Jul 28, 2012, 05:05 PM

attached pics..

I'm attaching some pics. For vendor sale purposes, the part no. remained the same, ie EFLU4864 but on the board itself it has another code no that is label.
ok guys here it is looking on the board not on HH vendor part no. :

DSMX rcvr/esc = TH202F (defective, same with your original brick Don Juan)
DSM2 rcvr/esc = TH204F (HH sent me for replacement)

If you have a DSXM radio, you will find the difference between those two ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan
yurstruly,
I had servo problems as well, both the elevator and rudder on my B3D. HH sent me a new brick and the problems went away. I still have the old brick and can give you the part numbers off of it. These numbers are on the board right next to the antenna,24R6CLEG-B V05, 2011-7-06. Also on the back side there is a sticker with TH202F printed on it stuck to an IC. I remember that the sticker number was different from my old brick to the new brick but I didn't write any of the numbers down and I'm not going to take it apart again now that it's working great. I think there's still a mystery as far as what was actually wrong with these. I can speculate what the problems actually were but I'd just be guessing. Maybe some bad servos, maybe a software tweak, maybe both? HH fixed it so I'm happy with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon
I purchased my B3D in the first shipment I got the EFLU4864 receiver. As far as I know this is the only AS3X receiver ever used in the Beast3D.

Can you tell me what part number is the DSMx one? The only AS3X receivers are:
AS6410NBL - Brushless ESC, No servos, used on the Mig
EFLU4864 - Brushless ESC, 2 long throw servos, used in B3D, CC, GeeBee
EFLU1264 - No ESC, 1cell - used in the ASK-21 sailplane
PKZU2164 - Brushed 1cell ESC - used in the upcoming spitfire.

Those are the only AS3X Receivers. Which one did you have before?

Yes on here a HH employee said there was a higher than normal failure rate in one batch but that appears to be behind us now.

-Brian
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2012, 06:51 PM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
FYI -

According to the website and what the engineering guys told us back when, the EFLU1264 does have an ESC. Supposedly, it is essentially the same as the Spit's brick, but with the gyro oriented for horizontal mounting & AS3X programming suitable for a sailplane.

Regarding the B3D & CC, I've seen other reports claiming that the new bricks are DSMX. To make things more confusing - the CC page claims that it has a DSMX brick, but the parts listing shows the DSM2 EFLU4864. The B3D page says that it has a DSM2 brick, and also lists the EFLU4864 as a replacement.

Joel
Good info on the ASK-21 Joel! I looked all over HH and E-flites site and couldn't find squat on them other than a part number. This makes me want to find a um scale folding prop for the ASK now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurstruly
I'm attaching some pics. For vendor sale purposes, the part no. remained the same, ie EFLU4864 but on the board itself it has another code no that is label.
ok guys here it is looking on the board not on HH vendor part no. :

DSMX rcvr/esc = TH202F (defective, same with your original brick Don Juan)
DSM2 rcvr/esc = TH204F (HH sent me for replacement)

If you have a DSXM radio, you will find the difference between those two
Cool I've never seen this before! I just love it when manufactures make such a big change and don't change the part number...

Where did you find the DSM2/DSMx info on the two model numbers?

-Brian
Jul 28, 2012, 09:12 PM
build, fly, crash, repeat ...
oops .......

it's a good thing I haven't swapped the parts over to the new air frame yet, for a brief moment today ....I forgot how to fly.
Jul 29, 2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Linfoot
oops .......

it's a good thing I haven't swapped the parts over to the new air frame yet, for a brief moment today ....I forgot how to fly.
Looks like your Beast got "et by a gator" and spit out.
Jul 29, 2012, 12:02 PM
Looks as though that 3 bladed prop had too much power! Pulled the nose right off!
Jul 29, 2012, 01:15 PM
I discover it by chance.. When I bought my B3Dasx this June, I rebound it on my DSMX radio and next thing I know I am connected to a "dsmx" receiver. Now when my brick failed, I asked for warranty replacement and I received the said package brick. I tested the replacement brick before installing it and tada its a DSM2 receiver. Next I look on both board to see the difference and I saw the sticker number on both board with different no. at all.. I guess that figures....

[QUOTE=

Cool I've never seen this before! I just love it when manufactures make such a big change and don't change the part number...

Where did you find the DSM2/DSMx info on the two model numbers?

-Brian[/QUOTE]
Jul 29, 2012, 04:59 PM
I am using a hyperion 180mAh 2S in my V1 and waiting on my new 3DS. I would like to try the 3S in the new 3DS but I can barely fit the 180 under the cowl in the V1. How do you all get the 3S to fit?
Thanks
Jul 29, 2012, 05:52 PM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrex
I am using a hyperion 180mAh 2S in my V1 and waiting on my new 3DS. I would like to try the 3S in the new 3DS but I can barely fit the 180 under the cowl in the V1. How do you all get the 3S to fit?
Thanks
I don't have a V1 but I believe they redesigned the battery tray in the B3D, regardless the 3S BB180 barely fits, you basically have to wedge it in there far enough back so that the battery hatch cover can be put on. Squeezing the little tab on the hatch cover to compress the foam helps too.

-Brian
Jul 29, 2012, 11:34 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrex
Thanks
vrex,

My Hyp (3S) 180 is pretty close in thickness compared to a stock Hyp (2S) 240.
I use the ole X-acto 'shoehorn' method to install or remove mine.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13471

She fits fine and doesn't move in flight...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=14611
Jul 30, 2012, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Squeezing the little tab on the hatch cover to compress the foam helps too.

-Brian
Simply getting rid of it completely helps even more. I'm running 250mAh 3S TP's in mine and they wedge in fine.
Jul 30, 2012, 07:09 AM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Simply getting rid of it completely helps even more. I'm running 250mAh 3S TP's in mine and they wedge in fine.
Yeah, if you're nervous about it coming off in flight I think I saw someone removed the tab and replaced it with a small piece of flat CF strip.

-Brian
Jul 30, 2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks guys!
Going to buy some 3S'!
Soon as the plane gets here.
Jul 30, 2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Yeah, if you're nervous about it coming off in flight I think I saw someone removed the tab and replaced it with a small piece of flat CF strip.

-Brian
I did that on my earlier Beasts but have found it completely unnecessary. It stays on fine with just the magnets.
Jul 30, 2012, 11:23 AM
Boost rules!
Quote:

-Brian
I did that. Works well. I got the idea from someone else on here. Can't remember who it was, though....

Joel
Jul 30, 2012, 11:55 AM

Battery recommedation

I'm thinking about getting a Beast. My Um T-28 is a lot more fun to fly with high performance batteries. What about a great 2S battery for the Beast? I'm not interested in longer flight times, I want performance.
For my Um T-28 I use Hyperion 160 25c and Eflight 150 25c. I have to say that the Eflight batteries are way better for WOT and climb.
What would you guys recommend? Thanks.
MIke

Quick Reply