Jul 13, 2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
I think he meant nobody will be putting the Beast colors on a true Pitts M12, not an RC version...

Ben
I want to say somebody repainted a Pitts in Jim LeRoy's scheme. I won't say never, but I don't think there should be another beast, That was Jenson's scheme.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife View Post
I want to say somebody repainted a Pitts in Jim LeRoy's scheme. I won't say never, but I don't think there should be another beast, That was Jenson's scheme.
I would respect a tribute to the man and machine combined, if it were known that it was a Jenson-Beast and not a Beast copy for a Beast copy's sake.
Jul 15, 2013, 01:46 AM
Crashed my beast today ,after a nice 5-7 second low level hover, the wind put me inverted and I panicked and tried to pull up and drove her into the ground. Not to much damage . Broken prop adaptor and popped a set of flying wires off the wing, she's not as pretty as she was now that she has a little chin rash from crashing in to the gravel.
Last edited by Kryton; Jul 15, 2013 at 01:55 AM.
Jul 15, 2013, 06:15 AM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryton View Post
Crashed my beast today ,after a nice 5-7 second low level hover, the wind put me inverted and I panicked and tried to pull up and drove her into the ground. Not to much damage . Broken prop adaptor and popped a set of flying wires off the wing, she's not as pretty as she was now that she has a little chin rash from crashing in to the gravel.
I'm fairly certain that has happened to everyone at least a couple times while learning. Glad the damage wasn't to bad.

Remember that when inverted down is up and up is expensive.

-Brian
Jul 15, 2013, 12:37 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
I got my heatsinks in today. Attached a couple of pictures to show their size and how well they fit on the Beast3D brick. I think a couple of people have lamented the fact that a supplier of heatsinks no longer is in business or something to that tune. These look like they'll work great.

Here's the link
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11510

Ben
Ben,

I keep forgetting to thank you for the Sparkfun heatsink link.

I talked Eman out of a bunch of his and have been looking for more for customers.
I've got a test batch with thermal tape on the way.
Hope to add them to my product list shortly.

Many thanks!

rc
Jul 15, 2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Ben,

I keep forgetting to thank you for the Sparkfun heatsink link.

I talked Eman out of a bunch of his and have been looking for more for customers.
I've got a test batch with thermal tape on the way.
Hope to add them to my product list shortly.

Many thanks!

rc
Good move. Somethings gotta cool those 3S machines. Maybe you should start stocking plastic spoons for making air scoops. Did wonders for my overheated Beast. Bet you could get a good bulk deal on the spoons.
Mike
Jul 15, 2013, 10:04 PM
Well I fixed my bunged up Beast tonight, as I suspected the elevator pushrod slid inside the shrink tube sleeve. Also, I was able to successfully balance the spinner and now there's no more control surface oscillation! Sweeeeet!!!

PLEASE NO WIND TOMORROW EVENING... Please??

Ben
Jul 15, 2013, 10:23 PM

Gws prop 5030

I tryied this prop on , the plane would fly then shut off ,I think to many amps were being drawn ,switch back to stock prop and everthing was find,
Jul 15, 2013, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin finn View Post
I tryied this prop on , the plane would fly then shut off ,I think to many amps were being drawn ,switch back to stock prop and everthing was find,
I think you've got a different problem then? I'm running a 5043 which draws more amps and it's never had a glitch. 5030s have been used with widespread success on this plane. How long did it fly for, and what was the shut off like? All controls lost? Or did the throttle stop responding until you lowered the throttle stick and it re-armed itself? There are tons of smart guys on here who will help you get this sorted

Ben
Jul 15, 2013, 10:27 PM
Quote:
You running 3S? This sounds like 3S behavior.
Jul 16, 2013, 12:50 AM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
What batt?

rc
Jul 16, 2013, 05:13 AM

Gws 5030

Quote:
I think you've got a different problem then? I'm running a 5043 which draws more amps and it's never had a glitch. 5030s have been used with widespread success on this plane. How long did it fly for, and what was the shut off like? All controls lost? Or did the throttle stop responding until you lowered the throttle stick and it re-armed itself? There are tons of smart guys on here who will help you get this sorted

Ben
the plane flies for a minute and then motor stops ,using 360 mah battery,stock prop works fine plane flies around
Jul 16, 2013, 06:55 AM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Quote:
the plane flies for a minute and then motor stops ,using 360 mah battery,stock prop works fine plane flies around
I'd be willing to put money on "He didn't balance the prop"

The GWS props are often so far out of balance that the vibrations will overwork the servos leading to OCP/OTP.

-Brian
Jul 16, 2013, 08:46 AM

Prop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
I'd be willing to put money on "He didn't balance the prop"

The GWS props are often so far out of balance that the vibrations will overwork the servos leading to OCP/OTP.

-Brian
Hi maybe ,cop/top mean thank you for your help
Jul 16, 2013, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Hi maybe ,cop/top mean thank you for your help
ocp = over current protection
otp = over temperature protection

the mainboard which contains the receiver, as3x circuitry, speed controller, and two servos has the ability to shut down if too much current is drawn or if the components get too hot to prevent permanent damage.

Brian is saying that if your prop is wildly out of balance, it can make the plane shake, which makes the servos continuously move, which causes a higher current draw due to the AS3X trying to correct for the vibrations with the servos, and that perhaps it's getting either too hot from that activity or it's drawing too much current.

Ben

Quick Reply