Thread Tools
Aug 24, 2011, 06:47 PM
Today's forecast: Summer
92PathSE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count
Hi...

as mentioned here is my video with my Beast.
There was no hard road for landing-sorry
enjoy it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNPor..._order&list=UL
Where is your CG set? Mine won't fly anywhere near that slow. This is awesome!

I've now had 7 flights with the flaperons working. Landings are much easier. I did need to put a little up elevator in the mix.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2011, 06:53 PM
Loud and proud!
FuzzballOfDoom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos81
When I tried it I was in low rates ... Make sure you switch to high rate
It worked! Thanks . I should be able to fly tomorrow morning
Aug 24, 2011, 07:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count
Hi...

as mentioned here is my video with my Beast.
There was no hard road for landing-sorry
enjoy it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNPor..._order&list=UL
Nice video - great flying.

Flying at sunset - it doesn't get any better than that...
Aug 24, 2011, 07:20 PM
Registered User
snoidslap75's Avatar

Comments.


Has HH made any comment, I know this is not the forum, but, I am curious
Aug 24, 2011, 07:23 PM
Registered User
telos81's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoidslap75
Has HH made any comment, I know this is not the forum, but, I am curious
Yes. It's on their website ... Don't have the link handy though.
Aug 24, 2011, 07:28 PM
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoidslap75
Has HH made any comment, I know this is not the forum, but, I am curious
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=2302

cheers chuck

Horizon is saddened by the loss of pilot Bryan Jensen, during the Kansas City Aviation Expo Air Show on Saturday, August 20th. Horizon was one of Bryan's sponsors for his Kimball Enterprises-designed and built aircraft, "The Beast", and had worked with Bryan on several occasions to promote the Hangar 9 and E-flite versions of his aircraft. Bryan was an enthusiastic aviator and a well respected air show participant.

A memorial service will be held Thursday, August 25, 2011, at 2:00 p.m. at the Cass County Community Center in Atlantic, Iowa. In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials be made to the Mid American Youth Aviation Association (http://midamericayouthaviation.org) or the University of North Dakota Aviation Student Scholarship Fund (http://und.edu/) in Bryan's name. Our sincerest condolences go to Bryan's family and friends.


Aug 24, 2011, 07:28 PM
Registered User
telos81's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud
Before you guys start goin and taping up your creases, it pays to "steam" them flat w/ a sealing iron and wet paper towel...the steam "puffs up" the foam, back into shape and lessens the severity of creases. Also straightens warps.

Also works good to flatten bubbled decals.

The little "trim" sealing iron works great on small, hard to reach places...full size iron for wings and such. One reason my 4Site lived such a long and productive life....that and my awesome piloting skillz, of course.






Bud, flat and straight Bud
I just ordered an iron ... Tell me more about the technique please, you use a paper towel? Soaking wet, or less? What heat setting on the iron.

This seems like a great idea, but I don't want to ruin my beast
Aug 24, 2011, 08:15 PM
ICU
ICU
Check out my Shapeways Shop
ICU's Avatar
Ok I'm posting this in both the Sbach and Beast forums at the same time.

I'm looking for one person to test the "Beefy" 180 prop adapter, I designed.

The first person (lower-48 ONLY, according to the time-stamp in the post) that shows me a picture of their broken prop adapter, that's keeping them from flying gets it. Free-of-charge.

If you post it up before 12AM CST, I'll mail it tomorrow and you should get it by Sat.

EDIT: Alright slickg66 got it over in the Sbach forum. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2273
Last edited by ICU; Aug 24, 2011 at 09:18 PM.
Aug 24, 2011, 08:23 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos81
I just ordered an iron ... Tell me more about the technique please, you use a paper towel? Soaking wet, or less? What heat setting on the iron.

This seems like a great idea, but I don't want to ruin my beast

supplies:

-Bowl or pan of cold water

-paper towel, cut to size for easy placement

-kitchen towel, laid flat on counter

-sealing iron, set to medium heat or just above (best to have both a full-size and a trim sealing iron, if you're really going to get into this seriously )



the way I do it:


I soak the paper towel piece in the water, then just lightly drag it across the kitchen towel...so it's still quite wet, almost dripping...

Place the aircraft/area to be worked on on a flat counter (ie, say if it's a wing tip- position the plane so the wingtip is flat (horizontal) on a corner of the counter...it's possible to work an area in "free air" also, that is...not supported on a counter...just takes a lighter touch, and works best with a trim iron..which is good for the "in between" places of bipe wings) ...flatten the wet paper towel out on the area to be worked on, it's important to have no creases or folds in the paper towel.

run the iron over the wet paper towel that you have placed on your crease or warp...it's important to hear a "sssssss" steaming sound- that's the sound of the process, the water turning to steam and "puffing up" the foam as well as flattening out any warps.

Often it will take two or three applications...soak the paper towel each time, removing the excess water by lightly dragging over the flat kitchen towel, as described. As mentioned in a previous post, really bad creases/bends often won't disappear completely...but they'll be much less severe. These really bad creases will turn into cracks if left untreated, as they are "high stress" areas that take the brunt of crashes over and over.

The best measure is, of course.....do not crash.


I highly recommend this procedure as a relaxing therapy.

Hmm maybe I should start a clinic...$25 drop-in fee...BYOP.



Bud, therapeutic Bud
Aug 24, 2011, 08:25 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryclock
Will those go on the beast prop adapter without modifcation?
Yep. Nice and snug fit...almost like they were made for each other.

Only the spinner needs slight modification (remove the little foam "nubs" on the backside of the spinner, and maybe some of the interior foam.)
Aug 24, 2011, 08:26 PM
I fly em', there for I am.
SBOTI74's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU
Ok I'm posting this in both the Sbach and Beast forums at the same time.

I'm looking for one person to test the "Beefy" 180 prop adapter, I designed.

The first person (lower-48 ONLY, according to the time-stamp in the post) that shows me a picture of their broken prop adapter, that's keeping them from flying gets it. Free-of-charge.

If you post it up before 12AM CST, I'll mail it tomorrow and you should get it by Sat.
I don't have a broken one.... yet but I would like to pay to test one for you. I like to try and help out small business or people trying to get started..

Let me know,

Derrell
Aug 24, 2011, 08:30 PM
Diverted by planks
tracknoob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials be made to the Mid American Youth Aviation Association (http://midamericayouthaviation.org) or the University of North Dakota Aviation Student Scholarship Fund (http://und.edu/) in Bryan's name.
What a terrific way to memorialize his life and efforts! Thanks for sharing the particulars.
Aug 24, 2011, 08:38 PM
MJF
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
MJF's Avatar
Well it happend. Wentt out to fly beast and thirty seconds. Into flight and after a few ke and all the fun stuff plane went went down hard on the nose.....broken prop, hatch,fuse has two cracks.....not as bad as one would. Think ......picked up plane and rudder was stuck all the way to the left...however I did pop it back in place packed it up and flew other less fun. Micros..........

Any ideas on what I need to do bout rudder lock up

Mike
Aug 24, 2011, 09:26 PM
ICU
ICU
Check out my Shapeways Shop
ICU's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOTI74
I don't have a broken one.... yet but I would like to pay to test one for you. I like to try and help out small business or people trying to get started..

Let me know,

Derrell
Although you did reply about it first, I really wanted to help someone else get up in the air. Slickg66 posted up a picture of his broken one held together with epoxy. Thanks for the offer.

I have one on my Beast and Sbach and 2 testers that need them. As soon as I hear back from the testers they will be for sale.
Aug 24, 2011, 09:29 PM
Registered User
telos81's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF
Well it happend. Wentt out to fly beast and thirty seconds. Into flight and after a few ke and all the fun stuff plane went went down hard on the nose.....broken prop, hatch,fuse has two cracks.....not as bad as one would. Think ......picked up plane and rudder was stuck all the way to the left...however I did pop it back in place packed it up and flew other less fun. Micros..........

Any ideas on what I need to do bout rudder lock up

Mike
The rudder often gets jammed after a crash, if the control horn slips free of the bent wire it's attached too ... That's not servo lock, it's just from the force of the crash. If it "popped" back into center, that's probably what you saw as rudder lock (unless, of course, you are positive rudder lock caused the crash)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion ParkZone Ultra Micro T-28!!! THE Owners Thread!!!! RM_Sparks Micro Ready-to-Fly 10863 Yesterday 03:15 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 04:51 PM
Discussion UM beast, Now your talking qman Micro Ready-to-Fly 102 Dec 22, 2010 10:39 AM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 03:00 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread monitor Parkflyers 913 Oct 04, 2005 09:02 PM