using the nano 180mah batteries for about year and the nano 180mah was a lague above the eflite. the nano 260mah is better than the nano 180mah in power rating, power delivery, flight time and is just 2.5g heavier. I wanted something that wont change the aircraft, not interested in heavier larger capacity batteries. also not interested in changing the aricraft into a wannabe pylon racer. the beast is a nicely balanced micro biplane with excelent and somewhat forgiving behaviour for 3D... so to answer the question whenether I tried other batteries. yes I did but I didn not put a 3S in it for fun, nor I itend to do so. the price for the nano includes postage costs, vat, and other charges we have to pay to import the batteries in the UK as well as my nanos are located in the UK so delivery is fast, there is nothing more to pay by the customer and the the battery is checked and working is 100%
Nov 03, 2012, 08:15 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Quote:
with respect..
This one I assume:

Nanotech 260 2cell 35-70 C

It's a great lipo, but I get mine in a couple weeks for $5 each (what's that about 3 pounds) from HK, usually just an add on to another order of some sort, throw a couple on top, no change in shipping price anyway, and VERY cheap. They work great though, that's for sure.

Quote:
... eflite launced the UMX beast V1 with a 180mah battery and I owned that for a little less than two yeas. I tried a few batteries around the same capacity as the stock battery but never wanted to put more weight the micro. ...
Actually, the UMX Beast (V1) came with a stock 120 mah 2 cell Eflite lipo. To be fair, it had an OPTIONAL 180 mah lipo you could buy separate. (Unless it was somehow sold differently in the UK than it was in North America.) The 180 mah was far superior, but was not standard until the Beast 3D. Of course the SBach is BNF Basic, so no lipo, but also recommends the 180 mah.

You should try the Hyperions, they are amazing. I am over 2 years on my home made 2 cell packs and while I am noticing they don't hold the charge as well as they used to (LVC once in a while where I never did before on 5 to 6 minute flights) they still produce loads of power and I have put HUNDREDS of cycles through them! (I almost NEVER charge above 1c though, so that may have helped.) Not sure if the Nano's will last as long, we'll see. They are cheaper, work great out of the gate, so I am giving them a run.

All that said, Joel and RCBabbel are exceptionally experienced in working with, testing and flying these little 2 cell planes on a variety of different lipos, and most of us listen closely when they talk about this stuff. Simply a thought.

You are correct, the Beast V1 and 3D are great. Had mine out again today after a week of nothing but the SBach and forgot just how nice it looks in the sky and how well it flys. Take care, good luck with your lipo re-sales, and see you on the forum!

Marlin
Nov 04, 2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Your prices are goofy. Nobody with a modicum of common sense would pay that much for Nanos. I have hundreds of hours of stick-time on the Beast, and I have done far more battery testing than you - as have many others on here. You have never flown the Beast with a Hyp 400, and you even said that it was impossible for it to fit without mods - which proves that you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Simple as that.

Joel
Prices are goofy---...You were being NICE to just say goofy---It's down right robbery!!!---I can get 300mAh NanoTechs for about 2.5 British Pound Sterling each if my math is correct...Which I just did last night from HK to fill in an order...But I am a platinum member with over 40 orders so I do get a pretty decent discount when logged in...

I have some 400 mAh Hyperions right here in my hot little hands...Although my battery compartment has been modded for 3S there is room for these batts with the stock tray...My batts are thicker due to being individually shrink wrapped and Velcro applied for 1S use in my Mossie...

Kevin

Quick Reply