May 27, 2011, 04:15 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D*Flyer
ZZZZZZ.....

The problem is: Most people who have downloaded it do not remember where they took it from. In my case, I'm pretty sure I saw the link showing up in this thread (don't quote me!) , so I quickly downloaded it and forgot about it. No matter what, I didn't really liked it. Some people said it was close enough, but not close enough for me! Not going back home for a few days, but when I'll go, I'll see if I can at least give you the full name and/or mail you the file.
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlieb
Am i the only one here that thinks the beast looks much better than it flies?
I believe you are the first to say it - I can't imagine why you would think that. Maybe you have some much neater planes and if so I suppose I could understand. I have almost all the um planes from Horizon and the Beast is certainly right up on the top of the heap - maybe not completely alone though. I'd be interested in what else you fly that makes you think this. I would be really interested in trying whatever it is.
May 27, 2011, 05:32 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly
I believe you are the first to say it - I can't imagine why you would think that. Maybe you have some much neater planes and if so I suppose I could understand. I have almost all the um planes from Horizon and the Beast is certainly right up on the top of the heap - maybe not completely alone though. I'd be interested in what else you fly that makes you think this. I would be really interested in trying whatever it is.
+1. I love the Beast. Definitely in my top 2 put of all my planes and sometimes my number 1.
May 27, 2011, 07:00 PM
Really thinking about one of these as I'm getting back into the hobby (I am going to be flying some old models to get my chops back in the meantime).

Question: Can I use a DX5e TX? Love to have the 6 channel TX with everything but the budget for all of this is tight at the moment.
May 27, 2011, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't. This sucker needs a high resolution transmitter and you may like some expo if your fingers are rusty.
May 27, 2011, 07:02 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Anyone know where I can download the Beast airplane for RealFlight.
I have the 150 cc AeroWorks Beast on my RealFlight 5.5 expansion pack 7. Best plane out of all 50 (?) i have to choose from. Mostest favorite on the simulator.

Ron
May 27, 2011, 07:05 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly
I'd be interested in what else you fly that makes you think this. I would be really interested in trying whatever it is.
The UM Beast is second to none in the UM world. IMO.

Ron
May 27, 2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho50ca
I wouldn't. This sucker needs a high resolution transmitter and you may like some expo if your fingers are rusty.
Thanks for the heads up.
May 28, 2011, 12:27 AM
EDF Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlieb
Am i the only one here that thinks the beast looks much better than it flies?
So far I am underwhelmed. . Mine is not on rails. First flight was a fight. I had to hold lots of up elevator just to keep it in the air. It also wanted to roll right. It was my fault I'm sure. This one seems to require more accuracy when adjusting for the correct CG than I experienced with the other UM's. You can't just take it out of the box and fly like the UM Trojan, p-51, Cub or Sukhoi. At least I didn't have any problem with them like I have with the Beast.

My next 3 flights were better but I still seem to be nose heavy. Weather has been lousy here so I've only had the 4 flights. I'm sure it will get more fun as I get more time with it and I balance it better.

The Beast is also my first biplane. I've had trouble telling if it's inverted or upright since I can't use the fuselage as my normal visual cue. Not a huge problem but something to adjust to.

Overall, of the UM's I have I've had the most fun with the UM Trojan. I'm sure once it's flying better the Beast will become a favorite. Of course, since it's fairly new, now I'm sad I didn't get the new reduced price!

Bring on the Sbach!

I have somewhere around 30 Horizon planes. If I ranked them the larger planes are more fun. I enjoy the UM's too for the times I have to fly near home (parks, etc) but the bigger ones fly better.
May 28, 2011, 12:49 AM
We Do It With FRQZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight
So far I am underwhelmed. . Mine is not on rails. First flight was a fight. I had to hold lots of up elevator just to keep it in the air. It also wanted to roll right. It was my fault I'm sure. This one seems to require more accuracy when adjusting for the correct CG than I experienced with the other UM's. You can't just take it out of the box and fly like the UM Trojan, p-51, Cub or Sukhoi. At least I didn't have any problem with them like I have with the Beast.

My next 3 flights were better but I still seem to be nose heavy. Weather has been lousy here so I've only had the 4 flights. I'm sure it will get more fun as I get more time with it and I balance it better.

The Beast is also my first biplane. I've had trouble telling if it's inverted or upright since I can't use the fuselage as my normal visual cue. Not a huge problem but something to adjust to.

Overall, of the UM's I have I've had the most fun with the UM Trojan. I'm sure once it's flying better the Beast will become a favorite. Of course, since it's fairly new, now I'm sad I didn't get the new reduced price!

Bring on the Sbach!

I have somewhere around 30 Horizon planes. If I ranked them the larger planes are more fun. I enjoy the UM's too for the times I have to fly near home (parks, etc) but the bigger ones fly better.
push the battery back further than u can see it..
May 28, 2011, 01:06 AM
EDF Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkintx
push the battery back further than u can see it..
Thanks. That's what I've been thinking too. It just seemed too far. My fat fingers don't fit easily.
May 28, 2011, 02:17 AM
I just finished putting a replacement wing set on mine. Would have been a whole lot easier if the set came with some kind of instructions. It was more involved than I was expecting. For instance, I had to split the fuse to unplug the aileron servos so I could pass the leads through the hole in the middle of the bottom wing. The hardest part for me was gluing the carbon rod wing braces between the wings. Having done it once, however, I could do it a LOT quicker a second time if I had to. I'm pretty impressed with how it turned out, considering how intimidated I was by the job. I stared at the replacement parts for a week and a half before I finally dove in. All that I ended up needing was a razor blade for removal of old wing and a bottle of foam safe CA.
May 28, 2011, 07:16 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Anyone know where I can download the Beast airplane for RealFlight. It looks like knifeedge Forums is down... I have been trying to get on it for two days now and the webpage times out. can anyone else get to it?
Web page is up. Here's the link:
http://knifeedge.com/forums/download...=file&id=13958

Again, I don't find it great myself, but hey, it's rated 9.3, so somebody else like it! I guess I prefer to fly the real one!
May 28, 2011, 07:40 AM
Yeeah buddy!
Anyone;
Does the real plane fly alot like the RealFlight model?
May 28, 2011, 08:34 AM
The new price is extremely tempting...

Quick Reply