Official Eflite UMX Beast Owners thread! - Page 1074 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 27, 2012, 04:36 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
ckleanth's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Thank you! I have the worst time with HK's Battery Heaven.
well until now I never had an issue with any of the batteries bought from hk
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2012, 10:33 AM
Custom User Name Title
bhoov128's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth
well until now I never had an issue with any of the batteries bought from hk
I think he meant finding proper batteries using their Battery Heaven tool on the HK website?
Latest blog entry: DPS-600PB Dual Build
Dec 28, 2012, 08:13 PM
Registered User
tsecrist's Avatar

Charging eflite 2s with PL8?


Can't find a plug that works for the PL8 adapter board for this eflite 2S 7.4V 180 mah lipo??? Tim
Dec 28, 2012, 08:16 PM
Registered User
tsecrist's Avatar
How do you charge these tiny batteries?
Dec 28, 2012, 08:52 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsecrist
How do you charge these tiny batteries?
On a tiny battery charger. Just had to say that. Seriously, any good battery charger can do it. I charge them on my 400watt Turnigy. I just set the amps to whatever S and C rating I want to charge at and it does fine.

You can parallel charge these too. I sometimes charge 6 at a time on Progressive RC's parallel charging adapter.
http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...beast-umx.html
Dec 28, 2012, 08:54 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth
well until now I never had an issue with any of the batteries bought from hk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
I think he meant finding proper batteries using their Battery Heaven tool on the HK website?
Yup... bhoov is correct.
Dec 28, 2012, 08:58 PM
Parkzone junkie
kalmon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsecrist
How do you charge these tiny batteries?
You can buy parallel charge cables from rc-connectors and a couple other places. If you want to use the FMA PowerLab8 to charge one at a time you can buy either of the cables from Horizon: TP/PQ4S or GP/KO. FYI the charge leads fit perfectly into the PL8.

-Brian
Dec 28, 2012, 09:04 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
On a tiny battery charger. Just had to say that. Seriously, any good battery charger can do it. I charge them on my 400watt Turnigy. I just set the amps to whatever S and C rating I want to charge at and it does fine.

You can parallel charge these too. I sometimes charge 6 at a time on Progressive RC's parallel charging adapter.
http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...beast-umx.html
E,

I prefer to charge em N mine...
$8.95
Same day shipping.
Service w/.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1540831

rc
Dec 28, 2012, 09:37 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
E,

I prefer to charge em N mine...
$8.95
Same day shipping.
Service w/.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1540831

rc
Yes, yes... dumb me... how could I forget you?? Crumb... sorry...
Jan 01, 2013, 07:59 PM
Registered User
I have been flying the beast quite alot lately and all it has to show for it is a little scratch under the cowl no crashes yet though!!! Ive been practicing inverted figure eights and KE flight I think I'm ready to start hovering can anybody give me any tips on hovering the beast ? Much appreciated
Jan 01, 2013, 08:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee
I have been flying the beast quite alot lately and all it has to show for it is a little scratch under the cowl no crashes yet though!!! Ive been practicing inverted figure eights and KE flight I think I'm ready to start hovering can anybody give me any tips on hovering the beast ? Much appreciated
It's pretty tough. AS3X helps until it doesn't. And when it doesn't, it's very sudden. Just be prepared. Altitude is your friend. I really can't do it. Some can. It takes a lot of skill.
Jan 01, 2013, 08:30 PM
Registered User
flypaper 2's Avatar
This is where you need the brute power to be able to accelerate straight up out of a hover. Once you get it pointing straight up, it takes very little stick movement to keep it there. Easy to overcontrol. I've found also helps to pulse the throttle up and down when in the hover. Gives more prop blast over the controls. Hope this helps.
PS I'm in the middle of making a set of weeny skis for mine.

Gord.
Jan 01, 2013, 08:54 PM
Registered User
Thanks will try this afternoon if weather permits. Please post a picture of the skis when they are finished I would like to see how they turn out
Jan 01, 2013, 09:37 PM
Registered User
flypaper 2's Avatar
Will do!!

Gord.
Jan 04, 2013, 03:36 AM
Registered User
Hi all just wondering if the Sbach 342 3D takes the same batteries as the Beast 3D??? Also just wondering what the Sbach is like to fly. I am thinking of getting one as company for my beast


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion ParkZone Ultra Micro T-28!!! THE Owners Thread!!!! RM_Sparks Micro Ready-to-Fly 10927 Dec 04, 2017 02:57 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 05:51 PM
Discussion UM beast, Now your talking qman Micro Ready-to-Fly 102 Dec 22, 2010 11:39 AM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 04:00 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread monitor Parkflyers 913 Oct 04, 2005 10:02 PM